University of Akron is located in Akron, Ohio, United States. The College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering here is the world’s largest polymer academic program and has greatest group of polymer expertise.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The University of Akron offers more than 200 undergraduate and 100 graduate programs. The popular majors of the university are - Business/Commerce, General; Marketing, Other; Education, General; Speech Communication and Rhetoric; Engineering, General.
- The university is located on 222 acres of land with 3 branch campuses - UA Lakewood, in the Cleveland suburb of Lakewood, Ohio; Wayne College in Orrville, Ohio; the Medina County University Center, in Lafayette Township, Ohio.
- There are 10 award – winning residence halls divided into 4 quads of the campus. The residence halls are an ideal place to accommodate more than 2,500 students.
University of Akron Admission Process
|Pre-Requisites||Official transcripts, LOR|
|Test Scores||SAT/ACT score, GRE/GMAT score|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS score|
|Application Fee||Undergraduate – 50 USD, Graduate – 70 USD|
|Additional Requirements||Personal Statement|
|Intake Seasons – Fall 2019||Undergraduate - May 1, Graduate – July 15|
How to Apply - Applicants may submit their online application forms at the official website of the university.
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and Fees||15,500 USD|
|Room and Board||12,296 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,000 USD|
|Personal Expenses||1,520 USD|
The students are provided financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Around 62% of new students receive financial aid of about 5,860 USD per person from the university.
- Around 30% of new students receive federal grant of about 4,400 USD each.
There are around 154,327 living alumni around the globe. The alumni are benefitted with various services such as Akron magazine subscription, online shopping discounts, scholarships to off-springs and alumni membership.