Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University, Madhepura was founded in 1992 by the Ratification of Bihar State. This is a Co-Educational State University that is approved by UGC. (Bihar State Universities Amendment Act 1991) was enacted in August 1991 bifurcating L. N. Mithila University, Darbhanga, and a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The university is also called B. N. Mandal University.
The University offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Science, Arts, and Commerce streams. The University has the Department of Arts (BA with different streams), Commerce (B.Com ), Science (B.Sc with different streams), Computer Science (B.Sc), Business Administration (MBA), Physical Education (BPEd), Law(BL), and Medicine (MBBA & MD).
The mode of the application process is online through the university website and the admission process is based on merit and must clear entrance conducted by the state Common Entrance Test (CET).
The university is equipped with all modern facilities. Various teaching and learning techniques are used to instil knowledge and skills to the students of the University.
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1992 | State university|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission|
|Entrance Exam||NEET-UG, NEET- PG, MAT, CAT, XAT, JEE, CET|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc, BA, B.Ed, MA, M.Sc, Ph.D., MBBS, MD, BL|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based | Entrance-Based|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library|
BNMU Madhepura Courses
There are 32 specializations in bachelor courses, 13 Specializations in Masters, 8 specializations in B.Tech.
|BA (Hons)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% in the relevant stream from a recognized board
Subjects: History, Urdu, English, Sociology, Psychology, Geography, Mathematics, Sanskrit, Economics, Home Science, Political science, Maithili, Law and Social work, Ancient History, Library science, Music, Anthropology, Labour and Social Welfare, Gandhian Thought, Persian, Drama, Statistics, Philosophy
|B.Sc(Hons)||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% in the relevant stream from a recognized board
Subjects: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Statistics, Biotechnology
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility:10+2 with 50% in the relevant stream from a recognized board and must clear the JEE mains
Subjects: Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Civil Engineering
|MA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation with 50% in the relevant stream from a recognized university
Subjects: History, Philosophy, Maithili, Urdu, Psychology, Political science, Economics, Sanskrit
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation with 50 % and must be cleared any CAT/MAT/XAT
|MBBS||Duration: 4.5 Years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 with 50% in the relevant stream from a recognized board and must clear NEET UG
|MD||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: MBBS graduation and must clear NEET PG
Read More: BNMU Courses & Fee
BNMU Madhepura Admissions
Admission to BA, B.Sc., B. Com, BCA, BBA, MA, M.Sc.,M.Com is based on the marks scored in the marks and/or qualifying interview conducted by the University.
For B.Tech must clear JEE Mains.
Admission to MBBS will be granted on the basis of NEET UG.
B.Ed Admission is done based on the national common entrance test by the state-level from the BNM.
Admission to MD will be done on the basis of NEET PG.
How to Apply?
Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University application process is performed in offline mode.
- Candidates can obtain the application form at the admissions office of the University Campus BNM or from the official website.
- Candidates will have to fill out the application form and send it along with the processing fee necessary to use cash or bank transfer.
- DD should be in favour of the "Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University" and pay Madhepura.
- Candidates can also pick up the package from the application of various libraries by paying the application fee.
- Candidates also can send a letter of application along with Demand Draft for the application form by mail.
- Completed applications must be submitted at the offices of the University along with the fee and required documentation within the stipulated time.
- All duly completed forms of application must be submitted/sent to the university, campus along with documents.
- Self-attested copy of Class X mark sheet
- Self–attested copy of Class XII mark sheet.
- Community certificate (as assigned by competent authority)
- Self-attested copy of income certificate
- Migration Certificate, if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- One copy of recent passport size photo to be affixed in the application form
Read More: BNMU Admission
BNMU Madhepura Facilities
- Hostel: There is a great hostel on the university campus accommodation facilities that have local and remote students. Girls hostels are also available to accommodate students at the University Campus.
- Laboratory: All Department of Psychology and Geography including laboratory has been equipped with teaching and research. Research facilities are available in all departments of the university. Science labs equipped with modern equipment necessary for research.
- Library: The University has a Library, in addition to the Library Department. The library has approximately lakh books, thousands of manuscripts, and some other reading materials. University Library is truly paradise for readers having a wide range of ancient literature and modern, and books as well as national and international journals. It also gives students an excellent collection of books on Management, Library Science Education, Tourism Management, Computer, and Communications mass.
- Health: University-cum-Health Care Pharmacies provide a medical facility for Student Teachers and other employees who are on the University Campus and the exit side of the university campus round the clock. It has the services of three doctors, nurses, and paramedical staff numbers sufficient support.
- Sports: Special care was taken to develop modern sports facilities on campus. A large sports complex is located on the campus for Outdoor & Indoor different games, especially for athletics, with the help of the Sports Authority of India, New Delhi. A sports training centre to be established soon.
- Computer: Proficiency in computer applications is now clearly an integral part of every curriculum teaching and training. BN Mandal University offers professional courses, Library & Information Science, etc. along with other professional programs and has set up an advanced computer centre. In addition to lab facilities in the different programs available at the University Headquarters, a constituent college of the University also has been equipped with computer and language laboratories at the headquarters of different districts.
Read More: BNMU Affiliated Colleges
BNMU Madhepura Faculty
The University has an adequate number of highly qualified competent and dedicated faculty/scholars in diverse fields, who have got a long experience in the field of teaching in Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
Read More: BNMU Faculty
Ques. What are the details about Bhupendra Mandal University common entrance test?
- The type of question is a multiple-choice test Objective.
- The test is common to all candidates taking admission to M.Ed. Classes.
- The no. of question is 100 questions and 100 marks to the degree Bachelor of Education.
- Each issue of the brands.
- The test duration is 2 hours (120 minutes)
- There will be no negative marking.
- The Questions will be in English and Hindi both.
Ques. Give details about the pattern of the common entrance test?
|Subject Area||Marks||No. of Item|
|Basics of Education||10||10|
|Understanding the learner & learning process||10||10|
|Curriculum and curriculum transaction||10||10|
|Contemporary issues in school Education||10||10|
|Assessing the learner, Planning, and management of the school||10||10|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||10||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||10||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||10||10|
|Communication, People & Environment||10||10|
Ques. How to apply for the common state entrance exam for M.Ed?
- Visit the official website
- Download M.Ed. Notifications and M.Ed. Information Brochure.
- After reading an official notice carefully, you must click Apply Link.
- Fill out a form online.
- Pay the application fee.
- After the final submission of the application, you should take a printout of the final application form.
Ques. What about the latest JEE exam 2020?
Ques. How many constituent colleges are affiliated with Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University?
- B.S.S. College, Supaul
- H.P.S. College, Nirmali, Supaul
- L.N.M.S. College, Birpur, Supaul
- B.N.M.V. College, Sahugarh, Madhepura
- H.S. College, Udakishunganj
- K.P. College, Murliganj, Madhepura
- Parwati Science College
- T.P. College, Madhepura
- M.L.T. College, Saharsa
- S.N.S.R.K.S. College, Saharsa
- R. Jha Mahila College, Saharsa
- R.M. College, Saharsa
- R.M.M. Law College, Saharsa
- M.H.M. College, Sonbarsa, Saharsa