Canadian Mennonite University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Located in Winnipeg, Manitoba is a place of great economic importance and is one of the most affordable cities in Canada. Founded in 2000, Canadian Mennonite University is religiously affiliated to Mennonite Church Canada and the Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba. CMU has Menno Simons College operating under its name and is situated on the University of Winnipeg campus. CMU’s faculty, staff and students work to improve the health and wellbeing of people around the world through the discovery and application of knowledge. CMU offers four bachelor degrees and graduate degrees with majors in 19 different subjects and pre-professional studies in around 26 subjects.
- Ranked #3 on meta rankings by LanguageCourse site.
- Ranked #61 among various universities in Canada.
- Ranked 126 at country level by Webometrics.
|Cost of Attendance||22,693|
|Admission Portal||Online Application|
|Intake||Fall/ Winter/ Spring/ Summer|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||1:18|
Canadian Mennonite University Campus
CMU, a small, Christian, liberal arts university laid its foundation in the year 2000.
- The campus stretches up to 43 acres of land.
- Nearly 200 undergraduate students live on campus.
- CMU Student Council is the exclusive student organisation that represents all students.
- Student Affairs has more than offices that cater to various needs of the students including leadership development, residential programs, public service, career exploration and community engagement.
Residence Facilities at Canadian Mennonite University
Around 200 of the UG students are currently utilizing on-campus accommodation. Students can also opt for off-campus accommodation.
- Students need to fill the online housing application form by May 30 to avail the on-campus housing offered by CMU.
- Students are presented with three options for on-campus accommodation which include apartments, shared dormitory rooms, and single dorm rooms, etc.
- Students are required to participate in an apartment meal plan once every week.
Programs offered at Canadian Mennonite University
Programs are offered at Canadian mennonite University for four undergraduate degrees, i.e., Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Administration, Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Music Therapy are offered in around 19 subject areas.
- CMU offers MA degrees in Divinity, Theological Studies, Christian Ministry, and in Peacebuilding and Collaborative Development, MBA, and *doctorate* across – subject areas at masters and doctoral levels, respectively.
- International students are mandatorily required to attend the International Student Orientation after arriving in Winnipeg.
- Within all degree programs, there is a practical component that enables students to learn through community and work engagement and thus assist students on the path of career.
- Application portal: Undergraduate Application and Graduate Application
- Application Fee: 150 CAD (non-refundable)
- Basic Admission Requirements:
- Original Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Scores of Standardized Exams to study in Canada
|Level of Education||Indian Students||Chinese students||Sri-Lankan students|
|High school Level||7/10 or 53/100 or second-class division||4/5 or 75||64.9/100|
|College Level||60/100||CGPA of 4.5 or 80||80%|
English proficiency Requirements:
|English Proficiency Test||Minimum Required score|
|Semester||Undergraduate Deadlines||Graduate Deadlines|
|Fall semester||May 1||March 31|
|Winter semester||August 10||June 30|
|Spring/ Summer semester||-||January 31|
Supporting documents: statement of interest and intent, confidential reference forms, official transcripts of school and college level, resume, Study Permit, eTA or Visitor Visa
Cost of Attendance
International students are required to make advance deposit of at least the first semester at the time of admission. Students will be allowed to attend the classes only after the advance deposit has been made. Following are the various fees related to UG and PG courses:
|Budget Item||Undergraduate Amount (CAD)||Graduate Amount (CAD)|
|Student Services Fees||800||800|
|Books & Fees||2,100||2,100|
|Room & Board||6,600||6,600|
|Health Insurance Fee||789||789|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
The university offers scholarships for international students to afford study in Canada. International students can apply for scholarships but they can not get full tuition scholarships as per the conditions but they can apply for specialised awards and scholarships.
- International students should note that they are not eligible for leadership scholarship or academic entrance scholarship. Remaining scholarships are academic merit award, music merit award, business merit award, science merit award and many more.
- More than 50% of the students receive financial aid in one or the other form.
- Application for scholarship should be made by February 28 by UG students.
- Students can also apply for on-campus and off-campus employment while their study at CMU.
Alumni of CMU are given the Alumni Benefit Cards using which the alumni can avail on-campus discounts at CommonWord Bookstore and Resource Centre, folio café, meals, meeting rooms, conference rates discounts, blazer home games; course audit discounts; library resource access; job boards, etc.
Some of the notable alumni are: Rudy Wiebe- author, professor, University of Alberta; Beth Goobie- poet and fiction writer; Cameron Friesen- Canadian politician and MLA of Manitoba for Modern Winkler.
CMU prepares the students for the professional world by teaching them the art of resume making, cover letters attending interviews and so on.
CMU assists students in placements by offering them the Practicum Program and connecting them to over 500 local and international community partners.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I have my uncle's house in Winnipeg and he suggested to me about the college. He also presented me with the admission details and other details from the college. I have applied to the college online by filling up the application form that costs around $150. Further details were mailed to my email by the college authority.
Course Curriculum :
The student can choose to do the course online or on campus. The main focus of the course is the increase of sales and production. Concepts of marketing are also dealt with in the course. Management and administration are also covered in the course as well.
After completing my B.B.A in India with an average CGPA of 8.75, I was looking at colleges to learn the business. The first thing on my mind was M.B.A but I dropped the plan because it would nearly take 2 years and I was looking for some quick alternative and that was when I found my college. With an application fee of almost $150, I applied through the online application. I wanted a college in Canada because I have a relative who wished me to handle his business therefore, I opted for this college.
Course Curriculum :
The program is very well structured and helped me in my overall development, unlike many MBA programs that focus only on developing technical skills. I personally felt that the Collaborative MBA program that includes additional emphasis on personal formation, competency, relationships, and business without harm to people or the environment was one of great importance and a key feature of the curriculum.
Small class sizes/school size. I could do sciences and theology at the same place. I wanted somewhere closer to home, so I stayed within the province (I'm from rural Manitoba, so we have to move no matter what) but I wanted a small school where people were actually known as people and not numbers.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum was great for absolutely all my classes, across disciplines, and executed well by all of my professors. I have nothing negative to say about it. I think that a good curriculum can be done badly, but if profs care about their students, they will educate them well.
It is close to home. It also has a really good rep in my city because it is a small school so the class sizes are smaller. One time I only had four people in my lab - it was great! The community at the school is also very positive.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum is very relevant. The professors do a great job of presenting the material and making sure that they are consistent in their testing. I think that CMU should get a fully registered nursing program, and not just prenursing.
I choose CMU because the classes are a small size and the professors take time to learn your name. Due to small class sizes, the professors can offer extra time after class to answer any questions you might have and can provide extra help if needed.
Course Curriculum :
I think that the course curriculum is appropriate. It applies to the courses that are being studied and are well rounded and carefully thought out. The topics looked at are relevant and are up to date.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary