University of Nevada Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
University of Nevada- Reno (UNR) is a public research university in Reno. The university received 9,531 applications for the fall 2018 semester. The acceptance rate for this term was 88%. However, only 44% of the accepted applicants enrolled with the university.
- Applicants can apply online through University admission portal and PG applicants can apply through Graduate admissions portal
- Standardized test scores are required for admission in UG and PG programs
- Interviews are held for PG applicants
- International applicants are suggested to apply 90 days before admissions deadlines.
|Admissions Office Eemail@example.com|
|Admissions Office Contact||(866) 263-8232|
|Average GPA rate||3.0|
|Mode of Payment||VISA, Discover Card, Master Card, Local Bank Transfer|
|Cost of attendance||$22,397|
|Financial Aid||Grants, Loans, Scholarships, Federal Study Aid|
University of Nevada- Reno Admission Deadlines
International Applicants must apply 90 days prior to the deadlines to be considered for admission. The admission deadlines for undergraduate applicants are as follows:
|Fall Scholarship||February 1|
|Fall Final Deadline||August 1|
|Spring Deadline||December 1|
University of Nevada- Reno International Admissions
The admission process for domestic and international students are both conducted online. However, international students have additional requirements and must be careful with their visa process so as to complete it in time. To avail scholarships on a priority basis, students must apply early.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- High school transcripts inclusive of grades from the last three years with a GPA of 3.5 and above.
- ACT/SAT exam results are required for the courses.
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS scores for applicants.
- Copy of Passport
- Personal essay/Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Health Insurance Cover
- Proof of financial support: Financial Data Form (Must be a dated bank statement with official signature and/or the Declaration of Finances). The total finances must be 34,300 USD.
- Video conference/In-person Interview
English Proficiency Test Score
International students may submit either TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores to prove English proficiency.
|Test||Minimum required score|
Visa Process for International Students
- Students are required to pay an enrolment deposit, following which they should submit their proof of financial support. The university upon receiving the required documents for validation shall issue an I-20 form to the applicant. The US does not grant visas more than 90 days prior to the reporting date.
- Applicants must provide the following documents to receive the I-20 Form
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support (Affidavit and Bank Statement)
- The I-20 must be completed with accurate information such as name, biographical information, and program information as this will be used for the visa stamp in the applicant’s passport.
- Students have to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ($200) and print the receipt for the interview.
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 visa, submit the form and make the required payment.
- Finally, students have to attend the scheduled interview at a suitable U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- General documents to take for the visa interview:
- Passport (valid for at least six months ahead)
- Original application Form
- Official Admission Letter and completed I-20 Form
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Proof of permanent address outside the U.S.
- Two Passport- size photographs (2”x2")
- Receipt of SEVIS I-901 fee payment.
- Proof of funding sufficient to cover your tuition and living expenses. The applicant may support this by providing the original versions of the Financial Affidavit of Support form and bank statement they submitted to receive immigration documents.
- Evidence of the intention to return to your home country and not immigrate to the U.S.
UNR Undergraduate Admissions
The institute offers courses in many subjects like accountancy, mathematics, finance, social sciences, anthropology, physics, computer science, etc. The admission requirements and process are mentioned below:
Application Portal: University admissions portal
Application Fee: $95
Mailing Address: University of Nevada, Reno, Office of International Students and Scholars/MS0074, Reno, Nevada, 89557 USA.
Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to submit the following documents-
- Completed application form with the application fee.
- Statement of Purpose
- The SAT/ACT (1120/22) scores are required for admission.
- Proof of English Proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS
- Original final secondary school transcripts with a minimum GPA of 3.
- Supporting Documents:
- Personal Essay (optional)
- Copy of Visa Application Form
- Copy of Passport (Essential for Form I-20)
- Proof of Financial Support
- Letters of Recommendation (At least 2)
UNR Graduate Admissions
The graduate courses offered by the university have similar admissions requirements and process. However, the deadlines vary. The details are mentioned below:
Admission Portal: Graduate Admissions Portal
- GPA of 3
- GMAT/MCAT/GRE scores (above 297)
- 2 LOR
- Personal Interview
Admission Deadlines for some popular courses.
|Master of Business Administration||March 15 (Fall), October 15 (Spring)|
|Master of Computer Science||Jan 15 (Fall), Aug 1 (Spring)|
|MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering||Jan 15 (Fall), Sept 1 (Spring)|
|MS in Mathematics||March 1 (Fall), Nov 1 (Spring)|
|Mechanical Engineering, M.S.||Jan 15 (Fall), Sept 1 (Spring)|
The University does not have a selective admission process. However, International students are advised to apply prior to deadlines and ensure their visa completion at least 3 months prior to the start of their semester.