University of Quebec Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Known as the 'students city' the University of Quebec at Rimouski is one of the largest university networks in Canada. It is most commonly known as QUAR. Therange of acceptance is 80-90%. The selection of candidates is considered a selective process. By welcoming students from more than 40 countries, it approximately admits 7000 students annually. Amongst which more than 480 students are international students.
- The University of Quebec accepts applications for Summer, Fall and Winter sessions.
- In total 161 courses are available including the bachelor’s, post-graduation, Ph.D., etc.
- All aspiring candidates need to visit the official website to check in detail about the appropriate level of education and program of interest in order to seek University's admission requirements.
- The University requires fluency in French. So the candidates must go through all the guidelines equivalent to the requirement.
- To make students feel at ease, the University provides various admission and in-course scholarships, housing facilities, financial aid, etc.
- Foreign students should obtain legal permission to study in Canada timely.
- Students must not forget to book their accommodation on a priority basis.
|Start of the application process||Summer/Winter/Fall|
|End of the application process||Summer- May 24, 2019
Winter- February 13, 2020
Fall- October 10, 2019
|Admission fees||40.92 USD|
|Exam required||TOEFL (Test of English Language) or IELTS (International English language testing system)|
|Mode of application||Online portal|
|Mode of payment||Credit card/ cheque/ demand draft|
|Scholarship level||Undergraduate and Graduate|
University of Quebec Application Deadline
Application deadlines for various courses are laid down by the University on their official website. It is highly recommended that students should be specific about the same and check timely on their website and the portal for any new information.
International applicants are requested to complete their application within the period mentioned in the table given below. It is recommended that they submit their application files several months before the beginning of the program, taking into account all the paperwork and documentation for obtaining the necessary documents for entry into Canada.
|Intake Season||Application Process Begins||Application Deadline|
|Quater of Autumn, 2019||September 15, 2018||March 1, 2019: Enrollment Program;
April 30, 2019: Other programs
|Winter Quater, 2020||May 1, 2019||September 14, 2019|
|Summer Semester, 2020||December 15, 2019||March 1, 2020|
|Quater of Autumn, 2020||September 15, 2019||March 1, 2020: Enrollment programs;
April 30, 2020: Other programs
University of Quebec Undergraduate admissions
The university also welcomes international students from different countries. They offer multiple courses to choose from. To make the whole process feel at ease, the application steps are quite simple for all the applicants.
University of Quebec Admission Process
- The first and foremost step is that the candidate must choose his/her choice of course or degree level. Visit the official website of the University for all the relevant data.
- After selecting the same, the candidate should check the financial capacity for the required course. If any aid is required, the candidate must read all the criteria related to it.
- Complete the application procedure and submit it timely. It is wiser for international students to submit the application early than usual as other procedures take a lot of time.
- Once the University sends the acceptance letter, the international students should obtain legal permission to study in Canada.
- International students admitted to a study program or exchange program for a period of more than 6 months must obtain the residence permit.
- Some candidates are exempted from the Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ) and study permit.
- But depending upon the nationality, visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) may be required.
- The candidate should have a valid passport while applying for a residence permit.
- Students under the age of 18 are to be looked by a guardian residing in Quebec at their arrival at UQAR.
- After all these processes are done, the student should plan everything related to insurance, housing, etc. to arrive in Canada.
Application Portal: Online applications can be completed on QSAR’s online application portal.
Application Fee: 53.40 CAD
- General Conditions
- Diploma of college studies or equivalent to successfully completed 13 years of schooling, or
- Posses the required knowledge, appropriate training, and relevant experience, or
- An applicant must have successfully completed a number of University courses, the nature and number of which are determined by the University, depending on the concerned program.
- Students admitted to the bachelor’s degree in special education and social education must pass the French test before the beginning of the classes.
- Quota program is also available to admit the students but a deadline is set for the submission of applications.
Supporting Documents: Transcripts, Diplomas, Birth certificate
University of Quebec requirements for fluency in French
All applicants are subject to the provisions of the French language Master’s Certificate Policy.
- Candidates whose mother tongue is French
- A diploma of college studies (DCS) after 1998 obtained in a French-language college.
- A university degree from a French-language University corresponding to one of Quebec’s University degree.
- Certificate of general upper secondary education.
- An attestation of success in the test of uniform French, the language of instruction and literature, or other tests administered by the MELS.
- An attestation of passing a test from a French-language Quebec University.
- A certificate of completion of the French course provided by UQAR.
- Candidates whose mother tongue is not French
- These candidates must provide the UQAR Registrar’s office with attestation to an international French Test (TFI or TCF) recognized by UQAR.
- Candidates who get a threshold of 750 at the TFI or B2 at the TCF and who meet the eligibility criteria meet the legal requirement.
- If scored below the qualifying marks, the candidate has derived the admission.
- Once admitted, the candidate must take the UQAR French exam or convocation at the Undergraduate level.
- French Exam at UQAR
- The exam consists of writing of an argumentative text of 500 words in 3 hours, with a dictionary and grammar.
- The exam is conducted twice in a year, i.e. October and March
University of Quebec Graduate Admissions
The university offers various courses to choose from. Every course differs in a condition or two depending on the field of study.
Application Portal: QSAR’s online application Portal
Application Fee: 53.40 CAD
Some of the graduate courses along with the academic requirements for admission are mentioned below:
|Program in Education (Med)||Thesis optional, appropriate bachelor’s degree, proficiency in French|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, minimum GPA of 3.2 out of 4.3, work experience at least 4 years
Sufficient knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software as well as a command on English.
Additionally, the candidate must work in Quebec full-time while studying at MBA as practical work is related to the job.
|Master of Education (Professional profile)||Bachelor’s degree, minimum GPA of 3.2
Additionally, the candidate will have to meet the requirements of a selection interview and submit a letter of motivation stating his/her interest in the intervention project
|Masters of Science (MSc)||Appropriate bachelor’s degree, cumulative GPA of 3.2 out of 4.3, required knowledge, appropriate training and experience deemed relevant|
|Master of Engineering||Bachelor’s degree, minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2, proficiency in the French language
Possess the required knowledge, training and experience deemed relevant
|Wildlife resource management (MSc)||Appropriate bachelor’s degree, proficiency in French|
Supporting Documents: Transcripts, diplomas, Birth certificate, Letter to motivation, 3 reference letters and Resume.
Admissions to many courses are still open on the University website. In fact, some courses will start the intake by the mid of September. So, the students have time to look for all the aspects and make their decision accordingly. The students may seek further information by mail by filling the required details on the University website.