Aurora University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Aurora University was founded in 1893 in Aurora, Illinois. The university has 4 campuses. The main campus is in Illinois while others include Orchard Center, George Williams College, and Woodstock Center. The university is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to award bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees while programs are individually accredited by specific agencies. It is a non-profit, private university that houses 6,246 students at the Illinois and Wisconsin campus. A year at the University is divided into 2 semesters - Fall and Spring. The University is lightly selective with an acceptance rate of 87%.
Aurora University Rankings
- According to the US News and World Report 2020, Aurora University is ranked at:
- #293 to #381 in National Universities
- #176 in Top Performers on Social Mobility Index
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings has placed the University in 600-800th position in U.S. College Rankings 2020.
|No. of Campuses||4|
|Campus Accommodation Capacity||700 students|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, part-time, online|
|Level of Study||Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, Certificate|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Average class size||25|
|No. of Schools||5|
|Financial Aid||Scholarship, part-time employment|
Aurora University Campus
- Aurora University has a 37-acre lush campus in Illinois and a 137.5 acre George Williams College on Geneva Lake in Williams Bay, Wisconsin.
- The University is less than an hour away from Chicago.
- The campus comprises several facilities like the Spartan Book Shop, Academic Support Center, and Disability Resource Center.
- The university also provides for top class health services as the in house nursing section takes care of it. The college also provides professional counselors to help the students deal with emotional and mental breakdowns.
- Students at the University have an active life as they can participate in more than 60 organizations and clubs run by students across fields like musical, literary, religious, social and service organizations, and play active roles in campus governance.
- The university also has 24 NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletic teams and 22 intramural sports.
- 100+ free concerts, lectures, comedy shows, films, and hours of recreation opportunities are planned each yearon campus.
Aurora University Residence
- Housing space on the campus is limited and is allotted on a priority basis for first-time freshman students.
- Aurora University has 6 residence halls which can accommodate a total of 700 students.
- The 6 halls are - Centennial Hall, Davis Hall, Jenks Hall, Memorial Hall, Watkins Hall, and Wilkinson Hall.
- The halls are majorly co-ed and have 24-hour security; the card access system ensures safety as residents can use their student IDs to gain access to the residence hall.
- Rooms are fully furnished with a bed, desk, chair, dresser, and wardrobe. Students also receive high-speed internet 24 hours and a phone line.
- Halls are also equipped with fitness rooms, laundry areas, common areas, vending machines, and elevators.
Aurora University Courses
- The University offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, certificates, and endorsements.
- Academic programs at Aurora University are offered through the 5 schools - School of Arts and Sciences, Dunham School of Business and Public Policy,School of Education and Human Performance, School of Nursing, and School of Social Work.
- The university offers 50+ majors and minors to the students.
- 70% of students during their course go for internships, study abroad research, and service projects.
- Some popular courses include Business Administration, Accounting, Communication, Finance, and Nursing.
- The University also gives the opportunity of plus one graduate program which allows students to complete a master’s degree in one year.
Aurora University Application Process
Aurora University accepts applications for the fall and spring semesters. International students who do not hold U.S. permanent visas will have to fulfill additional admission requirements and also apply for a student visa to study in the U.S.
How to Apply?
The process and requirements for admission to Aurora University have been discussed below:
Application portal: Online Application
Application fee: No application fee
Application Deadlines: Fall semester (August-December): June 1 and Spring semester (January – May): October 1
Admission Requirements: The following requirements must be fulfilled at the time of admission:
- Certified copies of official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admission. If they are not in English they must be sent with evaluation from ECS, WES, or CED.
- 1 LOR
- 1 Personal Statement
- 2 References providing all the contact information
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Copy of Current Passport
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Visa
- Proof of English language proficiency: One of the following test scores must be submitted:
- Official standardized test scores of ACT or SAT are required for admission. The minimum requirements are as follows:
|SAT (Math and Critical Reading)||910 (for tests taken before March 2016)
980 (for tests taken after March 2016)
Aurora University Cost of Attendance
- The table given below gives an idea of the fees and expenses. However, rates may differ for certain off-campus and cohort programs.
- A few courses also charge extra money for lab fees, clinical fees, testing fees, or practicum fees.
- Not all programs are offered at all locations.
- The college also offers a net calculator which gives a rough estimate of the expenses.
|Undergraduate Tuition Fees|
|Full Time (12-17 Credit Hours)||12,800 USD per semester|
|Part-Time (1-11 Credit Hours)||425 USD per credit hour|
|Over 17 Credit Hours||605 USD per credit hour|
|Summer 2020||590 USD per credit hour|
|Adult Degree Completion||425 USD per credit hour|
|Graduate Tuition Fees|
|MBA/ MSA/ MPA||715 USD per credit hour|
|MS in Math and Science||520 USD per credit hour|
|MSW, MSW/ MBA, MSW/ MPA, MSW/ M. Div.||600 USD per credit hour|
|MS in ABA||675 USD per credit hour|
|Graduation Education Program||485 USD per credit hour|
|Activity Fee||50 USD per semester|
|Tech fee||80 USD per semester|
|Room and Board||11,690 USD per year|
|Total Tuition and Fees (Full-time)||25,960 USD per year|
Aurora University Scholarships/Financial Aid
- More than 98% of students received financial aid packages in the year 2019-20.
- Aurora offers different types of aids that include grants, loans, scholarships, and federal work-study.
- International students are eligible to receive scholarships worth 1,500 USD. The award is renewable up to 4 years if the student maintains academic standing at the University.
- International students are not eligible for federal work-study programs. However, they can work part-time on positions available on-campus administered by career services.
Aurora University Alumni Network
- Alumni Association of Aurora University is extremely active. They provide various services like:
- Networking opportunities
- Career service, career e-news, career references
- Access to the university library database, computer labs, etc.
- Alumni card which can be used to avail discount on the university bookstore
- Admission to athletic events
- The association also conducts events every fortnight and even weekly and holds reunions and several social gatherings.
- Notable alumni of AU include
- Wallace Edgar, a retired NBA basketball player,
- Tom Weisner, American politician and mayor of Aurora
- Russell "Russ" David Rose, American author, professor, and volleyball coach
Aurora University Placements
Aurora University provides part-time employment to students on-campus. In the session 2019- 2020, 500 students were employed in various capacities. Handshake is a facility offered to the students to meet the openings at various companies and internship opportunities. Career services are a part of the campus services offered. These services provide individual career advising, resume and cover letter resources, interview assistance, and career resources.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.aurora.edu/admission/apply
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
One of my friends told me about this university and I was impressed by the popularity and the infrastructure of this university so, I decided to take admission here. I applied on the online application portal of the college and paid a very nominal application fee fo $75.
Course Curriculum :
Through my course, I came to know about the business very well I was taught about the management of the business and how the business work. I was taught about the dynamic environment of the business.
My brother who is settled in the USA wanted me to complete my higher education from there plus I had also researched a lot about this University. A common application form was submitted by me without any application fee. My 12th score of 8.9 helped me a lot in the admission.
Course Curriculum :
The course helped me learn to identify potential threats, and prepared me to use and manage technical skills in order to protect various users, including those working in healthcare and financial organizations. I was taught subjects such as Computer programming, Cybersecurity governance.
All my relatives lived in the USA, so my parents also wanted me to pursue my education from there. I had filled a common application form and no application fee was charged. My high school score of 9.2 GPA was also counted during the admission process.
Course Curriculum :
The course helped me combine creative energy with business. The field provided me training on understanding people, exploring their purchasing decisions, and influencing their choices. It involved communication, leadership, project management, research, quantitative analysis, and technology.
I wanted to study in this university because of the wide variety of special programs, the university had different subject-combinations based programs which were not available in any other university I had applied at that time. I then made up my mind to take admission here.
Course Curriculum :
It mainly centred towards the functional areas of business like accounting, economics, management, marketing and information systems. It provided me an in-depth knowledge of finance, it prepared me for corporate world.
My uncle is based in the USA in the city in Illinois for more than 5 years now and he suggested this college since I was very passionate to pursue my career in the field of athletic training. This college provided me the perfect combination of scientific theoretical knowledge and simulation techniques which made me fit for appearing in interviews and explore more opportunities in this domain. I had applied to the university via their application portal and paid a fess of $40
Course Curriculum :
I found the course curriculum to be very integrative informative and implementable in the industry. All the subjects like taping and bracing, therapeutic aspects of physical training, and all the practical simulation classes on physiological assessment and development allowed me to build a concept on hands-on training service.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary