The California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) is a private institution which is the first degree-granting institution for visual and performing arts in United States.
|UG Application Portal||Official Website|
|Annual Endowment||USD 175 million|
|Student Retention Rate||89%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||1,500|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||USD 72,030|
|Admission Helpdesk||800-545-2787 | email@example.com|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- CalArts offers more than 70 comprehensive degree programs in the visual and performing arts, media and literary arts through its 6 schools – Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music, and Theatre.
- The campus houses classes, galleries, studios, editing suites, library, sports facilities and residence. The institute has 2 residence halls – Chouinard Hall (undergraduates) and Ahmanson Hall (3rd and 4th year students).
California Institute of Arts Admission Process
Intake Seasons – Spring – November 1, Fall – January 7
- Transcripts, LOR
- English Proficiency Test Score –
- TOEFL – UG – 80 / PG - 100
- IELTS – UG – 6.5 / PG – 7.0
- Application Fee – USD 85
- Additional Requirements – Declaration of Finances
International students may apply at the official website of the institute.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
- 72% new students receive some form of financial aid from the institution.
- The average scholarship offered to the students is of USD 12,101.
California Institute of Arts Cost of Attendance
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fee||45,030|
|Books and Supplies||5,000|
|Room and Board||17,000|
The alumni of California Institute of Arts are benefitted in various ways as per the offerings by the college. Some of the benefits alumni can avail are – Free REDCAT membership, library privileges, lifelong CalArts e-mail and various discounts on varied services.