Brandeis University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Admissions at Brandeis University are accepted during summer and fall sessions. Students aiming for UG can apply through the Common Application. Students aiming for PG can apply through a Graduate application portal. For international students, the chances to get accepted are good as 21% of the admitted students are multi-national.
- Brandeis University comes under the most selective universities according to US News and Report.
- The university gives huge importance to the performance in high school and the courses chosen. Applicant must choose challenging courses to improve their chances of admission.
- Students must make an effort toward scoring a GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- If an applicant ranks among the top 10, the chances of admission increase for Brandeis University.
|Application Portal||Common Application|
|Application Fee||UG: 80 USD|
PG: 75 USD
|Mode of Payment||MasterCard, VISA, or Discover|
|SAT Score Range||1280-1500|
|ACT Score Range||29-33|
|International application deadline||January 1|
|Academic calendar||Fall and Spring|
|Interview required||In the case of Graduate courses|
|Financial Aid||Available for Domestic students|
Brandeis University Admission Deadlines
The application deadlines for undergraduate and graduate programs are :
|Early application||November 1|
|Regular application||January 1|
Brandeis University Admission Requirements for International Students
How to apply for an Undergraduate at the Brandeis University as an international student
- International applicants need to include a personal statement or essay during applying.
- Official transcripts are also required during admissions. Transcripts must include official grades from ninth through eleventh grades
- International applicants must submit either SAT or ACT test results.
- They also need to submit English proficiency.
- Two letters of recommendations are also needed.
- If an applicant is applying for financial aid, they must fill the CSS profile including all the supporting financial documents and demonstrating the funds to support education for the first year.
- Brandeis University also offers a gateway program for students who are excellent in English. This requires coming early for the Gateway English course after which, the applicant need not submit their English proficiency scores.
Language Requirements for International Students
|English proficiency tests||Minimum Score (UG)||Minimum Score(PG)|
|IELTS||6.5 or above||7.0|
SAT/ACT requirement for international students
- 1280 or above on the SAT Evidenced Based Reading & Writing section
- 23 or above on the ACT English section
How to apply for Undergraduate Programs at Brandeis University
- Official copies of all high school transcripts are to be submitted to the Admissions office. This includes grades from 9th standard till 11th standard.
- For domestic students, there is a no test policy so it is not mandatory for them to submit SAT/ACT scores.
- If the student opted for an additional course during high school, they must also declare that with the official transcript.
- One must also deposit a letter of recommendation from a teacher who has taught core academic courses.
- Applicant must have studied at least four years of English, three years of mathematics, three years of lab sciences, three years of social sciences and two to three years of a foreign language.
- If a student is applying early, they have to submit an early agreement form.
How to Apply for a Graduate Program at the Brandeis University
- Transcripts must be uploaded online to your application and not to the admissions office.
- Two letters of recommendation must also be submitted online.
- Transcripts from all universities and colleges attended must be uploaded to your application; do not mail official transcripts to our office.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically.
- An updated Resume.
- A statement of purpose.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- For international applicants, English proficiency test scores are required.
Popular courses at the Brandeis University
|Course||Application Portal||Application Deadline||Application Fee||Academic Requirements|
|M.S. in Computer Science||Application Portal||April 1||75 USD||Must be an Undergraduate with a CS background|
Transcripts from UG
Two statements of Purpose
|M.A. in Mathematics||Application Portal||May 1||75 USD||Transcripts from UG|
Two statements of Purpose Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or GMAT
|M.S. in Biochemistry and BioPhysics||Application Portal||May 1||75 USD||Transcripts from UG|
Two statements of Purpose
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE
|M.S. in Computational Linguistics||Application Portal||-||-||Undergraduate must be in Computer Science, Linguistics, Mathematics|
One letter of recommendation
Brandeis University has tough competition and review process. The office of admissions tests an applicant on the basis of how much they have challenged themselves. The university gives no minimum GPA but more than three fourth of students are among the toppers of their high school. Not only the marks but Brandeis also look forward to all-rounder students with engaging personalities and personal achievements. Letter of recommendations also plays a huge role in the selection process.