Augusta University (AU) is located in Augusta, Georgia, United States. It is a part of the University System of Georgia. AU is a state’s flagship public medical school and only dental school making it a preferred choice of students.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- It offers 978 bachelors, 406 masters and 119 doctorate degrees. Apart from that, specialist, first professional and certificate are other programs offered by AU. Popular majors of the university are - Psychology, General; Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse; Marketing/Marketing Management, General; and Speech Communication and Rhetoric; Kinesiology and Exercise Science.
- The campus has 200 acres of land and 4 local campuses. These campuses are made between Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University.
- The housing plan has a capacity to accommodate 1,200 students. AU offers 2 buildings – Oak Hill and Elm Hall in downtown, Augusta for first year and graduate students. The university also offers a stay at apartments known as University Village.
Augusta University Admission Process
|Pre-Requisites||Official transcripts, LOR|
|Test Scores||SAT/ACT score, GRE/GMAT score|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL score|
|Application Fee||Undergraduate – 55 USD, Graduate – 50 USD|
|Additional Requirements||Resume, Personal Statement|
|Intake Seasons – Fall 2019||Undergraduate - July 1, Graduate - Variable|
How to Apply – Applicants may submit their online application forms at the official website of the university.
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and Fees||23,130 USD|
|Room and Board||13,320 USD|
|Books and Supplies||2,000 USD|
|Personal Expenses||2,800 USD|
The students are provided financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Around 7% of new students receive financial aid of about 5,083 USD per person from the university.
- Around 40% of new students receive federal grant of about 4,688 USD each.
There are around 58,000 alumni around the globe. The alumni are benefitted with various services such as library services, discounts on AU events, discounted alumni merchandise, and insurance.