University of Pacific 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
University of the Pacific, established in July 1851 in Santa Clara.University of the Pacific is a private Methodist-affiliated university with campuses in Sacramento, San Francisco, and Stockton, California, USA.
University of the Pacific has elucidated and inaugurated what it means to deliver an extensive education ever since its founding. With more than 100 majors and minors to choose from, students are prepared to lead in their specific field of choice. Whether an aspirant's future interest lies in music, business, engineering, pharmacy, communications, sports management, law, computer science University of the Pacific offers you a program in all your desired fields.
Their campuses in Stockton, Sacramento, and San Francisco offer students the unique opportunities each city provides. With their wide assortment programs, at all across their four campuses ,students find great opportunities to connect to California and the country's ecosystem of industrial, technological, social, cultural, and economic growth.
The University of the Pacific is home to international students from all around the world. The university also offers a number of merit based scholarships to their international students who apply as either first-year students or transfer students. A GPA of 3.5 or above makes an international student automatically eligible for the scholarship.
The University of the Pacific plans to be back on campuses in January, as long as conditions allow them to safely do so. The final decisions about each campus will be supervised according to what the public health authorities allow in the counties of San Joaquin, Sacramento and San Francisco.
The University of the Pacific has created an interesting and sturdy timetable with more than 200 weekly signature events this fall semester as a way to explore a number of today’s most critical problems ranging from social justice, to the 2020 presidential election, COVID-19, culture, careers and more. Students, faculty, staff and the community can take part in this variety of activities, conversations and panel discussions each week which will be featuring world-renowned experts and leading Pacific faculty and alumni.
Services such as health, academic, library, career and technology services remain available remotely for the students.
Due to the pandemic, we are unable to offer on-campus tours and information sessions.
The Stockton Campus is still open to the public to walk around and students are encouraged to explore one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. While doing so, students are advised to follow these guidelines:
- Wear a face mask. All individuals are required to wear face masks on campus when they are with other people.
- Maintain social distance. Students are required to maintain a 6 feet distance between them.
|Year of Establishment||1851|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, grants|
|Number of campuses||4|
|Academic Calendar||Semester, Trimester|
|Application fees||35 USD|
|Estimated acceptance rate||66%|
|Type of institution||Private not for profit|
University of the Pacific Admission Deadline
The university has the following dates set to enable admission processes. Below mentioned are the admission deadlines for both undergraduate and graduate programs at University of the Pacific.
|Fall||March 1- June 21|
The deadline date differs for a variety of programs in undergraduate, postgraduate at the University of the Pacific. In such a scenario students must refer to the university's website and must be aware of any such changes.
University of the Pacific International Undergraduate Admissions
International students aiming to get admission at the University of the Pacific should satisfy the eligibility requirements as mentioned by the University and the government of America. As the acceptance rate of the University of the Pacific is estimated to be around 66% students must meet the requirements stated by the University. Documents like academic results , English test results should be submitted.
Every year a large number of international students apply for 100+ undergraduate programs to get admissions at the University of the Pacific.
Students who face any issues while filling up the application form may refer to the contact information available on the website. There are alot of agents who help in the process of completing the application, students may take help from them in any case of problems faced by them.
- Students must meet the eligibility criteria for their preferred courses.
- Students must meet the eligibility of basic English proficiency skills as mentioned by the University.
- Students must submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation.
- Students must submit certified copies of their academic transcript.
- Passport size photographs need to be submitted.
- Students have to give standardized tests, they may also submit the results of the same. For some programs students are required to give certain standardized exams, in such a case students are advised to refer to the university's website.
- An average GPA of 3.60 is also a must for students.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Complete an online application at the official website of the University - You can fill in your applications on the university website of Pacific.
- Academic Results- A copy of all your academic transcript including a copy of your degree and school transcripts.All of your academic performance is referred to as your Academic Standing at Griffith University.
- GPA scores- Students must have an average GPA of 3.5.
- Certified copy of standardized test results- Students need to attach a certified copy of any standardized tests that they give. For example, SAT, ACT, GRE. For some courses giving standardized tests such as MCAT is necessary, in such cases students are advised to check the official website.
- Statement of Purpose - All students must submit a statement of purpose. SOPs should include the following :-
- Why University of the Pacific?
- Why this program?
- What are your career goals?
- Your achievement and experience?
- Skills and knowledge.
- Letter of recommendation- Letter of recommendation from your teachers and professors. LORs must include:
- Relationship with the applicant.
- Performance of the applicant.
- Accomplishments of the applicant.
- Nature of association with the applicant.
- Copy of passport- A certified copy of your passport.
- Visa related documents - All visa related documents must be submitted.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)- CV mentioning the applicant’s accomplishments all over the years must also be mentioned and submitted.
The eligibility criteria may differ for a few courses. Students are advised to check the basis eligibility criteria for their preferred course on the university's official website.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from one of the following proficiency examinations.
Visa related information
Getting a hold of a student visa for the US is a must for any international student who aims to study at the University. Students have to get a hold of a visa from the U.S Embassy and Consulates in India. Students may refer to the following. There are a certain documents that student must be prepared beforehand with:-
- Enrollment proof.
- Visa fee application.
- Passport size photographs.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Health insurance policy.
- Financial ability evidence.
- Academic Results documents.
- Students should meet the minimum requirements required for the visa.
- Certified copy of English proficiency skills.
- Certified copies of Standardized Test Scores.
University Standardized Test Scores
Other than English proficiency tests some programs require learners to give certain standardized tests and acquire an average score for the same. A number of tests and their average score required are mentioned below:-
Graduate Admission at University of the Pacific
The university offers more 100+ programs for International Students from more than 100+ countries across it's 6 campuses. Some very well known programs where students take the most admissions are Masters of education, Master of Education (M.Ed) Organizational Learning and Effectiveness,Master of Arts (M.A) Education (Curriculum and Instruction Concentration).
The application fees a student must pay while applying to the university is 35 USD. Students may refer to the university's official website for the application process or may contact an agent for any help they require in the application process.
The GRE requirements vary from programs to programs and if needed, any application is not complete without the certified copy of the official results sent directly from the testing service. Students are advised to consult their desired programs requirements for the same.Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, students can take the GRE exams online. If the GRE online test is not available in anyone’s area, students are advised to contact the program of their interest directly to submit for a GRE score waiver, which is evaluated on a case-by-case base.
Requirements for post-graduate programs
- Certified copy of academic transcripts.
- English proficiency skills results.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose
- Students may also be asked to submit their Curriculum vitae (CV) for a few courses..
- If a student has given any standardized test, they may also submit the results of the same. For some programs students are required to give certain standardized exams, in such a case students are advised to refer to the university's website.
- Passport size photographs need to be submitted.
|Requirements||Master of Accounting||Master of Science in Biological Sciences||Master of Science in Computer Science||Master of Arts in Behavioural Psychology|
|Application Fees||35 USD||35 USD||35 USD||35 USD|
|Academic Requirement||Any Bachelor’s Degree||Any Bachelor’s Degree||Any Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology; or related field|
|English Proficiency Score||IELTS and TOEFL accepted||IELTS and TOEFL accepted||IELTS and TOEFL accepted||IELTS and TOEFL accepted|
|Standardized Tests||Not required||GRE accepted||Not required||Not required|
|Letter of Recommendation||Required; Two||Required; Three (one from a professor)||Required; Two||Required;Three|
|Statement of Purpose||Required||Required||Required||Required|
|Resume/CV||Required||Not required||Not required||Required|
|Work Experience||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
- Complete online application. Or you can also email the following documents to admissions@UOPInternational.org
- Completed application form
- Secondary school transcript and a certified English translation of your original transcript
- If you have graduated already, include a secondary school diploma and a certified English translation of your original diploma.
- Students who qualify will receive a conditional offer .
- The offer letter will outline conditions a student must complete before receiving a formal offer of admission.
- A few admission’s condition include, the following:
- A copy of your passport
- Proof of English-language ability
- I-20 request form
- Certificate of Finance form
- Financial evidence of the full amount listed on the certificate of finance as provided by the university
- Deposit (amount listed in your conditional offer)
- Once admitted, students receive a packet that includes all the necessary documents to apply for their visa.
- If you are a sponsored student, you can use your offer of admission to obtain your full financial guarantee from your sponsorship entity. As soon as a student submits the financial guarantee, they will receive their I-20.
- Apply for a visa by visiting the U.S Embassy and Consulates in India.
- Follow these steps on the before you leave to make sure you have everything ready before you reach on campus. For instance:
- Submit your flight details.
- Pay your tuition and fees.
- Complete University of the Pacific’s required forms.