Diploma (Design and Visual Arts)
International Student Tution
- Diploma in Design and Visual Arts at Cambrian College is a program that can be completed in 2-years or 4-semesters.
- The Teacher to Student ratio is 1:18 which helps increase interaction between professors and students.
- In the first year of the program, students will go through with the courses like :
- A diverse cross-section of style and media
- Two - and three - dimensional design
- Illustration and graphic design
- Digital photography
- Multimedia artwork.
- The intensive year helps students to find a wide range of media, subjects, and styles to strengthen creative and artistic talents.
- In the second year, students are asked to choose work in an area of specialization such as drawing/illustration/painting, painting/mixed media/3D work, printmaking/mixed media, digital photography/multimedia, or students may find the whole range of media opportunities with the work program.
- Students will be guided and advised throughout these studio courses by practicing artists, as well as working and learning with the faculty and gallery coordinators of the college's Open Studio gallery, and developing personal project-based work towards an end-of-year exhibition.
- Open Studio Art Gallery – Students will showcase their artwork in a graduate exhibition by working with the gallery Coordinators throughout the school year, at Cambrian's Open Studio gallery.
- Art installations – Students get the opportunity to collaborate with students from Design programs and all Creative Arts to participate in creative group projects, including creating and that will help beautify public space.
- Students who are graduate from this program may continue their studies at college and may receive credit for their prior College education.
- The Careers after graduation are
- Graphic Design
- Visual Arts
- Fine Art industries.
|Degree Type Offered||Diploma|
|Fees||$ 27402 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students who want to get admission in this college must be 75% or above in the academic average.
- Students must qualify to obtain their OSSD(Ontario Secondary School Diploma) with 30 credits in it.
- Ontario High School applicants require the following Grade 12 credits:
- Any grade 12 English (C) or (U)
- There is no portfolio requirement for admission to this program.
- Students must be 19 years or older before the beginning of classes.
- Students who are graduated from Ontario Secondary Schools and who have obtained their diploma (OSSD) or certificate (OSSC) may be considered for admission on an individual basis for some programs delivered at the College.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The students must have completed 10th and intermediate i.e 12th grade which has the minimum with 70% marks.
- The minimum qualification required to attend this program is a higher secondary school certificate.
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2|
|Books and Supplies||$1,139||$1,139|
|Health Insurance And Other Ancillary Fees||$888||$888|
Cost is for the first year of the program.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 3750|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$ 20174||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- All non-Canadian potential students must apply for a Student VISA to study in Canada.
- Students cannot study in Canada without this visa.
- This is issued by the Canadian Embassy, Consulate, or High Commission office closest to the place of residence.
- Applications and further information are available from any Canadian Embassy office or from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
- Cambrian's on-campus Work-Study program provides full-time, post-secondary students with an opportunity to work part-time on campus while attending class.
- Starting as an On-Campus student is a great first step to a possible career with Cambrian.
Career and Placement after Course
Musicians and Singers