University of Montreal Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
The University of Montreal, Canada is a French-language public research University located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada with a total enrollment of around 66,768 students in various Graduate Programs. The acceptance rate of the University is around 40-50% indicating a highly competitive and selective admission procedure.
- The academic session at the University of Montreal begins in fall, winter, summer and spring season.
- Interested candidates can apply by filling the online application form or through a paper application.
- Students applying through the paper application are sent a mail confirming receipt of the completed application. The same is followed for informing the applicants about the admission decision.
- Students who apply in Early action will be considered for scholarships.
- The admissions are open for the International students for different intake seasons as per the semester-based academic calendar.
- A few of the courses are offered only in the Fall season.
- Deadlines, admission process, application fee, online application portals, and decision notification vary for each course and session.
- The university offers a wide range of programs that are suitable for both French-speaking and non-French speaking students.
|Application Portal||Online portal|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||99.00 CAD|
|Mode of Payment||Visa/Master Card|
|Intake Seasons||Every quarter- Winter/Fall/Summer|
|Work Experience||Not Mandatory|
|Financial Aid||Work-study, loans, grants and Scholarships|
University of Montreal Application Deadlines
The applicants are advised to keep the following dates in mind before applying for the admission in the University. Check the deadlines for submitting your application. The official dates for submitting an application are detailed below:
|Fall Quarter||February 1|
|Summer Quarter||February 1|
|Winter Quarter||September 1|
University of Montreal Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Montreal, Canada is one of the prestigious French-language public universities well-known for its various courses in different disciples. The University currently offers various bachelor’s degree programs with multiple emphases and disciples. The admission criteria and procedure for different UG courses are mentioned below:
How to apply: The students can apply for admission using the common app or at the official website of the University.
Application fee: Students are required to pay the non- refundable application fee of $99.
- Students are required to submit the official test scores, high school academic transcripts and certificates.
- Upon graduation, a final high school transcript must be submitted.
- The University of Montreal is a French taught institution and almost all courses are held in French. French proficiency is strongly recommended. Some departments may require a higher level.
- Students must secure a minimum GPA of 3.0 over 4.3 in the last two years of their previous program.
- Applicants must submit at least one letter of recommendation from the home university’s (Academic Head, Advisor or other appropriate authority).
- The letter of recommendation must be submitted which highlights an applicant’s career objective and future goals.
- An official copy of a single official document listing the name of the student as well as the names of the parents
Language Proficiency for International Students
The University of Montreal is a French taught institution and almost all courses are held in French. French proficiency is strongly recommended. Some departments may require a higher level.
University of Montreal Graduate Admissions
The University of Montreal offers over 350 graduate programs in a wide range of disciplines. Given below are some of the popular graduate programs offered to students at the University of Montreal:
- Master’s in Biomedical Engineering
- Master’s in Business Law
- Master’s in Bioinformatics
- Master’s in Clinical Biochemistry
- Master’s in Computer Science
How to apply: The university accepts applications for graduate programs through its online application portal.
Application fee: 99.00 CAD
The academic requirements to get enrolled in various graduate programs are given below:
- It is essential to meet the general eligibility criteria (section 11) set by the Educational Regulation for graduate and postdoctoral programs.
- Students must have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field from the UdeM or an educational background that is deemed equivalent.
- Applicants must have obtained an undergraduate degree with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 over 4.3 (or the equivalent).
- International applicants are required to provide a copy of their birth certificate.
- Students must provide a copy of their last official transcript showing all grades, including uncompleted programs, courses or programs taken through university exchanges or by distance courses.
- Applicants must attach a copy of their official transcripts from the last year of secondary school and every subsequent year of studies, university or other.
- A letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, financial statement of support, Copy of Passport I-20 Application, Financial Affidavit, Official Bank Statement, Passport, and Visa Copy.
Popular Courses at the University of Montreal
University of Montreal, Canada is the most prestigious and reputed French public universities across the world. The acceptance rate of the University has gone down in the past few years which clearly states that the admissions have become fairly competitive and selective.
The University conducts a holistic evaluation of all documents submitted for review. Personal essays, Letters of recommendations and Statement of purpose play an important role in securing admission.