University of Potomac: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Potomac is one of the leading universities offering the best education to the students. The university offers affordable and accessible education in various career-oriented disciplines, along with providing them a chance to choose from diversified undergraduate and graduate courses.
Some of the highly sought-after graduate degrees include Master of Business Administration, Master of Healthcare Administration, Master of Science in Information Technology among others offered for students to study in the USA.
- The University of the Potomac has received accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- The main campus of the University of the Potomac which is located in Washington is licensed to operate in the District of Columbia by the Higher Education Licensure Commission of the DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
- The University’s Branch campus is certified by The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia to provide education to the students in Virginia.
- Also, Potomac’s Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration degree programs has received approval by the Veterans Administration for veteran training.
- The University of the Potomac is unranked in Business Schools.
|No. of Campuses||Two|
|Student Satisfaction rate||89%|
|Test score accepted||TOEFL, IELTS|
|Mode of Program||Full time/Online|
University of Potomac Programs, Campus, and Residence
Potomac offers Associate, bachelors, masters and certificate programs, which a student can choose as per his/her area of interest.
- There are many online degrees, certificate programs and location-based learning available to the students in the Washington and Virginia areas.
- Some of the bachelor’s and associate degree offerings include Business, Accounting, International Business, Information Technology, Cyber Security, etc.
- The university also offers online learning which is a plus point for students who are serious about getting a great education and earning a degree, and look for an online learning experience.
- The students opting for online programs get the same quality of education which is offered in the classrooms.
- The practitioner-led curriculum is aimed at building a strong foundation in general education. Teachings at the university are provided by professionally and academically qualified faculty who are committed to student success.
- The university has two campuses which are located at Washington, D.C. and Falls Church, Virginia campus.
- Washington, D.C. campus is situated in the heart of the city’s government and business district, three blocks from the White House.
- All the latest and modern facilities are provided to the students at the campus which is located adjacent to the McPherson Square metro station, and just three blocks away from Metro Center.
- The university’ Falls Church, Virginia campus is also located near to many historical and cultural sites that offer a learning opportunity to the students, inside and outside the classrooms.
- The Virginia campus is located 15 minutes from Arlington, VA, and the Maryland border.
- In addition to providing the best services to the national students, the university also offers the best of the resources and support to its international students as well.
From ESL programs and on-campus advisors, all the international students get equal opportunities to learn at both the campuses
- The University of Potomac offers housing assistance to the students coming from different parts of the world in getting the best and affordable housing.
- The international students get resources and support from the university, from ESL programs and on-campus advisors, equal learning opportunities are provided to the students.
- International Students can also look for off-campus housing to study in the USA.
- Application: Online
- Application Deadline:
- Early action deadline- November 01
- Regular decision Deadlines- January 15
- General Requirements:
- ACT and/or SAT scores
- Personal essay
- Original academic transcripts/mark sheets
- Official program completion certificate/Degree/Diploma.
- Additional requirements:
- Passport issued by official authorities
- Birth certificate
- Valid student Visa
- Signed a confidential statement of finances
- Affidavit of support accompanied with an official bank statement and official scholarship letter (if any)
Note: The students have to deposit USD 500 as an enrolment deposit at the time of admission.
|TOEFL||PBT-500 /IBT-60||PBT-550/ iBT-70|
University of Potomac Cost of Attendance
The international students need to get prepared for the following expenses while studying at the college.
|Cost (Course)||Fees||Total Program Cost|
|Associate Degree||Tuition Per 3 Credit – USD 1,764||USD 37,780|
|Bachelor Degree||Tuition Per 3 Credit – USD 1,764||USD 75,560|
|Master Degree||Tuition Per 3 Credit – USD 2,700||USD 33,750|
|Professional Certificate||Tuition Per 3 Credit – USD 720||USD 4,995|
The average cost of attendance of a student studying at University of Potomac are:
|Books and Supplies||500 USD – 1,000 USD|
|Room and Board||8,814 USD|
|Personal Expenses||800 USD – 1,000 USD|
|International Student Enrollment Deposit||500 USD|
The University of Potomac offers financial aid to it's students in the form of scholarships, loans, grants, etc. Some of the available aid for international students are:
- International Students Tuition Scholarship Program:
- The International Students Tuition Scholarship is available to new international students who plan to do a full-time course at the University of the Potomac.
- The scholarship amount will cover up to 35% of the normal international student tuition cost, and the scholarship is available to both, first-time undergraduate and graduate students, and can be renewed provided the student maintains an acceptable academic record.
- Only tuition charges are covered under the scholarship amount and the students are supposed to pay all the entry and semester fees.
- The scholarship can also be used for the year-round study.
International Students can also apply for external scholarships or apply for educational loans to fund their higher education.