Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Electrical Engineering)
International Student Tution
- Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering at McGill University allows students to complete this course in 1.5 years.
- Students need to complete 45 credits successfully to graduate from this program.
- There are two options to complete this program. They are thesis-based and non-thesis based or project-based.
- The Department of Engineering Studies offers M.Eng and Ph.D. programs that attract students from all over the world.
- The students to faculty ratio for this program is 16:1.
- The M.Eng in Electrical Engineering offers advanced training in the critical, historical, and theoretical analysis of:
- Bioelectrical Engineering
- Telecommunications and Signal Processing
- Integrated Circuits and Systems
- Nano-Electronic Devices and Materials
- Computational Electromagnetics
- The research interests and facilities of the Department are very extensive, involving more than 50 faculty members
- The Department is equipped with state-of-the-art experimental laboratories and there are numerous multidisciplinary research projects, so students are provided with an ideal environment to develop new technologies, discover novel phenomena, and design revolutionary devices.
- Undertaking this program at McGill University provides students with an opportunity to conduct intensive research under the supervision of researchers who are leaders in their field.
- The job opportunities after this program that students get are:
- Power Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Transit Technology Systems Engineer
- Industrial Electronics Specialist
- Medical Device Developer, etc., with an average salary of 47,250 USD.
- The Master of Engineering degree (thesis option) involves graduate-level courses and an externally examined thesis.
- This program is research-oriented and the thesis is expected to involve a thorough examination of a topic of current interest in a research area within the Department.
- The program is ideal preparation for a Ph.D. degree or an industrial research career.
- The Master of Engineering degree (project option) involves graduate-level courses and an internally examined research project.
- The program is oriented more toward professional development than the thesis option.
- The project is of significantly less scope than a thesis and includes options such as a technical review, a design project, or a small-scale research project.
- Students are provided with a very solid background in electrical and computer engineering, both in terms of breadth across the entire field and depth in the area of specialty.
- Graduates frequently pursue careers in research and development. A part-time program is possible.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 38208 for 1.5 yearsor 45 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Jan 15)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Aug 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have an Honours degree in Engineering.
- Students holding a degree whether in Engineering or another discipline may also be eligible for admission.
- A GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0 is required to apply for this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Indian students need to maintain an overall average of 60% in each year.
- The minimum GPA required is 3.0/4.0 or students must have B grade in their degree.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Followings are the required document:
- Official Transcripts: Students have to submit a copy of their original transcripts.
- Letters of Reference: Students have to submit two letters of recommendation.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL or other test scores.
|fall||Jan 15, 2021|
|winter||Aug 1, 2021|
Closed for applications.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #62 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Sandhya and Swati Sharma MBA Leadership Award||$ 7823||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management||Variable||Yes||Apr 1, 2020|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
|QS Scholarship for Academic Excellence||$ 10000||Yes||Apr 30, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
- International applicants who are applying for a Canadian Student VISA are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa or ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- Students need these documents for student visa application:
- Proof of Acceptance
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Financial Support
- Work while studying International students on the study visa are still able to work 20 hours/week.
- Students can work part-time up to 20 hours a week combined on-campus and off-campus work during an academic session and full-time during a regularly scheduled break.