Amrita School of Medicine was established in September 2002 as an integral component of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. It is situated on the Kochi campus of Amrita, Kerala. The school offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs like B.Sc, M.Sc, MD/MS/PG Diploma, DM/M.Ch and a five-and-a-half year program in Medicine. The curriculum is based on the rules laid by the Medical Council of India.
Click Here to Know Amrita School of Medicine Application Process
Amrita School of Medicine Highlights
Type of University
Deemed to be University
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
NAAC, NABH, NABL, ISO, MCI
How to Reach
25.1 km from Kochi Airport
11.6 km from Kochi Railway Station
11.5 km from Kochi Bus Stand
Amrita School of Medicine Courses and Admission
The candidate must have passed 10+2 with 60% marks in English and 60% marks in PCB/Biotechnology taken together from any State Higher Secondary Board or its equivalent.
Note: Persons who qualify from foreign universities are required to produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
Undergraduate Program Admission
The School of Medicine offers B.Sc program in various specializations in allied health sciences subjects. In order to secure a seat in the B.Sc program, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks.
Note: For B.Sc(Optometry(lateral), the candidate must have done the 2-year Diploma course in Optometry/Ophthalmic Assistant. To apply to the B.Sc(MRT) program, the candidate must have done 10+2 with 60% marks in PCMB.
PG Diploma Admission
- To apply for PG Diploma Programs, the candidate must possess MBBS degree from a recognized Medical college and must have acquired full registration from Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.
- Final selection of the candidate is based on the rank obtained in the NEET by the candidate.
- The candidate must have obtained MBBS degree from a recognized Medical College and must have obtained full registration from Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.
- Only those candidates who are less than the age of 30 are eligible to apply for MD/MS Clinical subjects. Whereas for MD/MS non-clinical subjects, there is no age limit.
- Final selection will be made on the rank obtained by the candidate in the NEET.
- To get admission to the program, the candidate is required to hold MD/MS degree from a recognized Medical college included in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and should have obtained full registration from the Medical Council of India.
- Appearing and scoring a valid rank in the NEET is mandatory for the final selection.
M.Sc Program Admission
Amrita School of Medicine offers M.Sc programs in several specializations. The candidate is required to hold Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field with minimum required marks from a recognized institution.
Click Here to Know Amrita School of Medicine Courses and Fee Structure
Amrita School of Medicine Doctoral Programs
The school offers research programs in various specialties in pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical departments. The selection of the candidate will be based on the entrance test and a personal interview. Students can apply for the National fellowships through DBT, DST, ICMR.
Amrita School of Medicine Research
The school offers a variety of training programs in national board certification, post-doctoral research programs and collaborative studies with some of the finest medical institutions and universities throughout the world. The various areas of clinical research at AIMS include Molecular Technology, Molecular Medicine, Bio-degradable Stent etc.