Formed in 1988 with the coming together of Clark College and Atlanta University, Clark Atlanta University is a historically black, private university in Atlanta, Georgia. The university operates through its four schools and offers a variety of programs. The total full-time faculty is 181, 92% of whom have terminal degrees in their specific field.
The student-faculty ratio is 19:1. The total enrollment for fall 2019 is 3920 of which 3318 are undergraduate and 602 graduate students. Clark Atlanta university offers admissions in around 40 fields of study, including graduation courses in education and business, to a student body which is racially diverse. The students can run for student government, or join the more than 60 campus clubs, including many sororities and fraternities.
Ranked between #293-381 amongst the national universities according to US News Rankings 2020.
Clark Atlanta University comes 208th in the list of Most Liberal Colleges of America according to NICHE 2020 Rankings,
Ranked 310th in the list of Best College Locations in America according to NICHE 2020.
Ranked 550th in the list of Colleges with the Best Student Life in America according to NICHE 2020 Rankings.
Clark Atlanta University is ranked >600th in the US Rankings 2020 by Times Higher Education (THE).
Spread over 126 acres, the main campus of Clark Atlanta University has 37 buildings in total, including an art museum. The university houses a total of 80 student organisations.
The total enrollment in Clark Atlanta University is 3,911, with the undergraduate enrollment being 3,325 and the rest graduate enrollment. Of the students seeking degrees, 75% are women, the remaining 25% males.
61% of the students live in college owned/operated/affiliated housing, while the remaining 39% remain off-campus.
Students with earned credit hours fewer than 58 are required to stay on campus, to ensure that everyone receives a strong foundation. For first-time freshmen females, residency means residing in Holmes Hall, Merner Hall, Pfeiffer Hall.
For freshmen males, residency means residing in Beckwith Hall. For students who are not first-time freshmen, but have completed less than 58 earned credit hours, residency is defined as residing in CAU Suites, or Brawley Hall.
Plus, living-learning communities are formed, in which students with similar academic interests reside together and participate in academic-major based programs that support their academic, social, and personal growth and development.
Clark Atlanta University offers programs in 40 major areas of study, from Industrial Chemistry to Criminal Justice, to Computer Science, to Religion, to African Women's studies. There are four schools, depending on the degrees taught there: School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Education, School of Social Work, and Graduate Studies.
The top three most popular disciplines are radio, television, and digital communication, business administration and management, and psychology. The MBA degree is quite popular. In fact, the School of Business Administration has produced the nation’s largest number of African-American MBAs.
International students constitute about 8.8% of the student population. Students who want to seek admissions at Clark Atlanta University can follow the below-mentioned application details:
How to Apply: For Undergraduate Admissions apply via the Common app or via the University’s Online Portal. For graduate admissions students can apply via the specific course page.
Application Fee: Non-refundable fee of 55 USD is to be paid along with the application.
Basic Admission Requirements:
The estimated cost of attendance for international undergraduate and graduate courses is mentioned-below:
|Tuition (12-18 hours)||20,888||914 per credit hour|
|Student Centre Fee||216||108 per semester|
|Technology Fee||228||114 per semester|
|Library Fee||700||350 per semester|
|Sustainability Fee||10||5 per semester|
|Health Centre Fee||52||125 per semester|
|Athletic Fee||150||75 per semester|
|Student Activity Fee||150||100 per semester|
The university does not offer any scholarships for international students. Only students who can apply for FAFSA can avail the scholarships. Below are some of the scholarships the university offers:
|Institution Type||Private (Not for Profit)|
|Average Cost of Attendance||$20,680 / Year|
|Student : Faculty Ratio||2 : 1|
|Clark Atlanta University Enrollment||4263|
|Average Graduation Rate||37.6%|
The table shows average yearly cost of attendance for international students. Amount may vary with the course opted, nature of accommodation, and personal spending habits of a candidate. Check Program wise Fees
|Undergraduate Programs||$20,680 / Year|
|Post Graduate Program||$28,386 / Year|
|On Campus Accomodation|
|Books & Supplies||$1,500 / Year|
|On campus, Room & Board||$10,878 / Year|
|On Campus, Other Expenses||$3,112 / Year|
|Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Total Faculty||Full Time||Part time||Graduate Assistants|
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary