KMCT Medical College, Manassery was established in 2008 in Manassery, Kerala to create a hub of healthcare, education, and research. The medical college is affiliated with Kerala University of Health Sciences. The Undergraduate MBBS Course was accorded recognition by the Central Government in 2013. The college also offers post-graduate MS and MD courses in Orthopedics and Pharmacology. The students are shortlisted on merit-basis and entrance exams (NEET) results. Applicants looking for admission to the college are required to apply online and appear for the entrance exam.
KMCT Medical College Highlights
|Established| Type||2008 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|Courses||UG- MBBS PG- MD and MS|
|Facilities available||Museum, Laboratory, Library, Lecture Halls, Cafeteria, Creche, Lecture Halls, Residential arrangements, and Recreation.|
|Admission Criteria||Based on Entrance Exam|
|Name of the Entrance Test | Mode||NEET | Offline|
KMCT Medical College Courses
The institute offers Under-Graduate MBBS Course of 5-year and Post-Graduate 3-year MD and MS courses in Pharmacology and Orthopedics.
|Courses Name||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria, Duration, and Seats Available|
Eligibility- Scores in Entrance Test (NEET) and min 50% marks in 10th and 12th Standard.
Duration- 4.5 Years along with compulsory 1-year internship
Seats Available- 150 seats
Eligibility- Must have cleared MBBS under any recognized University.
Duration- 3 Years
Seat Available- 1 seat
Eligibility- Must have cleared MBBS under any recognized University.
Duration- 3 Years
Seats Available- 2 seats
Read More: KMCT Medical College Fees
KMCT Medical College Admission
For getting admission to MBBS at KMCT Medical College, one needs to get good scores in the NEET Exam. Based on such results and after considering the 10+2 scores in compulsory subjects like Physics, Mathematics, Biology, and English, the students are shortlisted for admission. For the Post- Graduation students, the above-mentioned criteria along with the MBBS results are considered.
How to apply?
- The candidates are required to apply and sit for the entrance test exam named NEET. One must produce the scores of NEET in front of the college.
- The candidates are required to collect the application form from the college campus then fill and submit them accordingly.
- Furthermore, the selected candidates are required to submit the necessary documents in the college.
Documents generally required for admission:
- Self-attested 10+2 Mark sheets along with Pass certificate.
- One self-attested passport-sized photo
- Certified copy of Residence
- Birth Certificate
- NEET result
- Character Certificate issued by the last institution.
Read More: KMCT Medical College Admission
KMCT Medical College Facilities
Other than the basic facilities, the college provides various other facilities to the candidates and the faculty members that they need on the campus. The facilities are as follows:-
- Laboratories: The pre-clinical and the Para- clinical departments have their practice and research Labs which can accommodate around 90 students at once. The Labs are well-equipped for the benefit of the students.
- Museum: The Pre-clinical department and the Para-Clinical Department of anatomy, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology, and Microbiology is having six museums on the campus. According to the college, the students need to get first-hand information about their concerned subjects. Therefore, they equip the museums with a wide range of charts, models, and even specimens.
- Hostels/Residential arrangements: The college arranged for both boys and girls hostel. Apart from the students the college also arranged for the intern hostels and residential quarters for the teachers and the non-teaching staff. The hostels and the quarters are maintained nicely for the benefit of the students and the faculties.
- Lecture Halls: Total of six lecture halls are arranged for the students in the campus for all the departments. The Lecture halls are well maintained and well-equipped. Out of the six halls where one hall can accommodate 200 students, while the others can accommodate 180 students at once.
- Cafeteria: The whole medical college comprises four canteens but of them all, one is maintained on the campus for the benefit of the students and the faculties.
- Library- The library of this college is the center of attraction as it covers around 2400 sq area inside the campus. The library possesses more than 11716 books along with all the necessary journals and CDs and DVDs for the students. The working hours of the library are from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Apart from the above-mentioned facilities, the college campus has facilities such recreation center where the students can play football, Volleyball, Badminton and even Table Tennis, a creche for the children of faculties and non-faculties so that they can easily check on their kids while they are at work. The college also arranges for art festivals and various music shows to create a stress-free atmosphere for the students.
KMCT Medical College Faculty
KMCT Medical College maintains high-standard in selecting their faculties. The faculties are dedicated to their values and are departmental specialists. The college believes in selecting a good number of doctors as professors and faculties who will not only deal in their respective departments of the hospital accordingly but will also focus on their students and their understanding of the subjects.
Read More: KMCT Medical College Faculty
KMCT Medical College Achievements
KMCT Medical College is moving towards its milestone in a very short period because of its true objectives and the path of achieving the same. Although the college initiated in 2008 with a seating capacity of 100 students, the college within the year 2016-17 got approval from the Central Government to increase the capacity to 150 which the first step towards achieving the milestone. Further achievements of the college are depicted in the table below. Over the years the students of KMCT college not only enriched themselves academically but also showcased their talents in many extra-curricular activities.
|2009||One student ranked the second position in the first MBBS Exam under the University of Calicut|
|2010||One student got Gold Medal as the topper in anatomy in the 1st MBBS Exam under KUHS|
|2013||The batch joined in 2008 cleared in this year had the highest pass percentage in Kerala|
|2014||The pass percentage was 96.2% i.e.. highest pass percentage under Calicut University|
|2015||The pass percentage was 86.88% again the highest pass percentage under Calicut University|
|2015||One student ranked 15th Position the first MBBS Exam|
KMCT Medical College FAQ
Ques. Does the college is having reservation quota during admission?
Ans. Yes, the college is having reservation quota for the Non-Resident Indian students. Around 155 of the seats are reserved for those candidates. Their minimum score in 10+2 can be 45% in compulsory subjects for the application instead of 50%.
Ques. Is KMCT Medical College a good college?
Ans. After considering the records of KMCT Medical College, it can be stated that it is one of the top colleges in Kerala. The college has already set a record of getting the highest pass percentage in consecutive years. The college provides high-quality education and training to its students along with great infrastructure and faculties.
Ques. What is the fee structure of KMCT Medical College, Manassery?
Ans. The fee structure of all the courses of this college is regulated by the regulatory committee. The orders of the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala and the Supreme Court of India are taken into consideration before setting the same. The selected students are required to submit their admission fees within time to get the final admission.
Ques. What are the Placement possibilities in KMCT College, Manassery?
Ans. KMCT Medical College, Manassery provides a good rate of placement to its candidates. Since the college is also having its hospital, the candidates get the opportunities there. Both the private and the government sectors provide high good job offers to the students with good salary packages. Moreover, for the compulsory 1-year internship the college provides the opportunity in their KMCT hospital but the students can also apply elsewhere.
Ques. Does the college provide any scholarship to their students?
Ans. The College is having certain scholarship facilities for the necessary students wherein most of the fee structure is waived off by the college. The students with higher grades are provided with the Scholarship facility. The college provides such details to the candidates if required and enquired. The students can also avail certain scholarships provided by the Kerala Government and they are always approved by the college.