Cambrian College Sudbury Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
Established in 1967, Cambrian College is an applied arts and technology college in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. It is the largest college in northern Ontario, Canada with more than 4,800 full-time students. The college recorded international enrollment of more than 1,600 students from over 30 countries in the recent year. It offers several bachelor’s, master’s, certificate and doctorate programs. The college is accredited by the “Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.”
Over 7,000 students are enrolled in almost 900 part-time courses offered across 3 campuses in Northern Ontario. However, international students can only enroll in full-time programs offered at Cambrian College. The college is recognised as one of Canada’s top 50 research colleges. It lies on the 3rd position out of 182 colleges and universities worldwide for student satisfaction with their learning experiences according to the International Student Barometer (ISB).
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Mode of Application||Online portal|
|Intake Seasons||January, May, September|
|Employment Satisfaction Rate||94%|
|Number of Students||11,000|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, bursaries, and awards|
Cambrian College Campus
- The Cambrian College has a total of three campuses located in Sudbury, Espanola, and Little Current.
- Sudbury is northern Ontario’s largest municipality rich in culture, entertainment, recreation, etc.
- The Sudbury campus of Cambrian College has an athletic centre that offers 6,000 square feet modern weight training facility, functional training room, 3 international squash courts, saunas, etc.
- There are various eating and entertainment outlets like Chartwells Cafeteria, Tim Hortons Express, Student Life Center, etc.
- The College also has a student council where students participate in different events and activities as well as represent the student body.
Cambrian College Residence
- Cambrian College offers on campus residence while students can also prefer to live in Sudbury.
- To apply for residence, the college demands a non-refundable fee of 100 CAD in fall and winter or summer semesters. The applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Cambrian Residence can accommodate up to 677 students.
- The College has two main accommodation options - the dorm style that can accommodate around 377 students and the townhouse style that can accommodate around 300 students.
- Dorm style residences offer fully furnished rooms, free interest service, laundry, common kitchen, standard double bed, closet, television, microwave, kitchen table and chairs, shower and bathtub, sink, etc.
- The facilities in the townhouse style accommodation include twin bed, wardrobe, closet, desk, internet, refrigerator, microwave, living room, and a main floor and two second floor bathrooms, etc.
- Between the dorms and the townhouses, there is a common place named The Laamanen Centre where the residence life office, laundry room, and the rafters.
Cambrian College Courses
- Cambrian College offers more than 80 career-focused programs.
- The College delivers programs with three flexible options in full-time programs, part-time programs, and flex learning modes.
- The main disciplines in which the college offers various courses are health sciences, nursing, and emergency services, skilled trades training, engineering technology, creative arts, music, and design, community services, law and justice, business and information technology, safety and environmental studies, and general studies.
- Some popular graduate certificate programs include:
- Business analytics
- Human resource management
- International business management
- IT business analytics
- Mobile application development
Top Programs in the Cambrian College
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing||$14,206|
|Advanced Diploma in Business Administration - Accounting||$11,364|
|Diploma in Business||$11,364|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering Technician||$11,364|
|Diploma in Design and Visual Arts||$13,701|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Education||$16,576|
|Advanced Diploma in Power Engineering Technology||$11,526|
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology - Lab and Process Control||$13,322|
|Diploma in Dental Hygiene||$18,114|
|Diploma in Environmental Technician||$12,290|
|Diploma in Mining Engineering Technician||$13,699|
Cambrian College Application Process
International students applying to the Cambrian College must also apply for a Canadian Study Permit/ Visa after being accepted. The College currently has 3 intakes in January, May and September.
How to Apply?
The process and requirements for admission to Cambrian College are as follows:
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: 95 CAD
Application Deadline: Fall - February 1; Winter - October 1
Admission Requirements: The following documents must be submitted along with the application:
- A completed form
- Official notarized high school/ college transcripts with evaluation.
- Documents issued in a language other than English must be submitted along with certified translation.
- Portfolio in case of certain programs
- Copy of Passport
- Proof of English language proficiency: The College accepts the English proficiency scores from international students considering the tests like:
Cambrian College Cost of Attendance
- The tuition fee ranges from 11,000 CAD to 20,000 CAD annually and is dependent on the type of program chosen.
- The tuition fee for some of the popular programs open for international students are as follows:
|Programs||Fees (per semester)|
|Additions and mental health||6,890.10 CAD|
|Art and design fundamentals||7,935.01 CAD|
|Bachelor of science in nursing||13,996.03 CAD|
|Business administration||7,339.83 CAD|
|Business analytics||5,454.39 CAD|
|Business fundamentals||8,030.42 CAD|
- The cost of living in Canada must be considered by international students while planning their expenses. Indirect expenses charged to international students include:
|Books and Supplies||700-2,200 CAD|
|On-campus residence||6,955 CAD|
|Off-campus residence||4,000-6,000 CAD|
|Living expenses||4,000-5,000 CAD|
Cambrian College Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Cambrian College offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, bursaries and government loans.
- The College assists a total of 1,000 students annually through its awards program.
- More than 50,000 CAD are awarded in scholarships to international students.
- International students are also eligible for 100,000 CAD in non-specific awards.
- Students can apply for jobs on campus. The College has allotted 30,000 CAD for student intern positions for international students.
- International students can participate in scholarship opportunities for studying in Canada.
- Scholarships are awarded by checking the eligibility of the applicant and requires filling a questionnaire and submitting some documents like the essay, volunteer hours, etc.
- The different types of awards include:
- Entrance awards - More than 150,000 CAD awarded to new incoming students
- In-school awards - More than 600,000 CAD awarded to students based on study area, academic achievement, community involvement and financial need.
Cambrian College Alumni Network
- Cambrian College has a network of over 60,000 alumni residing all over the world.
- The College offers a number of benefits and services to the members of the alumni association. Some of these include:
- Home and auto insurance program in tie up with the TD insurance
- MBNA Mastercard with no annual fee
- Life and medical insurance program in tie up with Manulife
- Commercial insurance, auto fleet and bonding in tie up with PBL Insurance Ltd.
- Exclusive discounts and special offers in the Ashley Homestore located in Sudbury.
- Avail services of the library, computer lab, employment and career services, athletic centre, student life centre, etc inside the campus throughout their lives.
- Outstanding alumni of the College are honored with the Premier Award for their contribution and academic talent.
- The College engages in organizing events and reunions for the alumni to meet each other and stay connected.
- Some notable alumni of the College include:
- Will Morin - Canadian politician
- Glenn Thibeault - Former Member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario
- Brian Bigger - Canadian politician
- Bryan Hayes - Former Canadian MP
- Barry Ace - Multimedia artist
Cambrian College Placements
- Cambrian College engages in organising fairs and events each semester for the employers and students to participate in job opportunities.
- The major online career and job portals include myCareer Job Bank and Be Your Own Boss.
- The salary ranges 30,200 CAD to 534,000 CAD and the median salary for the students which they can earn is 112,000 CAD per year.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
My college offered courses which peaked my interest and the knowledge I have been lacking in a workspace. Very friendly staff here to help with the students benefits and career. Especially for an international student the location helps them to understand the new country. The first program I chose was Organizational management which was a course not many colleges offered but helped me to understand how to work in an organization. Right now I’m about to graduate my second program soon.
Course Curriculum :
I chose business management courses because that peaked my interest. The business faculties in the college are staffs who teach not only how to complete the course but also very helpful for a new international student .
My cousin is an alumnus of this college and he was the one who recommended it to me and upon researching it myself I was quite impressing by it's diversity and the level of hands-on curriculum being offered here, hence I decided to join it. I applied here through the online portal of the official website of the college by paying somewhere around $100.
Course Curriculum :
The program allowed me to learn all key business functions including finance, accounting, human resources, business development and many more. In the program, we took other Business programs that allowed us to seamlessly transition for good. Some of the main courses that I got to study in this program were Business Mathematics, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Business Decisions, Operations Management, and Applied Marketing.
I was very confused while choosing a college for myself, so I went to a consultancy agency who helped me pick our a handful of suitable college as per my preference and among them I really liked this college as the college was well known for it's satisfactory students and the student reviews also said the same thing. To apply here, I submitted an online application form and paid an application fee of $95.
Course Curriculum :
Through the curriculum, I'm gaining skills, knowledge, and clinical experiences to take on nursing roles in hospitals, long-term care settings, community care settings, and have the opportunity to consider exciting national and international career opportunities.
I was looking for a nice, inexpensive college in the Canada to pursue my education. Then I learned about Lee University through the internet. I submitted online application to the university's official website. I had spent around $95 on the application form. My bachelor's degree had a decent grade, which helped me gain acceptance here.
Course Curriculum :
It was a well-balanced and adaptable program. Less lecturing and more communication and conversation was followed by all the professors. I found each and every class to be extremely informative and fascinating. My oral and written comprehension skills greatly developed as a result of this program. Throughout the curriculum, I was required to complete practical experiments and tasks.
I want to do my education from Canada because my brother has already done an MBA in the Canada and is doing well in his profession. I was motivated by this and applied to several top colleges here, and got accepted in this one. I applied via an online application form and paid the $95 application fee.
Course Curriculum :
It was 2 year program that included a wide range of business topics such as statistics, economics, finance, management, organisational behaviour and leadership, diversity, and analytics, to name a few. We also attended guest seminars, conferences, and activity sessions.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary