Bachelor of Arts [B.A] (Psychology)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
Following are the academic requirement of the programs are:
- Students must be complete their graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Proof of English language proficiency is required from applicants for whom English is not their first language or from those whose education was completed in any country where English is not the official language.
- For students who meet the academic requirements but not the English language requirement, conditional acceptance to VIU may be granted. In this case, admission is granted pending completion of VIU’s English Language Centre program (level AP5).
- International students who are BC high school graduates must have a minimum grade C in English 12 for direct entry into an academic program.
Psychology is the scientific study of mind and behaviour. The goal of the program is to cultivate a broad and multidisciplinary perspective on human behaviour spanning levels of analysis from the molecular and cellular to broad external factors, including the social and natural environment, as well as growth in general intellectual skills including communication, numeracy, critical thinking, and learning ability.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||59736 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Aug 13)|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Online application form: Students have to submit an online application form at the official website.
- All post-secondary transcripts: Students have to submit all official documents containing student’s grades. Thus, post-secondary transcripts refer to undergraduate, graduate, medical school, law school, or other higher education transcripts.
- Electronic Official transcripts: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended in PDF format.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of themselves, strengths, and any work experience and/or education that students have.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|fall||Aug 13, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Book and Supplies||$1125||$1125||$1125||$1125|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Food||$2340|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$4000||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
International students arriving in Canada to study for more than six months need two important immigration documents:
- A study permit – permission to study in Canada and it is a status document defining students as an International student
- Temporary resident visa to enter Canada. Depending on their citizenship, International students need either a
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- American (US) citizens or permanent residents
At the time of VISA application, students need to provide various documents:
- Application form and Study Plan
- Biometrics (fingerprints and photographs)
- Valid Passport
- Financial Evidence
International students who are enrolled in full time academic, vocational or professional trades programs at VIU, may be eligible to work on or off-campus. The wage rate begins at $14.60 per hour. Each position is allocated 50 hours per semester. Students may work only one Work-Op position per semester. The application deadline for Fall and Spring Work-ops is in June, and in April for the Summer semester. Students must have the following documents to work on or off-campus while studying:
- valid Study Permit with work authorization
- full-time enrollment at VIU (enrolled in 9 academic credits for undergraduate programs. For graduate programs full-time enrollment: set courses, research, thesis writing and etc.)
- a Social Insurance Number (SIN) before starting to work
- medical examination is required for certain occupations (eg. jobs at schools, childcare, eldercare, food industry and etc.)
I really wanted to go somewhere in Canada where it was warmer and seeing the island I could not resist the chance of living in beautiful BC
Course Curriculum :
I love my program and l have learned so much from the wonderful faculty in the department. You have to complete 2 Research method classes and 2 Statistics classes to prepare you for data analysis and research report writing