Mount Allison University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in the year 1839, Mount Allison University(MtA) is a small, primarily undergraduate Liberal Arts and Science University at Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada. Consistently ranked amongst the best undergraduate Canadian universities, Mount Allison offers 5 undergraduate degrees, certificate courses, and a graduate degree across 40 programs. The university offers flexibility to the students to create their own degrees with interdisciplinary opportunities. MtA is home to nearly 2100 students and some of the finest faculty from more than 50 countries around the world.
With a 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio, the average first and second-year class sizes are 41 and upper-year class sizes are 14 students. International Students willing to study in Canada have plenty of options when it comes to funding their education -
Mount Allison University holds the following rankings and awards from McClean’s magazine, 2020:
- #1 Undergraduate University in Canada 21 times in the past 29 years
- #4 in the national academic awards won by students.
- #1 in student satisfaction and #3 for its scholarships and bursaries
- #1 in the percentage of full-time instructional faculty with a Ph.D. or the highest degree in their field.
|No. of programs||40|
|Intake sessions||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Financial Aid||Scholarship, loans, grants, employment|
- The beautiful and historically rich Mount Allison University campus sprawls across a 76-acre campus on Canada's East Coast in the heart of Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.
- The architecturally significant buildings of the university include the Chapel, Gairdner Fine Arts building, the Marjorie Young Bell Conservatory of Music, the Ralph Pickard Bell Library, and the Harold Crabtree building.
- Owens Art Gallery is home to the oldest university art gallery in Canada. While the other galleries include Struts Gallery & FaucetMedia Arts Centre, and Motyer-Fancy theatre
- The university houses facilities like tennis courts, Ice rink, Playing fields, dance studio, fitness & athletic center to provide recreation to the students.
- MtA has 9 varsity teams, 8 club teams, 10 intramural sports in athletics and 150 student-run organizations
- The Mount Allison University offers on-campus accommodation facilities across 8 unique residences with a capacity of 70 to 200 residents.
- Students can apply for residence through the housing portal with a residence application fee of 50 CAD. The residence application opens on Nov.4
- All incoming students are guaranteed on-campus accommodation against the payment of 250 CAD as a registration deposit and 500 CAD towards housing deposit before May.
- More than 85% of first-year students live on campus
- The room types in the residences include single, single private ensuite, single shared ensuite, double, double ensuite and triple private ensuite ranging from 4896 CAD to 6,250 CAD
- All on-campus residential students are required to be on an all-access meal plan charged at 4981 CAD/year.
- The Mount Allison University offers undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs
- The 5 undergraduate degree options offered over 40 programs of study include Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Bachelor of Music
- The only graduate program offered by MtA is Master of Science in the majors of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry and other disciplines of Science
- Certificate programs are offered across Visual literacy and culture, Social research methodologies, Biopsychology and Diversity, Equity, and inclusion.
The application process for both the international and domestic students is similar except for a few additional requirements.
Application Portal: online admission application
Application Fee: 50 CAD
MtA follows a rolling admissions policy hence accepts applications throughout the year except for a few programs. The deadlines of these programs for both the domestic and international students are the same.
|Bachelor of Music||February 10|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts||February 15|
- Students must apply by March 1 to be considered for an entrance scholarship.
- General admissions open in January.
- Residence applications can be applied for till November4.
- Early admissions for September 2020 opened October 1, 2019.
- Completed online application with application fee payment
- Official academic transcripts sent from your school directly to Mount Allison University pertaining to
- last year of secondary school
- College/Higher National Diploma/university (if applicable)
- Officially English translations of documents notarized by a notary public.
- TOEFL/IELTS/ Cambridge test scores as proof of English proficiency
- Letter of Intent, updated resume(applicable only to mature students)
- Financial affidavits
Note: The admission requirements are also program dependent
The supporting documents can be uploaded in the application portal or emailed to email@example.com
Cost of Attendance
|Undergraduate Expenses||2020-21 Academic Year Cost (CAD)|
|Tuition and Fees||18,130|
Aviation students: 32,491CAD/year towards tuition fee in years two to four
Master of Science: Tuition fee:
- First six terms - 1,670 CAD/term
- Remainder terms - 670 CAD/term
- MtA awards more than 2 million CAD towards financial aid every year.
- International students graduating from New Brunswick and Nova Scotia high schools will be charged domestic tuition fees for the first two years of their degree program through the NBISP and NSISP programs respectively
- International students can apply for scholarships through their online application account along with the supporting documents before March 1
- Eligible international students with financial need can apply for entrance bursaries by submitting the entrance bursary applications before March 1
- The types of financial aid offered to international students include the following:
|Merit-based scholarship||Entrance, Designated, Awards, External|
|Need-based Financial Aid||Bursaries, government student loans, loans and credit lines from financial institutions|
|Student Employment||On-Campus Jobs, Off-Campus Jobs, Internships, Research|
Mount Allison University has a strong network of more than 25,000 alumni including many of Canada’s top business, cultural, and community leaders. The benefits enjoyed by MtA alumni include the following:
- Insurance Service: Insurance products and services offered at discount rates
- Saltscape Magazine: Discounted subscription
- Rodd Hotels and Resorts: With the special MtA promo code, 20% off the day's rate can be enjoyed at 8 locations of Rodd Hotels and Resorts in Atlantic Canada
- Diploma frames, official transcripts, and MtA Swag’s products can be delivered right to the door
Herménégilde Chiasson (Poet, Journalist & Writer), Edwin H. Colpitts (Scientist & Electrical Engineer) and John Matheson (Judge, Politician & Lawyer) are few notable alumni of the university.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I wanted to study at Mount Allison University for two reasons. One is its diversity and the second reason being that Mount Allison University was ranked no. 1 university in Canada. Being a rank holder of my high school and having scored a good grade, it became easier for me to apply here. I paid an application fee of $50.
Course Curriculum :
The course is designed in a way where it helps us in increasing our understanding of the structures and behavior of the matter of our environment. Main important topics like analytical, organic, inorganic, physical, computational, etc are being covered for us.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary