Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Mechanical Engineering)
International Student Tution
- MEng Mechanical Engineering at McGill University allows students to complete this course in 1.5 years.
- Students must have to complete 45 credits successfully to complete this Mechanical Engineering Master’s Program.
- The M.Eng program requires the completion of technical complementary courses, a seminar course, and a thesis.
- This McGill’s Mechanical Engineering program focus on main research areas:
- Aerodynamics and fluid mechanics
- Combustion and energy systems
- Design and manufacturing
- Dynamics and control
- Materials and structures
- Vibrations, acoustics, and fluid-structure
- Mechanical engineers from McGill University are traditionally concerned with the conception, design, implementation, and operation of mechanical systems.
- This program prepares students for either an industrial research career or further academic research at the Ph.D. level.
- The students to faculty ratio for this MEng Mechanical Engineering program at McGill University is 16:1.
- The Department of Engineering contains state-of-the-art experimental facilities and has extensive computational facilities.
- Students also design machines that produce these innovations.
- The job/career opportunities after this program are Aerospace engineer, Automotive engineer, CAD technician, Contracting civil engineer, Control and instrumentation engineer, Maintenance engineer, etc.
- The average salary after this program is 39,000 USD to 46,500USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 38208 for 1.5 yearsor 45 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Jan 15)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Aug 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students who applied for this program must hold an undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0/4.0 [B+ Grade].
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The minimum requirements are an overall average of 60% in each year, as well as in all prerequisite subjects.
- Subjects must include mathematics, chemistry, and physics in Class 11 and 12.
- GPA of 3.0/4.0 [B Grade].
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Followings are the required document:
- Official Transcripts: Students have to submit a copy of their original transcripts.
- Letters of Reference: Students have to submit two letters of recommendation.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL or other test scores.
|fall||Jan 15, 2021|
|winter||Aug 1, 2021|
Closed for applications.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #62 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Sandhya and Swati Sharma MBA Leadership Award||$ 7823||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
|Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award||$ 2500||Yes||Dec 23, 2020|
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 31, 2021|
|Saryu Doshi Graduate Fellowships in Liberal Arts & Sciences||$ 4078||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International applicants who are applying for a Canadian student visa are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa or ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- Students need these documents for student visa application:
- Proof of Acceptance
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Financial Support
- Work while studying International students on the study visa are still able to work 20 hours/week.
- Students can work part-time up to 20 hours a week combined on-campus and off-campus work during an academic session and full-time during a regularly scheduled break.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/job opportunities after MEng Mechanical Engineering:
- Aerospace engineer.
- Automotive engineer.
- CAD technician.
- Contracting civil engineer.
- Control and instrumentation engineer.
- Maintenance engineer.
One of my friends recommended me this college as he was also applying in the same college. Upon doing a thorough reseach myself, I found that this university is among the top university and a degree from here is vauled on high standard. I was required to submit an online application form to get admission along with which I even paid 114 CAD application fee. Mu bachelors score of 9.2 helped me a lot in securing my set.
Course Curriculum :
My course covered lot of subjects like Statics and dynamics, Materials engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Machine Design. These complex topics somehow helped me require new strategies, technologies, and approaches into the field of science. Curriculum was very up to date according to the industry standards.
One of the top universities in Canada, especially for Mechanical Engineering and Biomechanics which is my field of research. Affordable, tuition fee is less compared to all the other universities. Montreal is a very nice city for student life.
Course Curriculum :
Curriculum is well designed according to the needs of students. There is a lot of flexibility in terms of courses. Highly research oriented.