Baker University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Baker University, a premier private liberal arts institution is internationally recognised for enriching the minds of the students with its complex curriculum and values based learning community. Ranked among the top 8% nationwide for its academic excellence, Baker university offers 70 UG, PG, associate, and certificate programs across 4 academic schools. Enrolling more than 4,000 students from across the world, Baker University is lightly selective with an acceptance rate of 88% and considers the students with a minimum GPA of 2.5 along with above average academic profile.
Baker graduates and alumni present a testimony of excellent placement records of the university. Over 99% of the graduates have either progressed towards employment or are pursuing higher studies in top institutions across the world. Baker University has the highest salaries among the graduates of other Kansas Universities.
Baker University Ranking
Baker University has been ranked by various educational sites and publications for their various programs and subjects.
The Baker University ranking for the year 2021 is as follows:
- #258 in National Universities, #191 in Top Performers on Social Mobility by US News and World Report
- #88 in Best Colleges for Nursing in America, #105 in Best Christian Colleges in America, #126 in Best Colleges with No Application fee in America by Niche 2021
|University Type||Private University|
|Location||Baldwin City, Kansas, USA|
|Accreditation||Higher Learning Commission|
|Standard Test Score||SAT/ ACT|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, Part- time, Online|
|Academic Pattern||Semester- based|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Financial Aid, Bursaries, Loans|
|Helpdesk||Telephone: +1.785.594.8325 Email: admission@bakerU.edu|
Baker University Campus
Baker University has a very alluring education campus spread across 26 acres of land comprising the perfect blend of nature and historical buildings.
- The campus has four schools namely College of Arts and Science, School of education, School of Nursing, School of Professional and Graduate Studies along with being surrounded by some of the most historical building of the Baldwin City such as Hall, Old Castle Museum, Holt-Russell Museum, Quayle bible Collection, Clarice L. Osborne Memorial Chapel, National Register of Historic Places.
- There are about 75 clubs and organizations at Baker U that enable students to enrich their lives, hone their skill sets, and increase their networking opportunities.
- In addition to this, the campus also has state- of the art and modern facilities such as fitness center, library, tracks and fields for baseball, softball, golf, wrestling, football, recreational center, etc.
- Baker University campus has four residential housing and cafeterias for students which includes Gessner Hall, Irwin Hall, Horn and Markham Apartments and New Living Center.
- Candidates at Baker University can enjoy getting their education in a positive, environment- friendly and charming environment.
Also Explore: Baker University Campus
Baker University Accommodation
Baker University has a very extensive accommodation facility for candidates interested in experiencing positive and enriching university life.
- The university has four residence/ accommodation designated for all students with live- in staff at each residence and they are namely Gessner Hall, Irwin Hall, Horn and Markham Apartments and New Living Center (NLC).
- Prospective international candidates confirming their on- campus housing must pay $100 as confirmation deposit.
- Housing at Baker University is equipped with facilities such as air conditioning, lounge areas for recreation, game rooms, laundry facilities, computer lab, cleaning and housekeeping equipment, coin- operated snack machines, closet, wifi, cable service, book storage space and shelves, etc.
The features and housing capacity of each housing along with their costing is detailed below:
|Accommodation/ Residence||Housing Capacity||Amount|
|Gessner Hall||140 students with five Residence Life staff members.||
|Irwin Hall||140 students with five Residence Life staff members||$2895 per semester/ $5718 per year|
|Horn and Markham Apartments||95 upper-class and transfer students with one Residence Life staff member.||$3121 per semester/ $6242 per year.|
|New Living Center (NLC)||180 students in 48 rooms with six Residence Life staff members.||$2970 per semester- $5364 per year|
Baker University Programs
- Baker University offers a wide range of undergraduate, masters, doctorate, certificate degree programs in more than 40 areas of academics across its four schools namely College of Arts and Science, School of education, School of Nursing, School of Professional and Graduate Studies.
- The Baker University undergraduate degree programs are offered in the field of business administration, business leadership, management, marketing, criminal justice, psychology, associate of arts in business, international studies, nursing, law, public health, etc.
- The master's degree programs cover the academic area of organizational leadership, business administration, sport management, special education, mass media, nursing and much more.
- In addition to this, candidates at Baker University can also choose doctorate degree programs for specialization, associate degree programs as well as dual degree programs.
Baker University Application Process
Application Portal: Baker University Official Online Portal.
Application Fee: Not Applicable
- Complete application form.
- Official academic transcript.
- Certified copies of certificates of previous academic qualifications.
- GPA of 2.5 (for undergraduate), GPA of 3.0 (for Master).
- ACT/ SAT test score of 21- above and 510- above respectively.
- English Proficiency Test Score
Baker University Cost of Attendance
Prospective international candidates must plan their finances required to study in USA prior to starting their education at the university.
The University education fee is listed below:
|Type of Expense||Amount|
|Tuition Fee for undergraduate programs||$420 credit/ hour|
|Tuition Fee for graduate programs||$637 credit/ hour|
|General University Fee||Full- time: $600/ year, Part- time: $300/ year|
The living expenditures at Baker University can vary depending on the students life standards and preferences. The expense is listed as:
|Accommodation||$3990- $6242 per year|
|Meal Plan||$565- $4532 per year|
Baker University Financial Aid/ Scholarship
Baker University caters to the financial needs of international students by offering aid and assistance in the form of work-study opportunities and a wide range of scholarships and financial grants. International students can work on campus up to 20 hours per week. Students can also look for other scholarships for international students to study in the USA.
- Candidates can mention their required scholarship in their application form and are notified of their eligibility in their acceptance letter.
- International candidates are recommended to apply for scholarship at the earliest as scholarships are awarded only until the funds are exhausted.
Some of the scholarships for available for international students along with their eligibility and amount awarded in listed below:
|Edward Lin Harter & Sylvia Lloyd Harter Scholarship||Merit- based||Freshman candidates must maintain their academic GPA.||Full- tuition fee for 4 years.|
|Ada Hopkins Lake Endowed Scholarship||Need- based||Incoming freshman must maintain their academic GPA.||Full tuition, fees, on-campus housing, meals, and books.|
|Presidential Scholarship||Merit- type||Awarded based on participation in Academic Scholarship Competition Day||Full tuition- fee|
|Honors Scholarships||Merit- type||Must have GPA of 3.0||$13,000|
|Academic Merit Scholarship||Merit- type||Must have GPA of 2.50||$10,000|
|Wildcat Scholarship||Merit- type||Must have GPA of 2.25||$8,000|
|University Award||Merit- type||Must have GPA of 2.15||$6,000|
Baker University Alumni
Baker University has a very active alumni association that connects the university alumni together and features their success and accomplishments on their social media. Alumni joining the alumni association can avail various benefits such as alumni scholarships, alumni tuition discounts, access to various events and facilities and also the opportunity to feature in the online alumni magazine ‘Baker Proud’.
Baker University boasts of having a robust number of successful alumni. In the last 163 years, Baker U has produced some of the most influential thinkers, leaders, artists and innovators around the globe. Some of them are:
- Candice Millard, American writer
- Tanner Purdum, American footballer
- Henry Justin Allen, former Governor of Kansas
- Mike McCarthy, American football coach
- Kevin Mahogany, American jazz vocalist
- Andrew Cherng, Chief Executive Officer of Panda Express
Baker University Placements
Baker University provides career services and organizes career fairs for students at various levels each year to enable them to get suitable jobs in the USA . The career services offered at Baker U include assistance with grad school applications, internship assistance, job search resources, resume-writing assistance, and interview prep.
A quick glance at Baker University graduates and alumni working as professional in various sectors :
|Job Position||Average Salary|
|Information Technology (IT) Manager||$97k|
|Human Resources Director||$80k|
|Retirement Plan Specialist||$75k|
|Human Resources Manager||$63k|
|Human Resources Specialist||$51k|
Along with promoting inclusivity and diversity, Baker University aims to impart academic excellence with critical thinking, innovation, freedom of expression in a respectful, positive and enriching environment. The college also supports students with robust career services, giving them a holistic package.
Ques. Is Baker University hard to enrol at?
Ans. Baker University is moderately selective. It observes an acceptance rate of nearly 88%, meaning that it accepts 88 out of every 100 applicants.
Ques. Is on-campus residence a requirement for international students at Baker University?
Ans. On-campus housing is required for all full-time students, including international students at Baker University unless they qualify for a residency exemption.
Ques. Are ACT or SAT scores required for undergraduate admission to Baker University?
Ans. ACT or SAT scores will be required for undergraduate admissions at Baker University.
Ques. Are scholarships available for international candidates at Baker University?
Ans. A wide variety of scholarships are available for international students at Baker University, which include competition awards, merit-based scholarships and participation awards. The popular scholarships or awards are Edward Lin Harter & Sylvia Lloyd Harter Scholarship, Ada Hopkins Lake Endowed Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship and Honors Scholarship and University Award.
Ques. Do I have to submit another application form besides the admission application form for scholarship?
Ans. No, candidates can mention the interested scholarship in the admission application form and based on the eligibility and availability of that particular scholarship they will be notified of the confirmation in their acceptance letter.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
As I was completing my Bachelor's in Business and Organisational Leadership I began to search for a suitable Masters's program. I applied to Baker University as soon as I got to know the details of the Executive Leadership program. I submitted an online application for International students, which was free of cost.
Course Curriculum :
Each course almost provides 3 credits. The courses I have learned by far are Organisational Management, Legal Environment, HR management, Data and Analytics and Managerial Finance.
I always had a knack for literary education from the start of the 9th Standard. Once I had cleared my high school with efficient marks much more in the English language. I decided to study at a university where I could enhance my skills a lot more than usual but I understood that if I remain in my country it would be a little difficult to make this possible. So I had some rough look over the internet and had some reviews through my social connections which guided me to this college. To get admission, I had to pay an application fee of $35 while filling up the online application form for this university.
Course Curriculum :
I had a lot of practical experience over here where people from all over the world enjoined greatness. All the subjects taught here are up to mark and all have the books which I have got are purely illustrative with less of theories and more of practicals.
I opted to take admission at Baker University as it has an excellent team of faculty members, personalized learning, and incredible resources. Being a Baker student I can set the goals for me and then achieve them. A common application form was filled by me to apply for the university.
Course Curriculum :
This course is intended for the non-science major. It focuses on the role of genetics in health, medicine, society, ethics, and evolution. While studying the course, I discovered how biology and genetics affect directly. My course is designed to provide us to have various careers either scientists or health professionals. A solid and deep understanding of the biology of cells is provided to me. The curriculum will surely help me to succeed in the future.
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary