University of Tulsa 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
The University of Tulsa is located in Oklahoma, USA. The university was established in 1894. It consists of a total of 8,526 students; both male and female students applied for the University of Tulsa admissions in the 2019 fall intake. Out of this number, 41% was offered a place. Prospective students should, therefore, ensure they meet all entry requirements, carefully fill the admissions form, and submit all necessary documents to be part of this limited number.
The most popular programs offered by University of Tulsa include; Accounting, Business Administration, Mechanical, Computer, Petroleum Engineering, Nursing, and Computer Science and many others. These programs are taken at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- University of Tulsa opens applications for Fall, Spring and Summer sessions on a rolling admission system.
- The deadline for application for graduate applicants interested in graduate assistantships was February 1, while that of graduate applicants interested in scholarships and fellowships was January 15.
University of Tulsa is highly selective with its applicants having an acceptance rate of only 35.8%.
Candidates applying at this highly selective university are expected to have a high GPA of 3.75 or more and SAT/ACT scores ranging between 1100-1390/24-31 respectively.
The university demands competence, intelligence and innovative enthusiasm along with exceptional academic records.
- International Leadership Scholarships ranges from 2,000-22,000 USD per year and all international undergraduate applicants are eligible for this merit-based scholarship.
- Due to these prevailing conditions, all university events are canceled and travel restrictions are in place. TU is implementing a three-phase plan to reopen campus based on public health recommendations and executed with the utmost concern for the wellbeing of our students, employees, and visitors.
|Application Portal||Online Portal|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||None for undergraduate applicants 55 USD for graduate applicants|
|Average SAT Score||431-659 verbal score|
|Average ACT Score||19|
|English proficient test accepted||TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo|
|Mode of Payment||Visa/Master-Card|
|Work Experience||For some graduate programs only|
|Financial Aid||Grants, Scholarship, Fellowships, Loans|
University of Tulsa Admission Deadlines
For the University of Tulsa Admissions to consider applications, prospective students are required to submit applications before deadlines. Late applications are not accepted by the university. The deadline for the fall enrollment season is as follows:
|Application Fee waiver deadline||November 15|
|Application Priority Deadline||November 15|
|Priority Scholarship Application Deadline||January 15|
|National Decision Deadline||May 1|
University of Tulsa International Students Admissions
International applicants are accepted by the university provided that they have met the University of Tulsa admissions eligibility requirements, provided official academic documents, met get deadlines, and proven financial support for 1 academic year duration.
Application Portal: University’s official website or common application
Application Fee: UG: None,
Graduate: 55 USD
The requirements listed below must be satisfied with international applicants. Meeting these requirements authenticates applicants’ eligibility for the University of Tulsa Admissions.
- A completed online application form
- Scores of equired standardized exams for US, which must be submitted directly to the University of Tulsa from the testing organization.
- Official high school and college/university transcripts. The University of Tulsa considers transcript to be official if they are original or attested and sent directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope.
- Applicants still attending high school are required to submit their high school marks/transcripts to the University of Tulsa during their final/senior year of school. Final transcripts and certificates showing completion of high school will be required to be submitted at graduation.
- For transcripts not written in English, an official and certified translation would be required
- Letters of recommendation to study in US
- Copy of applicants’ passport
- Confirmation of Financial Resources
- An International address required to issue an I-2
- A personal essay, describing background, interests and talents and how these relate to applicants’ educational purpose and career goals
Official documents should be mailed to:
University of Tulsa Office of Admission,
800 South Tucker Drive,
Or documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
To demonstrate English Proficiency, the University of Tulsa admissions require that international applicants submit any of the following test scores. The following are the minimum required scores
Visa Process for International Students
A student viss for US will be required by international applicants. A form called I-20 would be issued by the University of Tulsa, to candidates who have received an offer and paid an enrollment deposit of 200 USD. The I-20 form is one of the documents needed to obtain a student visa. Others include;
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months beyond your period of stay in the United States.
- SEVIS I-901 fee payment. This fee may vary depending on some factors. Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), is the United States automated system for information collection about students or exchange visitors from the period they enter the period they leave the United States.
- Health Insurance or Verification Form
- Current bank statement/Sponsor letter
- Applicants home address
University of Tulsa Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Tulsa has 5 Colleges in which students can offer courses of their choice. They are Henry Kendall College of Arts and Sciences, Collins College of Business, College of Engineering and Natural Science, and Oxley College of Health Sciences. The following is the information related to admission to undergraduate students.
Application Portal: University’s official website or common application
Application Fee: None,
The documents listed below are needed by University of Tulsa Admissions.
- English Proficiency test scores
- SAT or ACT Tests Scores
These scores should be sent directly from the testing agency using the ETS (TOEFL/SAT) institution code: 6883 or the ACT institution code: 3444
However, due to lack of available testing during the COVID-19 Pandemic, undergraduate applicants for the spring and fall 2021 entry terms are not required to submit an ACT/SAT for admission.
- Official High School Transcripts
- Essay and/or SOP for US
- Teacher or Counselor recommendation letters
University of Tulsa Graduate Admissions
The University of Tulsa has 5 Colleges in which students can offer courses of their choice.
The minimum CGPA for these courses is 3.0. The application fee for all courses is 55 USD.
|MSc in English Language and Literature||MSc in Petroleum Engineering||MBA||MSc in Applied Mathematics|
|Application Fee (USD)||55||55 USD||55 USD||55 USD||55 USD|
|GMAT/GRE||GMAT required||GRE required||GRE required||GMAT required||GRE required|
|Work Experience||Not required||Not required||Not Required||Not required||Not required|
Academic Writing Sample also required
|Professional CV/resume||Required||Not Required||Required||Required||Not Required|
|Recommendations||Required (2 letters)||Required (2 letters)||Required(2 letters)||Required (2 letters)||Required (2 letters)|
|Admission Interview||By invitation||By invitation||By invitation||By invitation||By invitation|
Official documents can be emailed to email@example.com or can be sent by post to:
The University of Tulsa Graduate School
800 South Tucker Drive
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104
All international applicants would do well to take English proficiency tests as they are required in the admissions process. Prospective graduate students are advised to maintain a high CGPA in their undergraduate degree as it is required for graduate admissions. Applications are processed between 6-8 weeks of application. During application, prospective students would have to create an account. Upload of unofficial supporting documents and further correspondence would be via this account.
Ques. Is the University of Tulsa a public or private school?
Ans. It is a private institution
Ques. Why do people call the University of Tulsa the Golden Hurricanes?
Ans. This name was got in 1922 just after the team went for a game against Texas A and M, the squad was then asked to vote on the name “golden hurricane” because of the color of their new jerseys.
Ques. Is Tulsa nice to live in?
Ans. Tulsa is located in Tulsa County, a suburban region. It’s a wonderful place to live in Oklahoma.
Ques. What makes the University of Tulsa popular?
Ans. The University of Tulsa provides education of very high quality in Humanities, Arts, Engineering and Sciences
Ques. How many students are at the University of Tulsa?
Ans. There are about 4,365 students in which about 3,267 are undergraduate students
Ques. How is Engineering like at Tulsa?
Ans. The University of Tulsa has the College of Engineering and Natural Science in which Petroleum, Computer, and Mechanical Engineering programs are taken.
Ques. Are SAT/ACT scores required to get admission at University of Tulsa?
Ans. Due to the current pandemic situation, University of Tulsa has made SAT/ACT test scores as optional for candidates applying for admission.
Ques. How much GPA is expected from candidates applying at University of Tulsa?
Ans. Candidates applying for admission at University of Tulsa must maintain an average cumulative GPA of 3.79 throughout their academic year.
Ques. What are the English Proficiency requirements at University of Tulsa?
Ans. International applicants are required to submit English proficiency test scores which includes either of TOEFL iBT (70- above), IELTS (6.5- above), Cambridge English Test (48- above), DET (48- above).
Ques. What is the application fee at University of Tulsa?
Ans. University of Tulsa does not grant any application form fee from its applying candidates.
Ques. Is University of Tulsa expensive?
Ans. The average tuition fee of an undergraduate course at University of Tulsa is $43,438 which is worth considering that the university holds high education reputation and is also a private university.
Ques. What are the popular major/program choices among candidates at University of Tulsa?
Ans. Popular preferences among candidates at University of Tulsa ranges from programs related to Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing, Visual and Performing Arts and Sciences.
Ques. Is it hard to get into University of Tulsa?
Ans. Having an acceptance rate of 36%, University of Tulsa is very selective and demands exceptional academic record along with an outstanding GPA and a very active curricular profile from its candidates.