Master of Science [M.Sc] (Computer Science)
Course & Thesis Based
International Student Tution
- Exam University of British Columbia offers MSc in Computing Science with a duration of 2 years.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- Major Components of the program are:
- Algorithm design and analysis
- Artificial intelligence
- Data analytics
- Data science
- The program consists of two options: Thesis or project option
- University provides an option of internship, which students can take during their last year.
- Students are provided with opportunities to supplement their academic learning with co-op and study/work abroad.
- Students choosing the thesis option should complete at 18 credits of coursework and 12-credit MSc thesis.
- Similarly, students choosing the project option must take 24 credits of coursework and 6-credit MSc project.
- School of Computing Science at University of British Columbia ranks 1st according to MacLean’s 2020 in canada.
- The Student to faculty ratio of this program is 22:1.
- The admission rate of this program in this university is 52.4%.
- The Careers to follow after graduation are Information systems analysts and consultants, Database analyst and data administrators, Computer and information systems managers.., etc.
- The average salary goes up to 68,600 USD after completing this program.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- A bachelor’s degree of 4 years duration.
- Students must have 76% or Better marks in the third and fourth years of their undergraduate degree.
- Students must have a minimum of 12 credits in their Field of Study in the Third and Fourth year with 80% Marks.
- GRE is not required but the scores are considered.
- TOEFL or IELTS is mandatory for the students whose official language is not English.
Indian student requirments:
- A four-year Bachelor's Degree or a Master's degree.
- The bachelor’s degree with 65% marks or 8 on a 10-point scale.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Forestry or Medicine, Bachelor's degree.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of bachelor's and higher secondary degree.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
6.0 / 9
Avg. Score in
90 / 120
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 09 Mar, 2020 |
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 31 Mar, 2020 |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management|| Variable || Yes || 01 Apr, 2020 |
|FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship|| $20,000 || Yes || N/A |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Paul Foundation scholarships|| $20,174 || Yes || N/A |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
VISA & Work Study
- Student Visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- The student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Student Visa Process:
- Apply for admission with a DLI, pay the tuition fees and receive an acceptance letter from the DLI.
- Check if a study permit is required. eTA is required for all international applicants who wish to travel to Canada.
- Prepare all the documents required for applications
- Purchase GIC
- Apply for the applications
- Undertake the medical exams
- Schedule biometric appointment and interview.
- Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, they will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
The careers to follow after graduation:
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Database analyst and data administrators
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Web designers and developers
- Computer and information systems managers.., etc