Bachelor of Computer Science [B.C.S] (Computer Engineering)
honours & on campus
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of Computer Science in Computer Engineering is a 4 years program at the University of Ottawa.
- This program is taught in English and French. So, students must opt for their language of Instruction.
- The study of computer engineering building on a solid foundation of traditional engineering skills.
- Through this program, students cover many different aspects of computer software and hardware allows for more specialized studies in:
- microprocessor-based systems
- computer architecture
- programming concepts
- real-time operating systems
- software engineering, and
- The International Outlook of this Program is 89.6%.
- The student to teacher ratio is 12:1 which helps increase in interaction between professors and students.
- The majority of the classes have 20 students which boost Students Performance.
- The Salary of the graduates will be between 38,322 USD - 50,358 USD.
- The Employment rate after graduation is 92.8%.
- To apply for any Scholarship a student must have at least 80% marks.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Completion of Higher secondary education with mathematics as courses in them.
- The minimum marks required are 70% or marks equivalent to Grade B.
- The students must be able to understand and fluently speak the language of instruction (French or English) in the program. Proof of linguistic proficiency may be required at the time of admission.
- The students whose official language is not English must submit the English Language Proficiency scores like IELTS or TOEFL.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The students must have completed 10th and intermediate i.e 12th grade which has mathematics courses with 70% marks.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the higher secondary education.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
6.5 / 9
Avg. Score in
86 / 120
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Years||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living expenses||$ 2,990|
Round University Ranking 2020
Ranked #135/ 750
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
VISA & Work Study
- Student Visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) are required to study in Canada.
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the student visa is 113 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD.
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 USD.
The Applications are to be submitted on the university page for the future work term.
- Spring/Summer term - March 14 to June 13
- Fall term - August 1 to October 10
- Winter term - December 1 to January 31
Some jobs available on campus are:
- Student ambassador
- Student mentor
- Research assistant
- Assistant editor
- Assistant fundraising officer
- Theatre costume assistant
Career and Placement after Course