University of Advancing Technology Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
The University of Advancing Technology enrolls about 508 undergraduate students every year. They have an acceptance rate of 85%. The popular majors in the university are Web page and Digital Design, Computer programming and Information Science. The university accepts admissions during fall, spring and summer. The University not only evaluates the GPA of the applicant but they also check how active the student is outside the school. They search for experience, awards, extracurricular activities, leadership qualities in technology research and development.
- The acceptance rate of the University of Advancing Technology is 83%
- During fall 2018 admissions, 836 students applied for undergraduate courses and 693 got admitted.
- Formal demonstration of competencies is recommended.
|Application portal||Online Application Portal|
|Application fees (for international students)||N/A|
|Average SAT score||N/A|
|Average ACT score||19 - 24|
|Mode of payment||Online|
|Intake season (for international students)||Spring/ Summer/ Fall|
|Work experience||Not necessarily required|
|Financial aid (for international students)||Scholarship|
University of Advancing Technology Admission Deadlines
The admission in all the undergraduate and graduate courses at the University of Advancing Technology are on a rolling basis. The earlier the applicant applies for it, the earlier they get admission results. It takes about 2 weeks for the university to notify about the selection.
University of Advancing Technology International Admissions
The international students are warmly welcomed by the university. But even from the international students, they expect to find extraordinary talents. The admission requirements are slightly different than the domestic students and they are:
- Applicant must submit a certified translation of the high school and bachelor degree transcripts.
- Transcripts should be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators or any other agency.
- Applicants should submit the SAT/ ACT scores.
- Applicants must submit proof of English Language proficiency.
- Health insurance is also mandatory.
University of Advancing Technology English proficiency
Students can demonstrate English Proficiency with the scores of standardized tests like TOEFL/ IELTS/ TOEIC. If the students don’t have these scores then they can attend a regionally accredited US college or university and complete English 101 with a grade of C or better. And another option is the successful completion of Level 112 from the ELS center. The minimum scores for the standardized tests are:
|Test Type||Minimum Scores Required|
|TOEFL (Computer-based test)||213|
|TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication)||760|
|ELS Center||Level 112|
|English 101 from regionally accredited US college or university||Grade C|
Visa Process for International Students
Applicants will have to apply for an F class student visa from the US embassy in their country. They are required to arrange all the documents and apply for an appointment for a U.S student visa interview through the VFS website.
Documents required for visa interview:-
- A valid passport and previously issued passports
- 2 or 3 recent passport size photograph.
- DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
- Visa application fee receipts
- VFS appointment letter
- SEVIS receipt and I-120 (This will be issued from the university, once your Confidential Statement of Financial Support Form is received by the office of admission.)
University of Advancing Technology Undergraduate Admissions
There are various undergraduate courses at the university and below is the list of requirements for enrolling in an undergraduate course.
Where to apply: Online Application Portal
Application fees: N/A
- Apply for the online application.
- The students should possess exceptional qualities not only in academic achievements but also in leadership experience, extracurricular activities, awards/ honors, technology involvement, experience, career achievements, and aspirations.
- Applicants should have a high school diploma from an accredited institution or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- The applicants should submit the High school transcripts and the certified English translation of the same.
- SAT/ ACT scores should be submitted.
- The international students should submit the English Language proficiency test scores of TOEFL/ IELTS.
- An essay of 500 words is expected. This should include goals and interests and the reason behind applying for UAT.
University of Advancing Technology Graduate Admissions
The selection for the various program is holistic.
Where to apply: Online Application Portal
Application fees: N/A
- Apply for the online application
- The applicant should have a bachelor's degree.with at least 6 semesters.
- The official undergraduate transcripts should be submitted along with the certified English translation of the same.
- The credential evaluation of the official transcripts should be done by Educational Credential Evaluators or any other agency. This is important to determine whether the credentials are equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree.
- English language proficiency should be demonstrated through TOEFL/ IELTS/ TOEIC.
- Write an essay of 500 - 1000 words. The essay should demonstrate the career aspirations, project/ research interests, educational goals, and the interest of applying for the university and the particular course.
- Resume (The resume should contain the academic details, skills and technological training and life experiences)
- Experience is a plus point for selection
- The applicants should have proficiency in subjects like mathematics, science, technology, art, computer science, and programming.
|Course||Admission deadline||Academic Requirements|
|Master degree in Advancing Computer Science||Rolling||Undergraduate GPA - 3.1, Academic resume (should have details about skills, training and life experiences), Essay of a minimum of 500 words. Proficiency in science, computer science, mathematics, technology, and programming. The student should have a passion to lead software exploration and development.|
|Masters in Game Production and Management||Rolling||Minimum GPA of 3.1, Academic resume (containing details of skills, training and life experiences), Essay (minimum 500 words), Should have proficiency in mathematics, technology, art, science, programming and computer science. Should have a passion to build and lead the business and production. Should be a conceptual and creative thinker.|
|Master degree in Information Assurance||Rolling||Minimum GPA of 3.1, Academic resume (containing details of skills, training and life experiences), Essay; Possess proficiency in mathematics, technology, programming, and computer science.|
|Masters in Technology leadership||Rolling||Minimum GPA requirements of 3.1; Academic resume (containing details of skills, training and life experiences), Essay; proficiency in mathematics, technology, and computer science.|
The admission process is not just merit-based. The university searches for exceptional students who are passionate about technology. So along with the GPA, SAT, and ACT, the essay of a minimum 500 words take an important part in the selection process. The resume should feature the extracurricular activities, technological skills, and interests. So the sooner you apply the better it is.