Andrews University Berrien Springs Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
Andrews University is a private institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. It is also accredited by the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges and Universities. Andrews University is a renowned public institution which provides outstanding facilities on campus as well as for educational requirements that are also at an affordable cost to domestic and international students.
One of the reputed universities in the US, it has a student enrollment of around 4,800 students. It is second in the nation for campus ethnic diversity and 8th in highest percentage of international students compared to other national universities. Programs offered at the Andrews University include 95 undergraduate and 70 graduate programmes.
Andrews University Rankings
The institute is ranked at the following positions by different ranking surveys:
- Ranked 44 in national liberal arts college by Usnews.com
- Ranked 45 for best value schools by usnews.com
- Ranked 193 in top performers on social mobility by us news.
- Ranked 92 in US college ranking of 2021 by times higher education.
- Ranked 87 in US college ranking of 2020 by higher education.
- Ranked 101 by OS world university ranking
- Ranked 57 in best undergraduate engineering program.
|Intake Seasons||Spring, Summer and Fall|
|Freshman Retention Rate||84%|
|Student - Faculty Ratio||10:1|
|Financial Aid||Available through grants, scholarships, loans, tuition discounts, etc.|
|English Proficiency Tests Accepted||IELTS, TOEFL (iBT), PTE and Duolingo|
|Admission Helpdesk||(269) 471-6395
Andrews University Campus
- The Andrews University campus is spread across 2,400 acres of land and is designed as an arboretum. It consists of more than 500 labelled trees and 150 species.
- The James White Library is home to more than 1.6 million research materials and also includes the Center for Adventist Research.
- There are numerous student governing bodies, such as the Andrews University Student Association (AUSA) and the Andrews University Graduate Student Association (AUGSA) that students can be a part of.
- On campus diversity is protected through the TRHT Campus Center (for racial healing), Haven (for LGBT+ students), cultural-competency training, the Divino blog, cultural and ethnic events, clubs and organisations, diversity committee.
Andrews University Residence
- Andrews University is a residential university with 4 residence halls, 3 apartment complexes and single family houses on campus for student housing needs.
- Lamson Hall is for single, female undergraduates under age 22. It has non-suite and suite-style rooms for its occupants. Meier Hall is the male counterpart of Lamson Hall. It has suite-style rooms and lobbies.
- 1/2/3/4 unfurnished and furnished apartments are available. Housing rates start from USD 650.
- Off-campus housing is allowed for students over the age of 22 or students with families. Advertisements for apartments complexes, realtors and other such listings can be found on campus or on the university website.
Andrews University Programs
- Andrews University offers 94 undergraduate, 67 graduate and several doctoral programmes to its students.
- The degrees are offered under 5 colleges and 10 schools.
- The institute has a wide range of online programmes for its students, who can also opt for off-campus studies in one of the many extension schools of the university located in 25 countries all over the world.
- Andrews University offers an ESL programme and a Seize the Summer programme which is designed to help students earn course credits.
Andrews University Application Process
Application portal – Online
Application fees - Andrews University charges 180 Canadian dollar as application fees.
Admission helpdesk -
- Phone- 416-978-2522
Application deadline - Application deadline for Andrews University is 15 November. Admission is confirmed after paying fees. Fees paying deadline is as follows:
|Fall||Undergraduate and graduate||November 1|
|Winter||Undergraduate and graduate||February 1|
Documents required: -
- High school transcripts
- English exam scorecard
- Permanent residence
- Criminal record check
- Study permit
- Application copy
- English language proficiency test scorecard with minimum required marks.
Andrews University Cost of Attendance
It is imperative that interested students plan their finances well in advance to ensure a comfortable experience at the institute. Tuition Fees: -
|Type of fee||Amount/year|
|Tuition fee Undergraduate||USD 60,000|
|Tuition fees graduation||USD 55,000|
|Incidental fees||USD 1400|
|Student society fee||USD 120|
|College documentation fees||USD 315|
Residence Fees: -
|Single room||USD 11,070|
|Double room||USD 10,465|
|Triple room||USD 10,190|
Meal Plans: -
|Costing||Light meal||Traditional meal||Freedom meal|
|Meal cost||USD 5,930||USD 6,450||USD 6450|
|Food service||USD 830||USD 830||USD 830|
|BASE dollars||USD 4940||USD 5305||USD 5305|
|FLEX dollars||USD 160||USD 315||USD 470|
Andrews University Financial Aid for International Students
- Financial aid offered at Andrews University are of two kinds: free (grants and scholarships) and the ones that have to be repaid later (federal or private loans).
- Instead, international students can apply for scholarships. More than 10 scholarship search sites are recommended by the university website.
- Funding for international students also comes through various organisations such as the Rowe Fund, Worldwide Learn, US News, International Financial Aid and Scholarships, etc.
- Several graduate study scholarship programmes lead to reduction in tuition costs for the students.
Andrews University Alumni
The benefits and services that the 98,976 university alumni receive are:
- Legacy scholarships
- Honours and awards
- Liberty Mutual insurance
- Andrews Network- an online community to network and mentor
- Alumni events and much more
|Jim Balsillie||CEO Of Motion Centre|
Andrews University Placements
- Andrews University Career Services provide a wide range of facilities that assist students from choosing a major to their first year after graduation.
- Resume building and reviewing, mock interviews, career fair preparations, networking and professional etiquette skills building and other career development services are provided.
- In-house and external job, competition and internship placement options are posted on the university website. Yearly career development magazines are also available for students free of cost.
- 54% of the graduates were employed full-time according to the First Destination Survey in 2018. The most popular graduate programme was Medicine and then Business.
- According to the Alumni Survey, 77% of the participants who graduated in the years 2012 and 2013 were employed within a year of graduation. 62.9% of them held jobs that were ‘very related’ to their degrees.
Find a Program
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I choose Andrews University because of its high acceptance rate. My friend told me that the college has a good faculty-student ratio and the college is well known as well. So, I applied and I was lucky enough to get accepted. I had to apply through an online medium and I had to pay an amount of $30.
Course Curriculum :
Along with the normal course curriculum, some different subjects and events were introduced to us. Like personality development classes and motivational speeches, etc. These things kept me motivated and also helped me to stay positive at all times.
I saw an article about reviews in a newspaper. The colleges were ranked there according to international students' reviews. And for MBA, Andrews University had the most positive reviews. So, I decided to join this college. I had to apply for an admission form online and $60 was paid by me for the same.
Course Curriculum :
We had events and different activities all the time. We used to have quizzes and competitions as well. I miss that kind of curriculum a lot. We also had many game competition inside our campus. In my opinion, the curriculum we had was right next to perfect!!
The field of digital media fascinates me from always, so I thought of pursuing my career in Graphic Design and as I want to pursue my education in the US so I did my research and find Andrews University good. I have also heard that the college's Arts center is very creative complex and motivates students for their career as the students could be seen working there 24 hours a day. So, I decided to apply here through the online portal and paid $30 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
This course made me skillful as I just not only worked on tools but I got to learn how to actually implement the thought into reality. I have explored my area of work as I made a project on future expected designs. The classes take place on the pod, Mac PCs and I created one art piece then implemented it on a 3D printer that is there in the lab. Many prominent faculties also visit the college for the guest lecture on design & media and its importance in today's world.
Although I could simply attend college in India, I decided to step out of my comfort zone to study abroad. I really like education in the U.S. This kind of education provided me a wider perspective on different aspects of invaluable skill sets, including the skills to communicate effectively and the capacity for lifelong learning. I chose Andrews University because of its focus on our views and interests. I applied for the university online through a common application form.
Course Curriculum :
The course requires a total Credit score of 129 - 130 approximately. Applied sciences of mathematics and physics are included in the curriculum. Flight, maintenance, weight, balance, and various maintenance problems that the aircraft maintenance technician could encounter are included.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary