Trine University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Trine University is a public institute which was founded in 1884 as Tri-State Normal College in Angola, Indiana. The institute offers some of the unparalleled programs at undergraduate and graduate level that provide hands-on experience with real-world projects. Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, it is one of the highly renowned institutes in the US Education System.
With a student to faculty ratio of 15:1, the organization aims to offer personalized teaching experience to each of its students. Having a total enrollment of 4,320 students in the academic year 2018-19, the institute is a site of vibrant cultures and ethnicities with students from all over the world.
Trine University provides admissions in the 3 seasonal intakes of fall, spring and summer. The institute is a lightly selective organization which is reflected in its high acceptance rate of nearly 73%. This makes the university highly approachable for all the deserving candidates with decent academic and overall profiles, hence, making it a preferred organization for international students looking to study in the USA.
- In the latest ranking by US news and World reports, the university ranked #46 in Regional Universities Midwest.
- In Best Value Schools, the institute was honored at 30th position by US news and World reports.
- The university’s Allen School of Engineering & Technology was ranked 88th out of 198 colleges in the USA, 2020.
|Type of institution||Private|
|Student to faculty ratio||15:1|
|Financial aid||Scholarship,grants and loans|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
The university offers an array of courses for international students which includes more than 50 undergraduate and a plethora of graduate courses in the ranging fields of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education,Engineering and Computing, among others.
The organization also provides various associate's degrees, bachelor's degrees, master's degrees and a doctorate in 36 major fields of study. With a student-faculty ratio of 15:1, the institute ensures individual emphasis on each candidate and thus guarantees quality and enriching atmosphere of learning.
Some of the popular courses available at the institute are as follows:
- Master of Science in Information Studies
- Master of Science in Engineering Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry
Campus and Housing Facilities
The main campus of Trine University covers about 450 acres in Angola, Indiana. The institute also has some satellite campuses located in Fort Wayne in Indiana, as well as Detroit, Michigan.
The main campus consists of Zollner Golf Course, athletic stadium, tennis center, Fabiani Theatre,Bowling Alley, housing facilities, academic buildings, administration building, among others. The university campus is a favourable site for all the athletes at heart and currently caters to some 600 student-athletes who participate in 32 diverse sports like hockey, golf, etc. for both men and women.
Students of the university are required to live on campus. Only a few students get exemption and are allowed to live off campus. Candidates must have the written approval from the Dean of Students prior to moving off campus. Students living on campus must pay a 150 USD housing deposit. Following are housing facilities available for candidates:
- Reiners Residence Hall and Stadium Hall: it has Largest rooms for students with private bath and air conditioning and also consists of open space and kitchen for students
- Golf Course Apartments: it Consists of three apartments with Suite style rooms. It has a common living area and semi-private baths with a common lounge area. It also consist of Laundry on each floor
- Villas : Campus Village houses 112 upper-class students which has townhouse-style villas with Private bedrooms with Internet access in each room. It has semi-private baths, living rooms with a color TV and DVD player, and a full kitchen area.
- Traditional Halls: It has 6 traditional halls with gender specific except Platt Hall which is co-ed. Each hall is equipped with internet access and all halls have laundry facilities, a shared kitchen and student lounge.
Trine University Admission Process
International students who want to seek admissions at the Trine University for the various graduate and undergraduate programs can go through the below-mentioned details before applying to the university.
How to Apply
Application Portal: Students need to apply via the international application or can apply via common application.
Application Fee: Application doesn't require any fee
Application requirements:- for applying in Undergraduate programs following document are required
- All Academic transcripts
- Financial guarantee
- Copy of passport
- English Test Score. Any one of the below mentioned test scores or equivalent can be submitted as the valid language proficiency proof.
|Type of Test||Undergraduate||Graduate|
|TOEFL-ibt||71 or higher||79 or higher|
|IELTS||6.0 or higher||6.5 or higher but minimum 6.0|
|PTE||50 or higher||58 or higher|
- Statement of purpose explaining reason to pursue degree
- GRE/GMAT score are recommended
- SAT or ACT score are recommended
- SAT code 1811
- ACT code 1250
For any queries regarding admission students can Contact to their International Admission Counselor.
Deadlines for various courses might vary as per their level and type of program. However, some general application deadlines are tabulated as below:
|Season of Intake||Application Deadline for undergraduate||Application Deadline for graduate|
|Fall||October 7||October 7|
|Spring||December 13; February 24||December 13; February 24|
|Summer||April 27||May 18|
Trine University Cost of Attendance
It is always advisable to preplan your list of expenses required before applying for a university abroad away from home. An estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US by enrolling at the institute is as given below.
Undergraduate tuition and fees of 2020-2021 Academic Year
Tuition and Fees are charged according to selected major's of the students. It is divided into three categories.
|Type of Fee||Non - Engineering Majors||Science Majors||Engineering Majors|
|Tuition||32,990 USD||32,990 USD||35,990 USD|
|Engineering / Science fee||-||330 USD||330 USD|
Graduate tuition and fees for academic semester 2020-2021 is based on 665 USD per credit hour.
|Fee||6-Credits per semester||9-Credits per semester|
|Tuition||3,990 USD||5,985 USD|
Cost of living
Other expenses apart from tuition fee that must be noted while seeking admissions at the institute are as tabulated below.
|Type of Expenditure||Cost (in USD, per year)|
|Books and Supplies||1,600|
|Housing & Meal Plan||11,380|
|Student Fee + Parking Permit Fee||1,875 + 120|
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The institute offers financial aid in the form of scholarships for international students to study in the USA. Almost 98% of students at the university receive some kind of financial support. Some of the studentships available for the aspirants are as mentioned below.
- Award worth 16,000 USD per year
- GPA of 3.9 or higher is required
- ACT scores of 27 or higher and SAT score of 1320 or higher is recommended
- Award worth 13,000 USD per year
- GPA of 3.5 or higher is required
- ACT score of 23 or higher and SAT score of 1120 or higher is recommended
- Award worth 8,000 USD per year
- GPA of 2.85 or higher is required
- ACT score of 20 or higher and SAT score of 1040 or higher is recommended
All merit scholarships are renewable depending on academic performance. A student may receive one scholarship at a time.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.trine.edu/admission-aid/undergraduate-admission.aspx
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I read about Trine University online. I saw an article during my online search for some good colleges. I choose it because of its proper student-faculty ratio. I applied to Trine only because I liked the vibes of this college. I had to submit a form online and there was no charge for submitting the form.
Course Curriculum :
Many things were planned for us. Like extra subjects to help us get more job options. Or seminars that were conducted for us to keep us focused. Many guest lectures and interesting activities were also involved in my curriculum.
This is a public university so has a reasonable and affordable fee structure and provides good quality which is one of the reasons why I joined the college. I found about the college on the internet while going through reviews of many other colleges. There was no application fee for the online application.
Course Curriculum :
The course is a combination of computer science along with network communication. It covers all the essential details about computer science like programming languages, mainly python, java and C. Also data structure and algorithms are very important in the curriculum as well.
When I applied to university, Trine University was not on my initial list of colleges. After reviewing the promotional materials the Trine University filled my mailbox with its brochure, I decided to apply and interview on campus. My admissions counselor told me I'd be a good fit and that I would receive an appealing financial package. After that, I joined the university.
Course Curriculum :
The Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering is designed to deliver a practical hands-on, rigorous learning experience that has consistently yielded national award-winning, sought-after graduates. The program offers subjects like Plant Management, Polymer Engineering, Pharmaceutical Processes, Energy Engineering, and various undergraduate research projects.
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary