Katihar Medical College & Hospital campus area is spread over 55 acres. It is affiliated to Bhupender Narayan Mandal University and recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It offers undergraduate courses in MBBS as well as in post-graduate courses like MD, MS, and PG Diploma in almost all clinical and non-clinical fields.
Katihar Medical College Bihar Highlights
|Established | Type||1987 | Private|
|Affiliation||Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University|
|Recognized by||Medical Council of India, Government of India, and ministry of health and family Welfare.|
|Course offered||MBBS, PG Diploma, MD, MS|
|Popular courses||MBBS and PG courses|
|Admission criteria||NEET UG, NEET PG|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library, Auditorium, Sports, Transportation, Bookshop, Canteen, etc.|
|Campus area||55 acres|
|Official website link||kmckatihar.org|
Katihar Medical College Bihar Courses
Below is tabulated the courses being taught at Katihar Medical College of Bihar. Each of the courses has specific eligibility criteria which have also been mentioned:
|MBBS||-||Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent in PCB and English plus NEET-UG merit rank
|MD||General Medicine||Eligibility: MBBS degree with minimum 50% aggregate and NEET PG merit rank
Duration: 3 years
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|P.G. Diploma||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Eligibility: MBBS degree with minimum 50% aggregate and NEET PG merit rank
Duration: 2 years
Katihar Medical College Bihar Admission
Admissions for the medical college are done through the NEET examinations, namely NEET and NEET PG. The courses being conducted here are MBBS, MD, MS, and PG Diploma. The students have to mandatorily appear for the entrance examination to be eligible for the admissions.
How to Apply?
Students who wish to take admissions to the Katihar Medical College can follow the below-mentioned steps of the admission process:
- Apply for the NEET entrance exam for taking admission to MBBS. Postgraduation doctors should apply for NEET PG. All applications to be done online.
- Download the admit card, check for the exam dates, and appear for the exams.
- Upon receipt of results, appear for counseling rounds which are also conducted online. Fill in choice of preference of college and mark Katihar Medical College in your list.
- Depending on the merit rank and preference marking, the student may get admission to the college.
Check here Katihar Medical College Admission
Katihar Medical College Bihar Placements
The medical courses do not have placements rather they would provide the internship programs.MBBS course, so we have an internship in the hospital. The internships are compulsory to all students and college would list out certain hospitals. Medical students usually begin with their own practice after completing MBBS or continue with post-graduation studies. Medical doctors usually approach hospitals to begin with jobs.
Know more Katihar Medical College Placement
Katihar Medical College Bihar Scholarship
The college provides v a few scholarships. Apart from the college’s own scholarships, it aids in government-sponsored scholarships:
- The student who ranks first among the successful candidates in M.B.B.S. Part-II (Final) examination is awarded a Gold medal.
- Those achieving 1st to 5th position in 1, 2, and 3 part of their MBBS examination are awarded scholarships.
Katihar Medical College Bihar Facilities
The college has created various facilities for the students while during their tenure in the medical college. The facilities are enumerated below:
- Library: The library has well-furnished reading rooms having all aspects of medical sciences with more than 17600 books.
- Canteen: The college campus has a canteen and several cafes located on-campus and off-campus for students and faculty members snacking needs.
- Hostel: The college provides hostel facilities for the students (boys and girls) within the campus and a separate hostel outside the Campus.
- Auditorium: The college auditorium has a 500 seating capacity and is fully air-conditioned with rehearsal rooms and cafeteria.This auditorium hosts seminars, cultural programs, and conferences.
- Sports: The Katihar medical college campus has an excellent outdoor sports facility which includes a football cum cricket field, Badminton courts, Basketball courts, Cricket nets, Tennis courts, Volleyball courts, and a Gymnasium for the extracurricular needs of the students.
- Transportation: The college operates buses to provide easy travel to the students and to provide convenience.
- Hospital and medical facilities: College hospital has beds and other facilities. Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU), Medical ICU, Respiratory, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, AC Labour Ward, Regional Diagnostic Lab to facilitate proper diagnostic aids for the medical students and doctors.
- Labs: The college has hi-tech laboratories for students to apply their theoretical knowledge practically and to conduct experiments.
Click here Katihar Medical College Hostel
Katihar Medical College Bihar Faculty
Katihar medical college faculty is very much dedicated to teaching, and to achieve the objectives of the College. The faculty of the college holds a Master’s and a Ph.D. degree in their fields of expertise. At present there are 21 departments each headed by a HOD, the total strength of the teaching faculty is 290 out of which there are Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Contractual and Guest teachers.
Check here Katihar Medical College Faculty
Katihar Medical College Bihar FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of MBBS course?
Ques. Is Katihar medical college a government college?
Ques. Who established the Katihar Medical College?
Ques. What are some other medical colleges besides Katihar Medical College?
- Narayan Medical College and Hospital (NMCH) is a medical college
- Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College
- Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital