The King's University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The King’s University is a private Canadian Christian University located in Edmonton, Alberta. It is accredited by the Government of Alberta, Universities Canada. It is known for its world-class and national award-winning professors.
It offers around 24 undergraduate degrees, diplomas, and certificates across 650+ courses including Accounting, Business, Environmental Management, Science, Drama, Social Sciences, Music, etc. It also offers a few graduate programs.
The King’s University also offers many joint degrees in partnership with Dalhousie University. It has a student population of 910 students with 7% international students.
|Average Class Size||22|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||22:1|
|International Student Tuition Fee||6,541 CAD|
|Financial Support||660,000 CAD|
|Website||The King’s University|
The King’s University Rankings
The King’s University has been ranked (2020 Rankings):
- 8964th in World ranking by Webometrics.
- Named the best small university in Canada - Maclean’s magazine.
- 138th in the Country by Webometrics
- Ranked A+ by 2012 Globe and Mail Canadian University Report.
The King’s University Campus
- The campus of the King’s University has a Fitness Centre, Level Coffee House, Cafeteria, Library, Workout Centre, Music Practice Rooms, Counselling, Wellness Support, Academic and Writing Support, etc.
- The student life for on-campus housing students is exciting with traditions, residence-wide events; or events such as board game nights, or host baking nights.
- Campaigns aiming to advocate the well-being of students such as WUSC Referendum, Free Menstrual Products, Gender Neutral Washrooms, etc. happens to target social issues.
- Events to break the ice or to connect with other students such as O-Week & Frost Week, Sophs & Dons, Club-Sponsored Events, etc. are organized frequently.
- Various student organizations and clubs that the students can join are available such as Business Management and Organizational Studies Association (BMOS) Club, King’s French Conversation Club, King’s Leadership Association, among many others.
The King’s University Residence
- Students have three options for on-campus housing: Tower Housing, Suite Housing and Apartment Housing.
- Tower Housing: Generally reserved for first-year students; single, double, and triple occupancy rooms; Furniture includes bed, wardrobe, bookshelves, en-suite bathroom, and a phone.
- Suite Housing: These are the most recent accommodation options available with two bedrooms with a washroom each, a full kitchen, cupboards, dining table, dressers, desks with chairs, cabinets, phones, beds, etc.
- Apartment Housing: Generally reserved for senior students. It is equipped with a kitchen, two washrooms, storage, shelves, desk, beds, pantry, dining space, coffee tables, etc. The apartment lounge is accessible to all students and has a TV, coaches, cable with streaming services, printing facilities, and study space.
- The housing facilities have amenities such as free high-speed Wi-Fi, Media Lounges, Study Lounges, Kitchen Lounge, Coinless Laundry, Free Parking, Level Coffee House, Cafeteria, Library, Workout Centre, Music Practice Rooms, Counselling, Wellness Support, Academic and Writing Support, etc.
The King’s University Programs
- The King’s University has 24 programs across 650+ courses - Bachelor Programs, Graduate (Dalhousie University), and Certificates & Diplomas.
- It also has a study abroad option for environmental studies in Costa Rica, India, Great Lakes, or the Pacific Rim; learning effects of development in Bangladesh, Netherlands Study Exchange, among many others.
- Some of the popular courses are Teacher, Literature, Political Science, Business Administration, etc.
- It offers many joint degrees in partnership with Dalhousie University.
The King’s University Application Process
Applicants can apply for the King’s University admissions by August 15 for the fall semester and December 1 for the Winter semester.
- Application portal: King’s Application Portal
- Application Fee: Non-refundable 140 CAD
- Supporting docs:
- Completed application
- Official School Transcripts
- Standard X: Photocopies acceptable, if certified
- Standard XII: Photocopies acceptable, if certified
- Relevant Test Scores
- Copy of Passport
- Personal essay
- Letters of recommendation (recommended)
- English Test Proficiency :
The King’s University Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for international students at the King’s University is tabulated below:
|Expenses(Per Term)||Cost (In-CAD)|
|Room & Board||2,000|
|Books and Supplies||650|
Other Expenses (In-CAD)
|International Student Fee||2,500|
|Student Health care plan||252|
*It includes Association, Service and Facilities, Publications, Fitness etc fee.
Housing Rates (Per Term in CAD)
|Tower Room Residence (double occupancy||1,900|
|Tower Suite Residence||2,000|
Meal Plans (Cost in CAD per Term)
|Basic Meal Plan||2,002|
|Limited Meal Plan||1,743|
|Suite Meal Plan||283|
The King’s University Financial Aid for International Students
King’s University provides various scholarships such as:
- Christian Credit Union Ltd. Scholarship: This scholarship requires an application, a minimum GPA of 1.7 for students enrolled in Bachelor of Commerce at the University. The reward is 1,000 CAD.
- Dr. Harry Cook Science Scholarship: This scholarship requires an application for students having a minimum GPA of 3.3, awarding them with 1,000 CAD. It is for students pursuing a Bachelor of Science program at the University.
- Durk and Janny De Jong Elementary Education: This scholarship requires an application, a minimum GPA of 3.0 for students enrolled in Bachelor of Education (Elementary) at the University. The reward is 1,500 CAD.
Some external scholarships available to the students are:
- Indspire’s Post-Secondary Education Scholarship: This is a scholarship provided to students who are enrolled in the University for post-secondary programs. Applications for this scholarship is accepted all times of the year
- St. John’s Legacy Scholarship: This scholarship offers a reward of 500 CAD to 4,500 CAD to multiple students showing academic excellence along with participation in extracurricular activities. Students from various programs can apply, provided they have an average of B grade.
- The Future Criminal Lawyer Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students pursuing law. Applicants are required to submit a short essay to apply for the scholarship.
Deadline to submit applications for the Scholarships: March 31
The King’s University Alumni
- Ronald A. Kuipers, Philosopher of religion at the Institute for Christian Studies in Toronto
- William Choy, Mayor of the Town of Stony Plain, Alberta
- Dr. Harold Jansen, Associate Dean at University of Lethbridge
Benefits for Alumni:
- Access to the Library
- Registry Services
- Discount on rental room rates
- Workout Centre Access
- Discount on show tickets for Broadway Across India
- The King’s Royalty Program – Christian Credit Union – benefits such as free banking, six months free safety deposit box, etc.
- Discounts on Cineplex tickets
- Discount across the City of Edmonton fitness and recreational facilities.
- Savings through lower preferred insurance rates on Deeks Insurance.
- Discount on Mabel’s Labels.
- A day pass to the world waterpark
The King’s University Placement
- The King’s University has career fairs and career counseling to make sure that the students get the right opportunities.
- It provides various internship opportunities for students to learn and add to their skill set. The groups such as The Mustard Seed, World Vision, and World Renew are in collaboration with different organizations to find the right opportunities for the students.
- 94% of the students post their graduation have employment.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I choose Birmingham because I got an early offer from this university and the credential requirements were also low and managable in worst case situations.
Course Curriculum :
I feel this course to be hard at times and challenging also, they expect us to do a lot of self study which at times I find not my cup of tea.
I opted for this college after failing to get a decent college in India so I decided to skip the option of studying in a private college in India and decided to look for affordable courses in Canada. While searching I found this course and applied online with an application fee of $100.
Course Curriculum :
The course contains the basic sciences and the basics of different engineering fields in the first year. Then It dives into some of the important concepts of computer science like system design, networking, programming and data structure, and algorithm.
For a Bachelors's degree, I particularly wanted a 4-year program and this was one of the only colleges in Canada offering such a course. The application can be made online and the application fees are $140. I received a reply within 2 weeks from the time of application. I was elated with such an early response and that was another reason that contributed towards my admissions decision.
Course Curriculum :
My curriculum provides a general framework for financial decision-making. It helps me examine financial and investment decisions from a corporation's perspective. It gives a comprehensive outlook and cutting-edge knowledge in management accounting. It helps me examine the economic role of financial statement auditing for public companies.
Literature was my dose of apple-pie at school. I was on cloud nine when my parents gave me the grant to pursue my bachelor's in English who were otherwise pushing me harder to opt for a degree in science. Even more, I was exhilarated when I finally managed to get their consent on my idea of studying abroad. While I applied to a couple of colleges in the UK and Canada, I decided to study at King's under the recommendation of one of my close relatives who is an alumnus of the institute. The application process was simple, I applied by creating an account to the ApplyAlberta application system. The application fee was $140.
Course Curriculum :
My routine in the college apart from those usual class hours includes participation in a lot of Workshops aiding personal growth, Student associations, and other clubs that provides an opportunity for international students like me to mix up with fellow mates and understand the culture and traditions followed in Canada.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary