Diploma (Chemical Technology)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must complete Grade 12 with a minimum of 60% in each of the following subjects from a recognized college or institution:
- English Language Arts A30
- English Language Arts B30
- Chemistry 30 and Pre-Calculus 30.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The Diploma in Chemical Technology Technology at Saskatchewan Polytechnic is offered as 2 years program.
- It is an on-campus nationally accredited program offered on a full-time basis.
- The program is designed to give students a well-rounded foundation in scientific principles and analytic practices essential building blocks for a flexible career.
- Students will build knowledge and skills in:
- analytical instrumentation
- organic, physical, analytical, and environmental chemistry
- handling and manipulating chemicals
- laboratory quality control and assurance
- recording, processing, and reporting data
- The learning process is hands-on due to which students spend almost as much time in labs as in the classroom and they will apply the skills that they have learned during a 4-week industry research project.
- University accepts 24 students each year in this program.
- Class hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm daily.
- On average students are expected to complete 20 hours of homework each week outside class time.
- The average salary of the program goes up to 38,000 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Diploma|
|Fees||27005 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||September (Deadline - May 1)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Criminal Record Check - Details will be provided at the time the students are offered admission to the program.
- Students have to submit English Language requirement scores like TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
|September||May 1, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Food||$6900|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$20174||Yes||N/A|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$150||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete. students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e the offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity (Valid Passport)
- Proof of financial support
- International students are permitted to work on campus at Sask Polytech as a full-time student if they have a valid study permit
- Some international students are also eligible to work off-campus if they meet the eligibility criteria outlined by IRCC while they study.
- Recent changes in Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) policies allow international students to use the skills obtained at Saskatchewan Polytechnic and put them to use in the Canadian work context.
- Students that graduate from Saskatchewan Polytechnic programs are also eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit. This allows the student to work after graduation to gain valuable work experience in Canada.
- Sask Polytech offers 40+ part-time programs with flexible delivery options.
Career and Placement after Course
Possible career opportunities are:
- Chemical Technologists and Technicians
- Assistant Manager
- Chemical Process Operator
- Construction Project Manager
- Data Analyst
- District Sales Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Operations Manager