Murdoch University, Perth: Admission Criteria & Application Deadlines 2021
Murdoch University, a highly reputed public university for offering real-world opportunities, enrolls around 21,000 students each year. It is the only university in Western Australia to offer a Veterinary Science and Master of Criminology Study program. It also offers various foundation programs for students who are not able to fulfill the enrolment requirements through Murdoch Institute of Technology. The tuition fee for undergraduate programs at Murdoch University ranges from 28,560-31,200 AUD per year.
Murdoch University scholarships including International Merit Awards and Honours Scholarships are offered to support international students studying in Australia. The university follows a semester-based curriculum and also offers short courses in Summer and Winter sessions. Applications for Semester 2, 2021 and Semester 1, 2022, are now open for international students. Students can apply through an agent or directly through the official website of the university.
Covid 19 Updates
- Murdoch University has resumed delivery of on campus teaching with necessary COVID-19 safety measures in place from Saturday May 1, 2021.
- As from Saturday May 8, 2021, it will not be compulsory for students to wear masks at Murdoch University campuses, except when on public transport and at hospitals.
- Murdoch University is providing Student Support Packages to help students who have been financially impacted by the pandemic. This includes:
- Student Assistance Fund: Available for international as well as domestic students as per need.
- Essentials Bursary: AUD 50 voucher per fortnight for groceries and essentials.
Some of the top programs at Murdoch University and total tuition fee in 2022 session for international students is mentioned below:
|Master of Information Technology [M.I.T]||Semester 1 and 2||2 Years||57,600|
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Science||Semester 1 and 2||3 Years||85,680|
|Master Professional Accounting||Trimester 1, 2 and 3||1 Year||46,620|
|Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] Management||Semester 1 and 2||2 Years||85,680|
|Bachelor of Business [B.Bus] Accounting||Semester 1 and 2||3 Years||85,680|
|Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]||Trimester 1, 2 and 3||1 Year||46,620|
|Bachelor of Business [B.Bus] Business Law||Semester 1 and 2||3 Years||85,680|
|Master of Communication [M.Comm]||Semester 1 and 2||2 Years||57,600|
|Graduate Diploma [Grad.Dip] Data Science||Semester 1 and 2||1 Year||28,800|
|Graduate Diploma [Grad.Dip] Engineering||Semester 1 and 2||1 Year||33,360|
Students applying for undergraduate, honours or postgraduate courses at Murdoch University must follow the below given deadlines. To avoid last-minute problems, students are advised to submit the applications six months prior to the deadlines given.
|Semester 1 (February)||December 8|
|Semester 2 (July)||May 31|
|Winter (June)||April (Closed)|
|Trimester 1 (January)||November 29|
|Trimester 2 (May)||March (Closed) 21|
|Trimester 3 (August)||June 10|
International students can apply for Murdoch University admissions through agents and are required to fill a GTE form along with the application. They must also apply for an Australian student visa when planning to study in Australia. Students are required to fulfill entry requirements as well as specific course requirements for getting admission to the university.
- Official Transcripts of secondary school or university/ marks card and certificates of completion.
- Financial support documentation or sponsor’s affidavit of financial support.
- Copy of official passport.
- a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) form along with the application.
- Statement of Purpose
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Explore Murdoch University courses and select desired majors and minors. Students can also check the tuition fee to plan their finances accordingly.
- Check the eligibility criteria, minimum entry requirements and English language requirements along with the deadlines.
- Explore all Murdoch University scholarships and their eligibility requirements.
- Contact Murdoch University agents to start the application process.
- After successful submission of application along with all required documents, shortlisted candidates will receive an offer letter.
- After submission of the Acceptance of Offer letter from Murdoch, students will receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to start the visa application process.
Students must have proof of their English language proficiency by providing scores of any one of the following tests given below, to be eligible for admission at Murdoch University, Australia.
International students are required to fulfill specific country requirements when applying for Murdoch University admissions along with course requirements. Entry requirements for various countries are mentioned below:
|Bangladesh||Higher School Certificate (HSC)
Vocational Higher School Certificate
|Successful completion with a minimum GPA of 4.0 or higher|
|Bhutan||Bhutan Higher Secondary Education Certificate||Average of 60% for best 4 academic subjects or higher|
|China||National College Entrance Exam (GaoKao)||Successful completion with a minimum score equating to 63% of the maximum overall mark|
|India||All India Senior School Certificate or Comparable Qualification (awarded by CBSE/ICSE/NIOS)||Average of 65% for best 4 academic subjects or higher for Class XII|
|Nepal||Higher Secondary Education Examination Certificate (HSEB Certificate)||Minimum grade of B (60-69%)|
|Pakistan||Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC)
|Average of 65% for best 4 academic subjects or higher|
|Sri Lanka||Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education Advanced Level||Minimum of 6 points taken from the best 2 or 3 subjects where A=5, B=4, C=3, S=1|
Students who are accepted into their course are required to apply to the Department of Home Affairs for an Australian student visa. Applicants are required to provide the following documents to receive the student visa as a part of the visa process:
- Copy of your offer of enrollment paper.
- Copy of your confirmation of enrolment (CoE) paper.
- Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) payment.
- Passport and passport photographs.
- Medical clearance.
- SOP for visa application
- Evidence of English Language proficiency.
Murdoch University provides various course options for international students at undergraduate level. Students can either choose double majors in a course or combine two degrees in study areas including Business, Creative Arts and Communication, Engineering, Health, Law and Criminology. The admission requirements and eligibility criteria for Murdoch University undergraduate courses are given below:
- Transcripts of high school qualifications or equivalent
- GTE form
- Specific entry requirements as per course
- Recommendation letters
- Scores of exams required to study in Australia
- Copy of official passport
- Portfolio/ Writing sample
- Interview/ Entrance exam (If required)
Murdoch University offers 20+ graduate courses to prospective applicants including MBA and a Masters in Engineering. Murdoch University graduate courses include honours, research and masters degrees with coursework. These have specific admission requirements as mentioned below:
- Successfully completion of a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject
- Distinction (or equivalent) average in final year of studies
- Interview by School Dean (If required)
- Bachelor's degree with first class honours or second class honour
- A postgraduate coursework qualification/ Masters by Research degree.
- Other qualifications or work experience.
- English Language proficiency scores
- IELTS score - 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT - Minimum score of 90 with no band less than 20.
General Entry Requirements:
- Official transcripts of university level qualifications or equivalent
- Letters of recommendation
- Work or other professional experience
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume/CV
- GRE/GMAT scores (optional)
Murdoch University grants unconditional admission offers for applicants who have completed all the entry requirements and have required grades. Students are advised to always track the progress of the application by visiting the university portal. Murdoch University, ranked among top universities in Australia, offers industrial experiences and marketplace skills to improve future career prospects.
Ques. How do I obtain a copy of my Academic Transcripts to apply at Murdoch University?
Ans. Students can order academic transcripts online from the respective education provider or visit the centres to obtain the confirmation of completion of studies letter.
Ques. Can international students study a course part time at Murdoch University?
Ans. No, International Students study in full-time mode with a valid Australian student visa.
Ques. Can I study externally from Murdoch University during pandemic times?
Ans. Yes, Murdoch UNiversity is offering all courses through the online learning system. Students must take note that they will be required to complete a two-week block placement in Perth.
Ques. Is it compulsory to attend the Orientation Week conducted by Murdoch University?
Ans. Orientation Week is conducted to welcome international students to Murdoch University in the week before semester starts. It is important to start the university life, meet lecturers, student support services and finish your enrolment process.
Ques. Why do I need to demonstrate English Language Competence to apply for Murdoch University admissions?
Ans. International students along with domestic students need to demonstrate English proficiency as a necessary requirement for admission to Murdoch University. Even with work experience in English speaking countries, students must meet ELC requirements.
Ques. How can I pay the tuition fees at Murdoch University?
Ans. International students can pay the tuition fee online through GlobalPay or MyInfo page at the official website of Murdoch University using Visa or Mastercard.