Swinburne University of Technology: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Swinburne University of Technology is a renowned public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. The university was founded back in 1908 with the aim of imparting technical education to students and got its university status in 1992. Swinburne has three campuses in Australia. In addition to that, there is an overseas campus located in Malaysia. Swinburne also has a teaching facility located in Sydney.
Swinburne University offers various programs on-campus and online. Swinburne has collaboration with many institutes and universities worldwide and aims at offering work-integrated learning of international standards. The university’s faculty of business and law is accredited by the Association to advance collegiate schools of business (AACSB) internationally, highest standard excellence in business education worldwide.
Swinburne University of Technology Rankings
- According to the Times higher education (THE) Young University ranking, Swinburne is ranked at 62nd position. It is ranked among the top 400 universities worldwide.
- Swinburne is also ranked among top 400 universities worldwide or in top 3% by the QS university rankings. It is ranked at 45th place in QS under age 50 university rankings.
- Academic ranking of world universities (ARWU) 2020 has ranked the university at 133rd place for civil engineering and in top 300 for computer science.
|Application mode||Online (Official university website)|
|Document submission mode||Online|
|Courses offered||Bachelor & Master Degree, Dual degrees, Certificates, Diploma and short courses|
|Tuition fee||AUD 27,000 – 40,000|
|Official website||Swinburne University Website|
|International Admission helpdesk||+61 3 9214 8444|
Swinburne University of Technology Campus
- The university has three campuses in Melbourne, Australia located in Hawthorn, Croydon and Wantirna. It has a fourth international campus located in Malaysia.
- All campuses offer state of the art teaching and research facilities.
- The university has 3 faculties and 10 schools and institutions offering various courses. Each department has numerous groundbreaking research centres and institutes.
- Swinburne campuses offer various campus facilities such as study spaces, cafes, restaurants, state-of-the-art libraries, bookshops, bank etc.
- Melbourne Airport is at a distance of 24 km from the university campus.
Swinburne University of Technology Residence
- Students have the option to stay both at the campus or outside the campus.
- On-campus accommodations include college dormitories, shared apartments and studio apartments. Each accommodation offers essential facilities such as laundry, kitchen, internet, phone etc.
- A wide range of single/shared off-campus accommodation options also available. Dedicated helpdesk for international students and Swinburne housing adviser helps students in off-campus accommodations.
Swinburne University of Technology Programs
- The university offers programs in 17 areas of study such as arts, aviation, engineering, games and animation, science, law, information technology, business etc. It has three faculties consisting of 10 schools/colleges in total.
- The university offers various study options which are – diploma, certificates, double degrees, Master degrees, bachelor degrees, short courses and indigenous education.
- University offers undergraduate courses such as Bachelors in accounting, finance, Astronomy (BSc), Chemistry, Physics, Engineering (B. Eng.) and information technology.
- The university offers postgraduate courses such as MBA, Masters in Engineering, Master of Finance, Master of Science and Master of Arts in various fields of study.
- The university offers online short courses, diplomas, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees such as MBA, bachelors of accounting and many more.
Swinburne University of Technology Admission
The Swinburne University Admission process and document submission are online for Swinburne university of technology. First candidates need to select the course and provide educational and employment history along with documents. Following the mentioned document’s certified copies must be uploaded to the application portal. Upon selection, the university sends a Letter of Offer which has a list of courses you are eligible to study. The candidates need to complete the acceptance form obtained with the letter and send it to university with payment.
Application form: Application forms are available on the official website.
|Semester – I||8 January|
|Semester – II||29 July|
Supporting Documents and eligibility: -
- Application form
- Certified academic documents’ and transcripts’ copies
- Official English translation of documents if not in English
- Certified copy of passport
- A portfolio (for most design courses)
- Additional course-specific requirements
- English language proficiency test results:
|Test type||Minimum score|
|Common European framework||B2, B1, C1|
|IELTS academic||6.0 – 7.0|
|TOEFL iBT||79 - 95|
|Swinburne English academic program||EAP 5 advanced with overall 70% and all skills 65%|
Swinburne University of Technology Cost of attendance
- Tuition fee per year for international students:
|Undergraduate programs||AUD 27,500 – 39,600|
|Graduate programs||AUD 31,600 – 41,600|
- On-campus Accommodation fee PER WEEK PER PERSON including bills:
|College dormitory-style room||AUD 325|
|shared apartment: two bed||AUD 290-305|
|shared apartment: three-bed||AUD 276-290|
|shared apartment: four-bed||AUD 268-272|
|studio apartments||AUD 344-383|
- Off-campus accommodation per week:
|Single room house/apartment||AUD 200-450 (Without bill)|
|Homestay||AUD 300+ (with the bill)|
Financial aid for International Students
- Swine university offers eight scholarships on tuition fee to the international student on the basis of merit at the time of admission or new semester beginning. Students are not required to apply separately for these scholarships as they are automatically considered for it during application.
- Scholarships and grants offered by other Australian institutions such as Australia Award and Destination Australia Program (DAP) are also available here.
- External institutions also offer a scholarship to international students. Such as Global study award. Country-wise scholarships such as HEC- Pakistan, MOET-VIED Vietnam Scholarships are also provided by external institutions.
- Residential scholarships are also provided to students living on campus which covers the cost of accommodation at the university.
Swinburne University of Technology Alumni
- The university has a worldwide network of more than 198,000 people offering professional opportunities and development. Alumni avail benefits such as library access, events, discounts from partner institutes and career opportunities.
- Notable Alumni: -
- Krishman Varges - Associate Director, KPMG
- Jason Yeo Kok Seng – Involvement in the first integrated hydrogen production plant and refuelling station in south-east Asia.
- Grace Lawrence – Dark matter detection, SABRE project
Swinburne University of Technology Placement
- The university organises an annual job fair on campus. In addition, there is a universal job portal of the university, on which the company information, recruitment services, etc are available.
- Career Services of the university helps students in developing the required skills for their dream job and improve employability.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #351 - #400
RANKED #176 - #200
RANKED #301 - #400
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #176 - #200
View More >>
QS World University
My father recommended this college to me because one of his students attended and now works for a multinational corporation. I've been looking at university options on the internet. I applied to the university by paying no admission fee and filling out an online application form.
Course Curriculum :
My course discussed the most basic accounting topics, such as marketing, economics, and corporate law. Both academic success and practical skills required to excel were developed during the course. Since the programme was well spread out , the second year was exclusively dedicated to the completion of the final management project.
My first choice was always this university, which I applied to after studying more than ten colleges and applying to two or three of them. This is a recognized university that has been very valuable to me. I had applied online through portal and paid no application fee.
Course Curriculum :
The course material was very beneficial to me because it assisted me in honing my tech skills. Software design was my favorite aspect of the class, and I've always wanted to be a software designer.
I have chosen this university based on my course availability and based on the yearly fee
Course Curriculum :
in my course all my subject are interlinked with updated technology and also ongoing technology. I have project and thesis in my last sem
Swinburne University of Technology was one of top universities. Moreover the curriculum of my selected course was well designed and covered almost all recent technologies which I wanted to learn. The university had good industry tie ups which is beneficial for the students. By covering all this the fees of the university was little less than other universities.
Course Curriculum :
Yes the course curriculum was very nicely designed. As it was the generalized course it covered almost all basics about programming language first and then moved to the specialized part. All the practical's had good exercise to put all the learnt theory into practice and all the doubts were cleared at the same point. There were two units included in the curriculum where research and internship opportunities were given.
Because of the state of the art lab structure. Good collaboration with industry. Good faculty system.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is very good with good faculty to cover all subjects. Day to day effort is needed to keep up with the level of teaching.
- Train Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary