California Institute of Integral Studies: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
California Institute of Integral Studies is a U.S. based University established in the year 1968 in San Francisco. The University promotes a variety of courses under a broad field of Integral studies. The students from this University learn different unique and new courses and by implying them in practical life, they can achieve heights with the same. The overall fee requirements of the University are lower than that of the other Universities in the same region.
CIIS offers several Undergraduate and Post-Graduate courses as well as Doctorate courses. The University is specialised for the training of students in integral studies. Admission at CIIS requires some test scores as well as other requirements for the admission and offers main courses like Humanities, Business, Psychology, Culture, etc and also carries out a special course on Human Sexuality in the entire West coast. Besides the normal traditional courses, the University offers several unique courses and help students imbibe the knowledge of these courses.
The University upgrades students and engages in delivering the integral courses to make them self-reliant in the future. As per Unirank, it is at 767th rank in the country i.e. in the United States.CIIS includes 8-10% of the International students approximately 115 students from 30 different countries around the world, making it a very diverse and safe place for students to pursue their education from the US.
|Cost of living||3,632 USD Per month|
|Number of Students||1,502|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Number of schools||4 Schools|
|Medium of instructions||English|
|Application fee||65 USD|
|Cost of Attendance||20,230 USD|
|Admission email@example.com; (415) 655-5577|
- The University has 4 schools:-
- American College of Traditional and Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) - The school offers professional and postgraduate degrees in acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
- School of Consciousness and Transformation – The school includes arts, humanities and social science subjects. The school offers courses like Anthropology and social change, East-West sexuality, etc.
- School of Professional Psychology and Health – The school engages in different counselling streams like Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, etc.
- School of Undergraduate studies – The school offers two basic courses i.e. Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Interdisciplinary Studies and Bachelor of Science (BS) in Psychology.
- The Zen Garden is known to be the campus’ speciality. The Garden is on the Sixth floor. It is a rooftop sanctuary open to all that includes live plants, a seating area, flowers and a rock garden too.
- The University does not provide for hostels and accommodations and the students who study in it live in nearby lodgings or are day-scholars.
- The students can find lodgings, hotels, hostels nearby the place or any apartments too.
- The University provides a Student Life tab for the students of CIIS on which the already existing students can post about the lodgings or the hostels and rentals nearby the University in San Francisco.
- CIIS offers several programs for the students in inter-disciplinary areas. It offers many undergraduate course completion programs, graduate programs, online distance learning programs, and four academic schools enriched in their own disciplines.
- The Undergraduate course completion programs offers: Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary studies and Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- The Graduate Programs include Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Anthropology and Social change, Asian Philosophies and culture, etc.
- Besides these courses, the CIIS also offers 7 online distance learning courses including courses.
- The University includes more than 3,000 teachers as a part of faculty for teaching different subjects and courses.
- A special course on Human Sexuality is the course only offered by the University in the entire West coast region.
CIIS Admission Process
- International students can apply for admission at CIIS online.
- The application fee is 65 USD.
- For almost all the courses, the students need to have:-
- A GPA of a minimum of 3.0 in the previous course that they have completed.
- SAT and ACT score also required for some courses.
- As the University’s medium is English, hence it requires certain test scores: TOEFL- 80, PTE- 53 and IELTS- 6.0.
- Documents Required:-
- Official Transcripts earned in the earlier years with at least 7 or credits.
- An autobiographical statement of 4-6 pages.
- A goal statement
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- An academic writing sample of 8-10 pages.
- The California Institute of Integral Studies’ overall six year as well as eight years graduation rate is 87%.
- Graduation dropout rate is only 15.8%.
- The University does not offer any diploma course.
- Degree Program enrolment of the University can be seen as:-
- Segregation according to the mode of teaching:-
|Courses||Percentage Of Enrolment|
|Online distance learning||24%|
Cost of Attendance
- The estimated total cost of Attendance including the direct and indirect costs is USD 65,002 including the tuition fee and the other expenses as of 2019.
- The amounts of the estimated total may vary from student to student depending upon the courses and the facilities they choose.
- According to the courses as per 2019 records:-
|Undergraduate courses||20,222 USD|
|Master courses||21,400 USD|
|Doctoral Degree||24,658 USD|
|Psy D Degree||32,734 USD|
- The graduation application fee is 100 USD.
- The University does not provide for the housing facility and so students have to accommodate themselves in California. The cost of Living of California at large is above the national average of the U.S. at 100. It is 149.9.
- Additional expenses for living in San Francisco:-
|Books and supplies||1,934 USD|
|Room and Board||23,954 USD|
Financial Aid for International Students
- The University provides scholarships to the students who wish to study in the US.
- The Scholarship ranges from USD 1,500 - USD 3,000 a year and is given for 2 years.
- The University provides for Undergraduate single parent scholarship too which provides scholarship to a single parent having a dependent child.
- The students can also accumulate funds from the jobs. CIIS employment is another source and students can work while studying.
- The students can also apply for grants from the University’s portal and contact for the same through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are 8,523 alums of the Institute spread over 46 different countries of the world.
- The alums of the institute receives several benefits like:-
- The alums have benefits to access the library too free of cost.
- They can also attend the workshops organized in the institute.
- They can avail discounts as given by the institute for hotels, workplaces, and other related activities prescribed too.
- Promotion codes, memberships, etc are also the perks they get.
- Some of the Notable Alumni are Angeles Arrien (Famous for her book “The Four-Fold way”), Will Hall (Mental Health advocate), Haridas Chaudhuri (Integral Philosopher- Indian), Angela Davis (Political activist), Douglas Vakoch (Astrobiologist), Joanna Rogers Macy (Environmental Activist), and many more.
- Companies like IBM, Google, Microsoft, etc hires students from this University.
- The average salary for a graduate from the University in the consecutive next year can range from 21,300 USD to 150,000 USD.
- For a job of PsyD Doctorate Degree, the Salary is 42,000 USD with benefits like Full-Time Equivalents (FTE).
- The popular field of study includes Humanities, Business, Psychology, etc and the students from these are hired by the companies.
- The University has shifted its teaching over the internet so that all the students can access through the virtual mode while sitting at home.
- It offers only a limited access in physical to the University.
- The CIIS programs, workshops and the events are taking place online only due to the pandemic.
- The CIIS introduces a CARES Act i.e. Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act for the students who have been impacted with the pandemic. This includes the funds for the University as well as the students.
- The University also provides for federal student loan repayment and gives relaxation to the international students.
- All the live lectures and classes are delivered via ZOOM application.
- The University also grants space, funds and relaxation on some part for students’ convenience after being affected by the pandemic.