University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres established in 1969 and is located in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada. UQTR has trained over 80,000 graduates and welcomes around 14,350 students in three cycles of study in nearly 300 programs, many of which are unique in Quebec. With more than 90 online programs, UQTR is deployed outside the Trois-Rivieres campus with a campus in Drummondville and eight university centers spread across the province.
UQTR has developed expertise of International scope in several fields promoting the advancement of fundamental and applied knowledge. UQTR is distinguished by a dynamic university and regional life, original programs, innovative research projects, but above all by its warm welcome and the enviable size of its campus. In short, UQTR is a large university on the Human scale.
University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres Ranking
The university ranks as follows according to the various online portals for the 2020 year
Times Higher Education
- World University: #601-800
- Young university: #101-150
- Best Global university: #581
|Established||March 19, 1969|
|Administrative staff||1,781 employees|
|Undergraduate program||281 programs|
|Affiliations||UACC, QSSF, CBIE|
University of Quebec campus
- The University of Quebec has two main campuses; Trois Rivières and Drummondville. Apart from these two main campuses university has 8 centers such as Sorel-Tracy, Victoriaville, La Tuque, Joliette, and Longueuil.
- The university also consists of a sports complex comprising an Olympic swimming pool with muscle-building equipment.
- There are several paths for walking and for cycling
- Students can also visit the museums located nearby the university.
University of Quebec Residence
University of Quebec offers an on-campus and off campus residence facility for its students.
- University offers various forms of cohabitation from a single room to a private room in a shared apartment that will satisfy all students according to their lifestyles.
- Services offered:
- Book accommodation.
- The parking.
- Summer nights.
- Furniture and appliances.
- Internet access.
- Heating and electricity.
- Post box.
- Laundry room in each building.
Why choose UQTR residence:
- Affordable prices.
- Quality, cleanliness.
- Proximity to pavilions and several services.
- Accessible and fast services.
- Leases adapted to the student’s life.
The University gite
Located on the site of the University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres, the university gite is made up of three standard category buildings with a capacity of 108 rooms and a higher category building with a capacity of 78 rooms for a total of 186 pillows.
- Laundry room.
- Storage room.
- Study room.
- Cable TV and a flat-screen TV.
- Unlimited wireless internet.
- Telephone lines.
1997 Campus Residences
The campus residence offers students accommodation close to everything. Specially dedicated to students, this complex of 11 buildings offers 310 shared rooms in a large 6 ½ furnished, heated, and lighted apartment.
- Proximity to the UQTR campus.
- Several green spaces.
- Cycle paths.
- Hiking trails.
- Access to outdoor parking.
- Games room.
- Telephone support in case of an emergency.
The off-campus housing service keeps up-to-date the various offers made by the landlords to students and supports the student in his efforts to find accommodation according to their taste and needs.
List of off-campus accommodation a Trois-Rivieres campus:
- Arseneault Marc.
- Michaud Martin.
- Baribeau Claude.
Alternatively, there are some other accommodation options available in Canada
University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres Programs
- With more than 280 programs spread over three study cycles, 27 departments, including an engineering school and an International French school, the UQTR stands out through its programs and quality courses and its living environment.
- At the undergraduate level, more than 80% of programs offer an internship.
- At the graduate level, UQTR offers several master’s degrees, doctorate, DESS, and short programs
University of Quebec admission process
The following are the requirements required by international students to get admission to the university.
Admission portal: University’s official website
Application fee: 44 USD
The application process for international students is the same as domestic applicants, but an International student has to fulfill some basic requirements like; French fluency score.
- Official high school transcripts (for the undergraduate program).
- Official transcripts from past university (for graduate programs).
- Letter of recommendation.
- French language proficiency score.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Photocopy of biography page of the passport.
- Printed application form.
- Official past university transcripts.
- Bachelor degree from affiliated institution or university.
- Presentation letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Printed application form
French language proficiency:
All applicants from non-native French language have to fulfill French language requirements as courses are taught in French at UQTR. The following are the documents that fulfill French language proficiency.
- Certificate or degree in France.
- Diploma in French studies.
- Diploma in Advanced French studies.
University of Quebec Cost of attendance
The table tabulated below shows the estimated cost of attendance.
|Undergraduate (International)||17,421- 19,459|
|Graduate (International)||15,637- 17,421|
|Accommodation||565 - 710|
University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres Scholarship and financial aids
- There are no scholarships offered to international students
- However, students can opt for other scholarships available in Canada
The Study-work program is a component of the financial aid program for studies of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education. Its goal is to subsidize part-time jobs on the University campus to encourage full-time studies of students who are experiencing financial difficulties.
- Be a full-time student during the fall and winter semesters of the current award year.
- Have applied for financial assistance under the Loans and Bursaries Program for the current award year.
- Many students get a temporary job at the university itself.
University of Quebec Alumni network
Some of the Notable alumni of UQTR are:
- Hery Rajaonarimampianina (Former President of Madagascar)
- Xavier Barsalou-Duval (Canadian Member of Parliament)
- Michel Seymour (Canadian philosopher)
- Fred Pellerin (Canadian musician)
- Rémy Trudel(University professor)
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary