Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Mechanical Engineering)
Offered by School of Graduate Studies, Memorial University of Newfoundland
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- The MEng in Mechanical Engineering at the Memorial University of Newfoundland is a 2-year program.
- This program is offered on a full-time basis.
- The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science at Memorial University offers a thesis-based Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.
- Students may pursue graduate studies in mechanical engineering in areas such as:
- Computer-aided design
- Fatigue and fracture mechanics
- Fluid dynamics
- Heat transfer
- Product development
- Resource utilization
- Robotics and many more
- The MEng program normally takes two years to complete and it consists of at least four courses, a seminar course, and a thesis.
- This program gives facilities include automation and control, computer, fluids, heat transfer, and structures laboratories.
- The program also gives specialized facilities include a low-speed wind tunnel, SEM and XRD material characterization equipment, a multiphase flow loop, cold rooms, wave/tow tank, and x-ray imaging, and a mechatronics laboratory.
- There is also a manufacturing technology and rapid product development center.
- The laboratories are supported by on-site technical services, which include a large machine shop and numerically-controlled machining facilities.
- The student-faculty ratio of this college is 16:1.
- The students may have job opportunities in:
- Computer systems analyst
- Web developer
- Data scientist
- The acceptance rate of the Memorial University of Newfoundland is 67%.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||9256 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Dec 1)|
|Offered By||School of Graduate Studies, Memorial University of Newfoundland|
Required Document List
The following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Official Transcript: Submit copies of an official transcript from post-secondary institutions attended in PDF format.
- Official Degree Certificate: It provides proof of degree completion and must be an original copy issued by the institution with an official stamp or seal.
- Personal Statement: This is a short statement (approximately one page) that details the reason for pursuing graduate studies with this department and their research interests.
- Statement of Intent: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|fall||Dec 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room And Board||$5418|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 31, 2021|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$4000||Yes||N/A|
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students can work for 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks as per work-study norms.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, the students will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
Career and Placement after Course
- Machine design
- Manufacturing plant management
- Robotics design
- Renewable energy systems
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
The thought of studying in a small class size and interacting with my faculty members on regular basis encouraged me to apply for this university. My education counselor also recommended this university to me, so I decided to apply here by paying $120 while submitted my application form online.
Course Curriculum :
Our MEng program consisted of at least four courses, a seminar course, and a thesis. With the program, I was given facilities such as automation and control, computer, fluids, heat transfer, and structures laboratories. The program also gave us specialized facilities including a low-speed wind tunnel, SEM and XRD material characterization equipment, a multiphase flow loop, cold rooms, wave/tow tank, and x-ray imaging, and a mechatronics laboratory.