Clarkson University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Located in Potsdam, New York, the Clarkson University was established in 1896 to honor Thomas S. Clarkson who was a pioneering entrepreneur and humanitarian. With an enrollment of nearly 4,301, the institute is a coveted name in the US Education System that serves as a site of global diversity and ethnicity representing 42 states and 63 countries across the globe.
The institute offers a plethora of courses for international students at the ranging levels of undergraduate and graduate. The programs are provided across its 5 schools and includes more than 50 majors and minors to choose from.
Admissions at Clarkson University are provided on a rolling basis round the year with a priority application deadline of June 1. With an acceptance rate of nearly 66%, the institute is regarded as one of the moderately selective institutes. Thus, it ensures that every child is given equal opportunity and enrolls any candidate showcasing a decent overall profile, making it one of the favored choices to study in the USA.
- The Clarkson University has been ranked as a top-tier national university in U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges list.
- According to The Princeton Review, Clarkson University is among America's “Best 385 Colleges and among top 20 colleges for "Best Career Services".
- According to CEOWORLD magazine, the university is one of the 100 Best-Value Private Colleges in America.
- The University has also been ranked as one of the top 10 Engineering Colleges in the U.S by USA Today.
- Forbes magazine has ranked the university as one of America’s top Research Universities.
|Endowment||186.14 million USD|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Application Fee||60 and 50 USD for undergraduates and graduates|
|Season of Intake||Rolling admissions|
|Work-study program||Available for international students|
|Financial Aid||Available as Awards and Scholarships|
|Admission Helpdeskemail@example.com | 315 268-6480|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
The Clarkson University offers an array of programs which includes more than 91 programs in engineering, liberal arts, business, science, education, and health professions.
The degrees granted by the university are – Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Engineering, Master of Science, Bachelor of Professional Studies, Master of Arts in Teaching, Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Physical Therapy.
Some of the graduate programs offered by the university are Basic Science, Bioethics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Analytics, etc.
The institute also provides student exchange programs for its students across its various schools in Europe and Australia. It also houses the Center for Advanced Materials Processing which contributes towards research programs of the university.
The Clarkson University has three campuses with the main campus at Potsdam, New York. The Potsdam campus is spread over 640 wooded and waterfront acres and offers all undergraduate degree programs, many master's and PhD programs. The campus is home to research centers, athletic facilities and provides residences for nearly 4,000 students.
The other two campuses are - Schenectady and Beacon. Schenectady is the capital region campus of the university and offers various professional, graduate and K-12 outreach programs. Beacon campus is located on the banks of the Hudson River. The campus offers various graduate, water research and K-12 programs.
The university campus also offers some 200+ clubs and professional societies with 182 intramural teams.
Housing and Residential Facilities
- The institute offers four-year residence facilities for the students through its various halls.
- The University has 9 residence halls including “Quad” which has 4 residence halls.
- Quad is a collection of four residence halls namely Cubley, Reynolds, Ross, Brooks. Each of these halls has four floors with 12 to 25 rooms per floor. Each room is shared by two students and has basic amenities like beds, desks, built-in dressers, window drapes and closets, etc.
- Other residence halls are Price Hall, Woodstock Village, Hamlin-Powers, Moore House, Graham Hall, Riverside Apartments, Townhouse Apartments and Weston's Apartments.
- All these halls have single and double occupancy rooms with basic facilities like beds, desks, chests, closets, Cable TV, parking, refrigerator, network access, etc.
- The available options usually range between 4,004 USD to 4,633 USD.
Clarkson University Application Process
How to Apply?
Application Portal – Apply online at the official website.
Application Fee – 65 USD (Can apply for fee waiver)
Documents to be submitted
- Official secondary school transcript, mark sheets.
- Two letters of recommendation
- SAT or ACT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS or equivalent scores
- Certification of Finances Form (PDF) and supporting bank statement
- Copy of your current passport
- Valid Visa
Application Fee – 50 USD (Can apply for fee waiver)
Documents to be submitted
- All collegiate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores
- A personal statement of 250-500 words explaining why you want to attend Clarkson University
- GMAT/GRE test scores (If applicable)
Clarkson University cost of attendance
An estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is given as follows. Note that the expenses given are just an estimate and are subject to change.
|Tuition and Fee||51,128 USD|
Tuition fee for various courses at the institute varies and for some of the popular courses is as stated below.
|Type of Program||Cost (in USD, per credit hour)|
|Art and Sci||1,388|
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The institute offers various forms of financial aid in the form of awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA. All the international students accepted for an undergraduate program are considered for a partial international scholarship at the Clarkson University.
Students are not required to fill any separate application form for these scholarships. The amount of scholarship ranges from 5,000 to 30,000 USD per academic year and is awarded on the basis of academic records of the student.
The university does not offer need-based financial aid to international students. International graduate applicants are considered for merit-based scholarships on an individual basis.
- Jessica Pappis, co-founder and the Director of Operations and Sales of Veritas Prime; Rev. Dr. Russell C. Hall, United Methodist minister; David Neuner, NYS Professional Engineer are some notable Alumni of the Clarkson University.
- These Alumni can participate in various events and reunions at the university.
- They can use resources like Digital Yearbooks, Clarkson Bookstore, borrow Clarkson Banner, etc.
The Clarkson University has been ranked as one of 25 Colleges with the Highest-Paid Graduates by Money & Career Cheat Sheet. PayScale College Salary Report also places the university in top 3% Best Universities and Colleges by Salary Potential (all alumni).
The University has also been named as one of the Best Colleges for Your Money by MONEY magazine. These facts make it clear that the placement of the university is strong.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal :https://www.clarkson.edu/apply-now
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
QS World University
RANKED #751 - #800
Being a student of science background I always wanted to pursue my career in the field of bioethics from the USA, and for this, I had done a lot of research in the field. I applied to five colleges. I had selected this university as it was providing me with rigorous academics, research, and social life to collide with my personal passion. I had secured a GPA of 7 in my bachelor's degree and had applied at the university through an Online Application.
Course Curriculum :
I had to complete 36 credit hours of graduate coursework. I was provided with competency-based education in clinical ethics, research ethics, and bioethics for skills, credentials, and specialized professional expertise. The curriculum included presentations to be made by the students in groups as a method of transferring learning through coordinated efforts of students.
Being a student of science background I had planned to pursue my career in the field of bioethics from the USA, and for this, I had done a lot of research in the field and had applied in 5 colleges. I had selected this university as it was providing me with rigorous academics, research, and social life to collide with my personal passions with a powerful learning experience. The university is accredited by various known institutes for the quality of education it provides. I had secured a GPA of 7 in my bachelor's degree and had applied at the university through an online application form after paying an application fee of around $75.
Course Curriculum :
The program consists of 36 credit hours of graduate coursework and provided competency-based education in clinical ethics, research ethics, and bioethics for skills, credentials, and specialized professional expertise. The curriculum included presentations to be made by the students in groups as a method of transferring learning through coordinated efforts of students and providing students with in-depth knowledge of the field through teamwork.
After completing my bachelors in Physics I wanted to pursue a master's degree in Physics. Therefore I applied for it in Indian universities but could not qualify in any of them. Then I applied to the USA universities. There I was selected in two universities. I took admission in the Clarkson University.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum is varied enough to be interesting. The master's program in physics consists of 30 total credit hours that can be taken within two years.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary