University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) Courses, Ranking, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
University of Prince Edward Island is a public university, located in Charlottetown. The average enrollment at the university is around 5000 students. The university has around 1500 international students on campus. The university is one of the most affordable universities in Canada.
University of Prince Edward Island Rankings
University of Prince Edward Islandwas ranked 8th by the Maclean’s magazines among all the universities in Canada.
- The plant and animals subject the university has been ranked 468 by US News Rankings
- The university stands 43rd place in Canada's top 50 research universities.
- According to URAP, the university ranks at 42nd place in Canada
|Campus setting||Mixed. Rural / urban|
|Financial aids||PEI provincial bursaries, student loans, debt reduction grants and US government loans|
|Cumulative number of students||4,317 in 2015|
|Ratio of male/female students||1:1.55|
|Number of campuses||1|
University of Prince Edward Campus
- The University of Prince Edward Island has a mixed rural as well as urban campus.
- The campus covers 140 acres of land in the capital city.
- There is a local Farmer’s Market, located directly across from the university’s campus and is a favourite destination for students and faculty alike.
- The greater Charlottetown area has clean communities, affordable housing options, the local airport only a few minutes away from the downtown core, and is a great place to live.
University of Prince Edward Residence
There are two types of accommodation provided by the university: the on-campus accommodation and the off-campus accommodation.
- In the on-campus accommodation, the university provides three residence halls namely the Bernardine hall, Bill hall and the Denise Andrew hall and the Blanchard hall.
- The Blanchard hall is available only to the upper-year graduate students.
- The rent for the off campus housing accounts approximately to 600 - 700 CAD per month.
|Type of room and meal plan||Cost|
|Single room with a 5-day meal plan||$5,583 per semester|
|Single room with a meal plan||$5,676 per semester|
|Double room, with a 5-day meal plan||$4,880 per semester|
|Double room, with a 7-day meal plan||$4,973 per semester|
|TYPE AND MEAL PLAN||FEES|
|Single suite with a 5-day meal plan||$5,297 per semester|
|Single suite with a 7-day meal plan||$6,020 per semester|
|Double Suite with a 5-day meal plan||$5,754 per semester|
|Double Suite with a 7-day meal plan||$5,847 per semester|
|Triple suite with a 5-day meal plan||$5,754 per semester|
|Triple suite with a seven-day meal plan||$5,847 per semester|
Meal plan costs
- 5-day meal plan: $2,349 per semester
- 7-day meal plan: $2,442 per semester
- The students also need to pay a $300 security deposit.
University of Prince Edward Programs
- The university provides various different courses like Master of education in leadership in learning, computer science, environmental studies, actuarial science, Master of business administration in global leadership, applied communication, leadership and culture, business studies, applied climate change and adaptation and sustainable design engineering.
- The university offers undergraduate courses in arts, business administration, education, engineering, mathematics, psychology, biology, applied arts in journalism, sociology, chemistry, political science, computer and information technology. Science, nursing and veterinary medicine.
- The popular undergraduate courses among the international students are the programs related to arts, business, education, engineering, mathematics and computational science.
|Masters of Veterinary Science||$8,601 per 2-year program|
|Financial Mathematics||$6,439 per 30 credit hours|
|Biotechnology||$6,390 per 30 credit hours|
|Statistics||$6,390 per 30 credit hours|
University of Prince Edward Application Process
The applicant must create his / her account on the university’s official site in order to check the admission related information. They must submit the application fee and after completing all the procedures, the applicant is expected to check the account for keeping a track on the application status.
Application portal: Online portal
Application fees: 50 USD non-refundable
Requirements For Application :
- The student has to score 3 GPA overall.
- The required documents are Immunization certificate (if required), CV/Resume, Job experience in years (if required) and Visa/passport (if required)
University of Prince Edward Cost Of Attendance
The cost of attendance primarily comprises of tuition fee and cost of living:
University of Prince Edward Tuition Fee
|Students||Tuition Fees in CAD|
|Undergraduate Canadian students||13,062|
|Undergraduate international students||4,053 - 4,204|
|Graduate International students||11,085-11,236|
University of Prince Edward Cost of Living
|Residence Hall||In CAD|
|Bill and Denise Andrew||5,716|
University of Prince Edward Scholarships
- The UPEI funds the entrance scholarships for the international students’ academic excellence and the scholarship ranges from 1,000 to 3,000 CAD. The students who have the following are eligible for the scholarship:
- A valid Canadian study permit
- Strong performance in academics in the prior enrolled institutions
- Active in extracurricular activities
- Strong recommendations from the professors
- Strong potential towards other contributions in the global society
- The scholarship gets credited to the student’s bank account from the UPEI account itself in the form of his/her tuition fees.
- The number of scholarships to be provided depends on the funds availability as well as other factors.
The students’ percentage and the scholarship chart is as follows:
|Average||Guaranteed scholarships (CAD)|
University of Prince Edward Alumni
Some of the alumni benefits offered by the university are as follows:
- Career services and support: The alumnus help support the students in shaping their career by imparting professional guidance to them.
- Bookstore discount: The students can avail 15% benefits from the bookstore by the alumni benefits.
- UPEI magazine: the students receive a complimentary subscription as well.
- Robertson library access: The UPEI alumni can help the students on accessing the library whenever required.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Academy Ranking of World Universities
RANKED #101 - #150
Affordable, New, developing, cost of tuition fees low, cost of living affordable and lots of facilities
Course Curriculum :
Very competitive engineering curriculum. Teachers are from MIT, Stanford and around the world. Good talent and good pedagogical skills for students.
Choosing this University for my higher studies was based on the kind of rigorous study and inquiry, belief in the value of knowledge, lifelong capacity-building, and the development of the whole person the university was offering. Also, they had a sense of community. My GPA was 8.2 and I had to submit an online application form costing around $50.
Course Curriculum :
The Master in Global Affairs program has a proven track record at URJC for developing us with the knowledge, insights, and talents needed to help address and solve some of the most critical challenges facing the world. The program integrates rigorous coursework under the supervision of a multi-disciplinary faculty.
I read a lot of this University and decided to join it because it's campus is a reflection of the character of UPEI on many levels- a complementary blend of old and new, of tradition and innovation. Original SDU buildings have been renovated tastefully to retain the integrity of the design while meeting modern standards, thus encouraged me to get admitted here. After securing a GPA of 7, I had to submit an application form.
Course Curriculum :
The Master in Global Affairs program has a proven track record at URJC for developing students with the knowledge, insights, and talents needed to help address and solve some of the most critical challenges facing our world. The program integrates rigorous coursework under the supervision of a multi-disciplinary faculty. I had the support of policymakers, members of international courts, members of NGOs, and was a part of an international network of students.
Coming with the previous schooling in biology, I felt ready to take on the hard program of nursing. Around Christmas time, I decided to apply. The application was straight forward and did not take long. The fee was $50, and it was the best $50 I ever spent. I first received acceptance into my second choice program of chemistry, and then a few weeks later I got my acceptance into nursing.
Course Curriculum :
I love how we hop right into labs for nursing. Most universities just have first year designated as general science courses, but at UPEI, we start the nursing courses right away.
It was cheap because it is on the island and I got a 2500 bursary for staying. And it was easy to get into it since I already went to school at a different college that what a 2 and 2 program with upei and you automatically get into it. Also, a lot of my friends go to upei too so I wasn't alone all the time and I had a roommate I knew.
Course Curriculum :
It's okay, there are too many people in my classes but that's what you get in university however the profs are nice and they want to make sure you do good.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary