MacEwan University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1971, MacEwan University is famous for providing an excellent education for more than 40 years to students in Canada as well as globally. The university is rich in culture and provides a transformative education. The university is also famous for providing education which is focused internationally, and also collaborates with other international colleges and universities.
MacEwan University offers more than 65 programs ranging from undergraduate degrees, certificates, diplomas and degree transfer programming aiming at excellent academics partnered with excellent personal experiences. The university also offers a very high number of diploma degree programs which are 43 in number. MacEwan University offers education to more than 60% of women.
MacEwan University is ranked:
- The 4th most sustainable university in Canada.
- A+ grade for instructor’s teaching style and class size by Globe and Mail’s Canadian University Report.
MacEwan University Campus
- The university currently has 2 campuses, one City Center Campus and another Alberta College Campus.
- The institute has a Student Association where one can find more than 100 academic, activist and interest-based groups such as Anthropology Club, LGBTQ club, etc. as well as political groups.
- The campus has a lot of facilities and has carried on various projects as well such as centre for professional nursing education, clinical simulation centre, social innovation institute, MacEwan International, and Ukrainian Resource Development Centre.
- Other services offered by the institute include Food carts, cafeterias, independent and chain outlets, MacEwan University Health Centre (MUHC), 2000 parking stalls at City Center, John L. Haar Library, and much more.
- In 2011, the city center campus also established a university service center and Allard Hall in 2017.
MacEwan University Residence
- MacEwan University offers several options for domestic as well as international students to choose from their residential options.
- Some of the options that the university offers are: double studio, two-bedroom suite, four bedroom suite, and bachelor suite.
- The residential fee includes the cost of furnished suites, electricity, heat, water and Wi-Fi. Each room will have single beds, dressers, desks, chairs, wardrobe, shared/private bathrooms and kitchenettes.
- All the residence halls provide amenities such as games room, social lounges, study lounges, theatre, wellness services, food services and muchmore.
- Students have to go through an application process to get accommodation at the university premises. The application fee for the same is CAD 50.
- The university also offers guest accommodation on a guest-only floor in downtown Edmonton.
MacEwan University Programs
- The university offers full-time programs, part time programs, along with online and distance learning programs.
- The faculty and schools at the university are faculty of arts and science, faculty of fine arts and communication, faculty of health and community studies, faculty of nursing, school of business, and school of continuing education.
- In general, the University offers 8 four-year bachelor programs, 2 applied degrees, as well as 43 diploma and certificate programs. Some of the famous programs at the university are bachelor of design, accounting and commerce.
- The programs or courses are backed by industry professionals who help students to excel in their respective fields.
- Online courses are also available at MacEwan University.
MacEwan University Application Process
Application Portal: All students are required to fill the online application form through the official college website, apply section. Students are advised to apply early.
Application Fee: 110 CAD
|All (September)||Winter (January)||Spring/Summer (May/June)|
|October 1||February 1||May 1|
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Financial support evidence
- English Proficiency test scores.
- Program-specific requirements.
- Interviews/ auditions
English Proficiency Test Scores
|Tests accepted||Minimum scores|
|TOEFL (IBT)||86 or above|
|IELTS||5.5 (a minimum score of 5.5 in each band.)|
|PTE||59 overall (a minimum score of 56 in each band.)|
|DET||115 or above|
|Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)||70 or above|
|Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)||overall score of 85 and a minimum score of 80 in GCVR|
|Test in Practical English Proficiency (EIKEN)||Grade 1|
MacEwan University Costs of Attendance
Before deciding to study in one of the Canadian universities, one must estimate the average cost of living in Canada. Tabulated below are the expenses one needs to incur on a monthly basis to study at MacEwan University. The tuition fees for international students are based on credits. Other fees include the service fees and course specific fees which can be checked online.
|Expense||Monthly cost in CAD|
|Tuition fee (18 credits)||12,060|
|Locker fee (term)||20|
|Housing- MacEwan Residence||988-1,300|
|Non-Program International Student Service||50|
Cost of transportation is covered in tuition fee as the institute provides UPass.
MacEwan University Financial Aid
- Many options are available for students to finance their education at the MacEwan University.
- Some of the options include student loans, scholarships specifically for international students, bursaries, awards among others.
- Students need to apply for these scholarships through the official portal of the university.
- Student loans and part time funding is also available and can be checked online.
- Some of the scholarships are given below:
|Scholarship||Criteria||Value||No. of Awards|
|CFCW||Outstanding academic achievement; enrolment in a full time program; preference to women||CAD 1000||2|
|Aaron Michael Memorial Bursary||Enrolment in full time program/diploma/certificate program; Completed one trimester of study; Showing the need of the bursary||CAD 600||1|
|4-H Alberta Scholarships||Member of Alberta Club; Successful applicants must provide proof that they are attending a post secondary institution as a full time student.||Varies||Varies|
MacEwan University Alumni Network
- The alumni association offers many benefits and services to the alumni of the university such as discount on room rentals, music events for only CAD 5.00/ticket, career services, 25% off annual or monthly memberships at the Christenson Family Centre, and much more.
- The university offers distinguished alumni awards and many of its alumni are constantly in the news.
- Some of the notable alumni include: Nate Leuck, musician and composer, DR Jennifer Lavers, researcher and lecturer.
MacEwan University Placements
- At MacEwan University, over 30 programs provide students with Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities.
- Journalism students have honed their skills at the Edmonton Journal, CBC (Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Yellowknife) and CHED Radio.
- The university has a Career Development & Experiential Learning where students can look for job placements and learn employment skills.
FIND A PROGRAM
It's a popular university on my city, all my friends go here and it had my program of choice the admission process was simple I just submitted it got conditionally accepted and I had to spend roughly 200$ and for my first semester was about 2500$ I passed grade 12 with a 70-75% average and I got conditionally accepted and eventually accepted.
Course Curriculum :
I like it all my courses are fun and very interesting, they are all very easy to learn and study as well
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary