Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Cambrian College is offered as a 4-years or 8-semester teaching program.
- Students can gain clinical experiences in the first semester of the program.
- The Laurentian University Four-Year Collaborative Nursing Program, in collaboration with Laurentian University, Northern College, St. Lawrence College, Sault College, and Cambrian College, combines unique courses in humanities, sciences, and social sciences with preparation, in theory, simulation, and clinical practice setting.
- Some of the main courses that students go through this program are:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Introductory Psychology
- Clinical Chemistry
- Nrsg Praxis & Prof Care IV
- Health and Healing IV
- Nursing Student Council – aims to cultivate student nurse leaders by providing opportunities to plan and facilitate events for students.
- Interprofessional Education Opportunities - offered to BSN students to learn from and with other healthcare programs in the College.
- Throughout the program, students will have clinical placement experiences in the hospital setting, the long-term care setting, and the community setting.
- Costs incurred with clinical placements in-town and out-of-town are the responsibility of the student.
- The placements may occur for students on all shifts, especially during preceptorship rotations in semesters 7 and 8.
- The Careers after graduation are
- Clinic or medical center
- Community healthcare organization
- Hospital head nurses, etc
- Each year, the college offers a variety of opportunities for students to work across disciplines in exciting community and College endeavors.
- The student to teacher ratio is 18:1 which helps increase in interaction between professors and students.
- Students can get opportunities for experiential learning through clubs and competitions.
- Cambrian College has a community of over 11,000 students, with over 4100 students in eighty full-time programs, and more than 7000 students in nearly 900 part-time programs throughout the three campus sites in Northern Ontario.
- The College has climbed to rank 22, overall on the list of Canada’s top 50 research colleges.
- International students may also benefit from additional scholarships and bursaries valued at 37,500 USD annually.
- Cambrian has a graduate employment rate of 89% and an employer satisfaction rate of 91.2%.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 82536 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Oct 15)|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Feb 18)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students who want to get admission in this college must be 75% or above in the academic average.
- Students must qualify to obtain their OSSD(Ontario Secondary School Diploma).
- Ontario High School applicants require the following Grade 12 credits:
- Any grade 12 English (U)
- Any grade 12 mathematics (U)
- Any grade 12 biology (U)
- Any grade 12 chemistry (U)
- Any 2 additional grade 12 courses (U) or (M)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Tuberculosis Screening
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis immunization
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza Vaccination
- Standard First Aid
- CPR Level HCP (Health Care Providers) - Canadian Heart and Stroke Guidelines
- WHMIS certificate
- Ministry of Labour 4-Step Worker Health & Safety Awareness Training (Bill 18)
- AODA certificate
- Respiratory Mask Fit Testing (N95-3M models)
- Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience
- Students do not require any kind of work experience for this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The students must have completed 10th and intermediate i.e 12th grade which has the minimum with 70% marks.
- The minimum qualification required to attend this program is a higher secondary school certificate.
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
|winter||Oct 15, 2020|
|spring||Feb 18, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supply||$2,271||$2,271||$2,271||$2,271|
|health insurance and other ancillary fees||$888||$888||$888||$888|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 3750|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Go Clean Scholarship||$ 3500||Yes||Dec 31, 2020|
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Feb 19, 2021|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- All non-Canadian potential students must apply for a Student VISA to study in Canada.
- Students cannot study in Canada without this visa.
- This is issued by the Canadian Embassy, Consulate, or High Commission office closest to the place of residence.
- Applications and further information are available from any Canadian Embassy office or from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
- Cambrian's on-campus Work-Study program provides full-time, post-secondary students with an opportunity to work part-time on campus while attending class.
- Starting as an On-Campus student is a great first step to a possible career with Cambrian.
Career and Placement after Course
Head Nurses and SupervisorsNurses (RNs)