Manipal College of Health Professions (MCHP), Manipal, formerly known as the School of Allied Health Sciences was established in 1999 as the first institution in India exclusively dedicated to the education of allied health professionals. The institute comes under the aegis of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). MCHP offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the discipline of Physiotherapy, Psychology, Optometry, Respiratory Therapy and many more.
MET 2021 Important Dates
|Events||MET 2021 Exam Dates|
|M.Sc (Clinical Psychology)||April 17, 19 & 20, 2021|
|M.Sc (Audiology, Speech-Language Processing)||June 6 & 8, 2021|
|All Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) programs||June 5 & 7, 2021|
Manipal College of Health Professions Highlights
|Affiliated to||MAHE, Manipal|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
Manipal College of Health Professions Courses
MCHP offers UG and PG programs in the discipline of Physiotherapy, Psychology, Optometry, Respiratory Therapy and many more. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.ASLP||Audiology & Speech Language Pathology||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and English with Biology/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Statistics/ Electronics/ Psychology with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|B.Opt.||Optometry||10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|B.Sc||Exercise and Sports Sciences, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Anaesthesia and Operation Theatre Technology, Cardiovascular Technology, Emergency Medicine Technology, Medical Imaging Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Perfusion Technology, Renal Replacement Therapy & Dialysis Technology, Respiratory Therapy, Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics, Psychology, Health Information Management, Radiotherapy Technology|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||-||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology with a minimum of 50% aggregate mark|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||-|
|M.Sc. (MLT)||Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology & Immunology, Public Health Laboratory Science||BSc MLT/ BMLT with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|M.Sc. (RT)||Adult Respiratory Care, Neonatal & Paediatric Respiratory Care||BSc Respiratory Therapy / BSc Respiratory Care Technology / BSc Medical Technology (Respiratory Therapy) / BSc Critical Care Technology with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in the qualifying exam and completed 1 year of clinical experience|
|M.Sc||Audiology, Cardiac Catheterization & Intervention Technology, . Clinical Psychology, Echocardiography, Exercise & Sports Sciences, Health Informatics (Healthcare IT Management), Health Information Management, Medical Imaging Technology, Medical Radiation Physics, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Perfusion Technology, Renal Replacement Therapy & Dialysis Technology, Speech Language Pathology||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|M.Opt||Optometry||Bachelors in Optometry with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|MOT||Developmental Disabilities, Hand & Musculoskeletal Conditions, Mental Health & Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Neuro Rehabilitation||BOT/ B.Sc OT/ B.OTh with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks and Candidate must have completed their internship before class commencement|
|MPT||Cardiopulmonary Sciences, Community Physiotherapy, Geriatrics, Neurosciences, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics||BPT with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks and Candidate must have completed their internship before class commencement|
Manipal College of Health Professions Admission
The admission is done on the basis of merit. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Upload a photograph and signature.
- Select the program and enter your address.
- Select a mode of payment.
- The application fee is INR 600 (for General Category) and INR 2500 (for Foreign/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored Category). Pay it using your preferred means.
Manipal College of Health Professions Scholarships
MCHP Manipal awards a scholarship for Post Graduate (PG) students under the following categories
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Programs
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Manipal College of Health Professions Faculty
Listed below are some of the departments along with a number of highly experienced faculty members:
- Department of Cardiovascular Technology: 6 Faculty Members
- Department of Clinical Psychology: 11 Faculty Members
- Department of Health Information Management: 4 Faculty Members
- Department of Medical Laboratory Technology: 10 Faculty Members
- Department of Respiratory Therapy: 9 Faculty Members
Check: MCHP Manipal Faculty
Manipal College of Health Professions FAQs
Ques. Can a foreign student apply to Manipal College of Health Professions?
Ans. Yes, a foreign student can apply to MCHP. As the medium of instruction is English, there would not be any problem for students from various diversities and cultures around the globe.
Ques. Does Manipal College of Health Professions provide placement assistance?
Ans. MCHP has many placement activities from time to time based on the requests by various organizations. Each department assists its students with placements.
Ques. What are the lateral entry courses offered by Manipal College of Health Professions?
Ans. MCHP offers lateral entry courses in the following disciplines:
|B.Sc||Medical Imaging Technology||Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Medical Laboratory Technology||Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Respiratory Therapy||Diploma in Respiratory Therapy with a minimum 50% aggregate marks|
Ques. What is the teaching methodology at Manipal College of Health Professions?
Ans. Manipal College of Health Professions conducts Group teaching sessions with blackboards, audiovisual aids, presentations, lectures, seminars, and observational modes are employed alongside clinical teaching sessions. Students get special attention assistance on a one to one basis. Also, continuous educational programs on a regular basis help students to stay abreast with the latest developments in their field.