Lehigh University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
The admission process at Lehigh University is quite competitive. Its recent acceptance rate was just 22 percent. The student's applications are reviewed and analyzed on several factors such as grades, personal essays, letters of recommendation. The university encourages students to work hard on their application to secure admission.
- The university has two rounds of early decision for undergraduate students.
- The undergraduate students can apply through Common Application.
- Graduate students must apply through the Applyweb portal.
- International students have to submit additional documents to secure admission.
|Application Portal||UG: Common Application|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||UG: 70 USD|
PG: 75 USD
|SAT score( math+critical thinking)||1320-1480|
|ACT score (not including writing section)||30-34|
|Mode of Payment||Credit/Debit Card or Check|
|Work Experience||Required for MBA|
|Financial Aid||Work-Study, Loans, Grants, and Scholarships|
Lehigh University Admission Deadlines
|Program Type||Application Type||Deadline|
|Undergraduate||Early Decision 1||November 1|
|Early Decision 2||January 1|
|Graduate||Regular||July 15 (Fall)|
|December 1 (Spring)|
|April 30 (Summer)|
Lehigh University International Student Admissions
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Copies of transcripts must be uploaded to the online application.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to the Lehigh University.
- Must submit the certificate of finances during the application process itself.
- GRE/GMAT score. The university’s GRE and GMAT code are 2365 and 6ZB-FN-50 respectively.
- Proof of health insurance is required.
Submission of Document for International students
- Official transcripts must have the seal of the issuing institution. Also, all the transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope by the institution.
- Letters of recommendation should be electronically generated. The students are required to provide the email addresses of their recommenders. Once complete, a web link will be automatically emailed to the named recommender.
- English proficiency scores must be directly sent by the testing agencies. The submitted test score’s date should not be older than two years at the time of application.
- International students are required to enroll in the university’s health insurance plan. However, they can also waive the requirement by submitting proof of existing health insurance.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
All the international students whose first language is not English must take TOEFL or IELTS exam. The university’s minimum accepted score is given below:
|Test||Minimum Required Score|
Visa Information for International Students
- Once the admission is confirmed, the university will issue the Form I-20 or Form-DS-2019 to the international students. They must provide all the information and complete the form
- Pay the SEVIS fee. The students can submit the Form-901 online itself. The payment can be made by credit or debit card or Western Union Quick Pay. Once complete, print the confirmation page and attend the visa interview.
- Required Documents for immigration:
- Form I-20 or DS-2019
- Admission letter from the university.
- A valid passport.
- DS-160 confirmation page
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of financial support
- Receipt of visa application fee
- Receipt of SEVIS fee payment
Lehigh University Undergraduate Admissions
Where to Apply: Common Application
Application Fee: 70 USD
- High school reports and transcripts must be submitted electronically through the Common Application Portal only. In special cases, the institute may submit the records through the LU FileSender.
- Guidance counselor’s recommendation is a must for all the students
- At least one recommendation letter by a high school teacher is accepted. The recommendation letter should also be submitted electronically
- English proficiency for international students is a non-negotiable.
- Official SAT/ACT scores. The SAT and ACT ranges of 50% of the admitted students are:
- SAT (critical reading+ math)- 1320- 1480
- ACT (without writing score)- 30-34
Financial Aid: Work-study, Loans, Grants, and Scholarships
Lehigh University Graduate Admissions
Admissions to Lehigh University’s graduate programs depend on each program. However, the general guidelines of the university’s admission requirements are given below:
Where to Apply: Applyweb
Application Fee: 75 USD
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7 or an average GPA of 3.0 for last two semesters
- Official Transcripts must be directly sent by the previous institution in a sealed envelope.
- Proof English proficiency is mandatory for international students. Students are advised to contact the department/ programs to know the minimum required score.
- GRE or GMAT scores are required for various courses.
- Letters of recommendation are necessary for admission. Students are required to submit the recommendations electronically
- The statement of purpose should highlight the student’s career objectives and relevant work experience.
- The Resume should provide information regarding a student’s educational qualifications and professional achievements.
Financial Aid: Loans, Departmental funding, and Scholarships
Popular Courses at Lehigh University
|Course||Application Portal||Application Deadline||Application Fee||Academic Requirements||Minimum English Language Proficiency|
|MBA||Applyweb||April 15||75 USD||Official Transcripts; Essay; Current Resume; 2 Letters of Recommendation;|
|MS Computer Science||Applyweb||Spring Semester: November 1||75 USD||Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field;|
GPA of 2.7 or higher; GRE score; Essay; Letters of Recommendation
|MS Applied Economics||Applyweb||Fall semester: April 15|
Spring Semester: December 1
|75 USD||Resume; Official transcripts; Essay; 2 Letters of recommendation;|
|MS Chemical Engineering||Applyweb||Fall Semester: July 15|
Spring Semester: December 1
|75 USD||Transcripts; Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; GRE score;|
2 Letters of recommendation; Essay
|MS Management||Applyweb||May 15||75 USD||Resume; Essay; Transcripts; 2 Letters of Recommendation;|
Lehigh University’s office of admission evaluates all the applications carefully. Prospective students are advised to focus on all the factors of their application process. Most importantly, the students must submit their applications before the university and departmental deadlines.