Diploma (Civil Engineering Technician)
International Student Tution
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technician at Cambrian College is a program that can be completed in 2-years or 4-semesters.
- The Teacher to Student ratio is 1:19 which helps increase interaction between professors and students.
- Students have to participate in a two-week field camp at the end of the second semester (CSA approved safety boots mandatory).
- Students can get opportunities for Practical learning through clubs and competitions.
- For this course, Faculty are well Industrial experienced.
- Students get a lot of hands-on experience in the modernized lab.
- Some of the main courses that students will study in this program are:
- Surveying I
- Construction Technology
- Engineering Graphics
- Soil Mechanics I
- Basic Hydraulics
- Students can get a membership with OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists) to become certified as a C.Tech. (Certified Technician)
- CANstruction competition – Students compete against other organizations in the community to design and build a 3D structure out of food cans.
- Graduates from this program may continue their studies at college/university and may receive credit for their prior College education.
- After completion of this program, Students get job opportunities like:
- construction design
- Planning Artist
- Construction Analyst, etc.
|Degree Type Offered||Diploma|
|Fees||$ 41559 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students who want to get admission in this college must be 75% or above in the academic average.
- Students must qualify to obtain their OSSD(Ontario Secondary School Diploma).
- Ontario High School applicants require the following Grade 12 credits:
- Any grade 12 English (C) or (U)
- Any grade 12 mathematics (C) or (U) (MCT4C is highly recommended)
- Any grade 12 physics (C), (U)
- Computer competency in relevant software
- Students must be 19 years or older before the beginning of classes.
- Students who are graduated from Ontario Secondary Schools and who have obtained their diploma (OSSD) or certificate (OSSC) may be considered for admission on an individual basis for some programs delivered at the College.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The students must have completed 10th and intermediate i.e 12th grade which has the minimum with 70% marks.
- The minimum qualification required to attend this program is a higher secondary school certificate.
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Books and Supplies||$1,291||$1,291||$1,291|
|Health Insurance And Other Ancillary Fees||$888||$888||$888|
Cost is for the first year of the program.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 3750|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$ 20174||Yes||N/A|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- All non-Canadian potential students must apply for a Student VISA to study in Canada.
- Students cannot study in Canada without this visa.
- This is issued by the Canadian Embassy, Consulate, or High Commission office closest to the place of residence.
- Applications and further information are available from any Canadian Embassy office or from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
- Cambrian's on-campus Work-Study program provides full-time, post-secondary students with an opportunity to work part-time on campus while attending class.
- Starting as an On-Campus student is a great first step to a possible career with Cambrian.