Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi was called as European Lunatic Asylum till 1922 when it was named as European Mental Hospital. It was put under the control of a Board of Trustees with various participating state governments represented on the Board. In 1954, its control was taken over by the Government of India and in 1977.
Institution was raised to the status of an Institute and was renamed as Central Institute of Psychiatry. With the development in mental health, the Institute continues to scale new heights, and various modern amenities for investigation and management of mental disorders diseases have been added since its inception by Indian Government in 1954.
Facts and Figures of Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi
Central Government owned institute
Books in Library
Research papers in 2011
Why to Join Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi?