Missouri Western State University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Missouri Western State University is a public university located in USA. The university was established in the year 1915 and at present has students from all over the USA and more than 30 countries. The university at present serves more than 5000 students on its campus. The university offers various undergraduate and graduate programs for its students through its 6 schools and colleges along with offering various workshops, seminars, conferences suitable for the students.
Missouri Western State University Rankings
- Missouri Western State University has been ranked 117th-153rd in the Regional Universities Midwest list released by US News and World report.
- The US News and World report has also ranked the university at 129th place in terms of performance on Social Mobility.
- The university has been placed at 800th rank in the Times Higher Education World University rankings 2019.
- According to Niche rankings, the Missouri Western University has been ranked 30 out of 38 colleges in the list of "Most Diverse Colleges in Missouri".
|Institution Type||Private and Co-ed|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Campus Area||700 acres|
|Average Class Size||15|
|Percentage of International Students||2.5%|
|Financial Aid offered||41.5 million USD every year|
|No. of Student Organizations||80|
|No. of Residence Halls||6|
Missouri Western State University Campus
- Missouri Western State University is located in Saint Joseph, Missouri.
- The campus is spread over an area of 744 acres.
- The campus offers various facilities to the students like Art Gallery, Health Center, Counselling Center, 20+ Computer labs, Science Labs, Group study places and much more.
Missouri Western State University Residence
- The University provides residential facilities to its students through various residence halls namely- Leaverton Hall, Vaselakos Hall, Scanlon Hall, Beshears Hall, Juda Hall and Vartabedian Hall.
- Beshears & Juda Hall are co-ed suite-style buildings where each suite consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a shared commons area.
- Leaverton & Vaselakos Hall are co-ed suite-style buildings for first-year and senior students. These halls house more than 200 students and each suite consists of 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a shared commons area.
- Scanlon Hall is a co-ed building that houses 400 first-year, sophomore, junior and senior students. The hall has both double and single sharing rooms for the students.
- Vartabedian Hall which was also known as Griffon Hall is a co-ed, apartment-style building that houses over 240 sophomores, junior and senior students. Each suite has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a shared commons area with a couch and 4 bar stools.
- All these halls have twin beds, desks, chairs, three-drawer dresser, Clothes armoire, Cable television jack, Air conditioning/heating unit, Wireless internet access, computer lab, study area, kitchen, etc.
- Alternatively, you may look for off-campus accommodation optionsin the US at more pocket friendly rates and according to your living style.
Missouri Western State University Programs
- Missouri Western State University more than 120 majors, 60 minors and master’s programs for its students.
- These programs are offered through 6 schools/colleges namely- Craig School of Business & Technology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, College of Professional Studies, Graduate School, School of Fine Arts and School of Nursing & Health Professions.
- Some of the majors offered at the university are- Art Education, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Accounting, Finance, Management, Chemistry, Social Work, Economics, etc.
- Some of the minors offered at the university are- Art History, Biology, International Studies, Journalism, Sociology, French, German, etc.
- Some of the master’s offered at the university are- Applied Science in Industrial Life Science, MBA, Applied Science in Chemistry, Cyber security, Engineering Technology Management, etc.
Missouri Western State University Application Process
Admissions at Missouri Western State University are quite selective and merely meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. The key points mentioned below need to be considered for grabbing a seat here:
- Application Portal- Undergraduate Application portal
- Application Fee- 50 USD
- Documents to be submitted-
- Official secondary school transcripts
- English language proficiency proofs- TOEFL iBT - 72; IELTS- 5.5; PTE- 44
- Copy of passport
- Financial support documents
- Application Portal- GradCAS application portal
- Application Fee- 50 USD
- Documents to be submitted-
- Official secondary school and college transcripts
- English Language Proficiency proofs- TOEFL iBT - 79; IELTS- 6.0; PTE- 53
- Copy of Passport
- Financial proof or bank statement
Missouri Western State University Cost of Attendance
|Types of Expenses||Cost for UG Students (USD)||Cost for Graduate Students (USD)|
|Room and Meals||9,300 (UG)||11,000|
|Textbooks & Personal Expenses||2,200||2,200|
|one-time Orientation Fee||80||80|
Missouri Western State University Financial Aid
- Missouri Western State University offers three types of scholarships for International students- Global Griffon Guarantee Scholarship, International Griffon Scholar Award and Competitive Scholarships.
- The Global Griffon Guarantee Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship with an initial award ranging from 500 to 6,000 USD. A student must maintain a good academic record in order to avail this scholarship. The amount of awards increases as per the performance of the students.
- International Griffon Scholar Award is a scholarship for bright students who show good academic performance. Students seeking this scholarship will also be required to fill a separate IGSA application form.
- For availing competitive scholarships, students will have to complete their scholarship application before the deadline.
- Additionally, there are a number of scholarships available in the US exclusively for international students. These can be explored for availing maximum benefits.
Missouri Western State University Alumni
- The University provides various benefits to its Alumni. All the Alumni have to obtain an Alumni ID card to avail these benefits.
- Some of the Alumni benefits are- Alumni Fitness Membership, Collegiate License Plates, Missouri Western Magazine, Drury Inn Discount, etc.