Moulana Institute of Nursing was established in the year and is affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). The Institute is best known for its course B.Sc. (Nursing) and is recognized by Indian Nursing Council. The Institute offers B.Sc. in Nursing programme and admission in the programme is based on merit.
Moulana Institute of Nursing Highlights
Few facts about the Institute are given below that candidates can check.
|Established | Institute Type||2002| Private|
|Recognized by||Indian Nursing Council and Kerala’s Nurse’s and Midwives Council|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Canteen, Auditorium, Laboratories, Transport|
Moulana Institute of Nursing Courses
The College offers the course B.Sc (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and the details about the same is tabulated below that candidates can check.
|B.Sc(Nursing)||Duration: 4 Years Seat Intake: 60 Eligibility: Passed HSE/CBSE/VHSE with 50% marks Selection Criteria: Merit Based|
It has seats for 60 candidates which holds 50% government seats and 50% management seats.
Moulana Institute of Nursing Admissions
The admission in the programme is based on merit in last qualifying examination. However, it's important for candidate to fulfil the eligibility criteria of the course.
Moulana Institute of Nursing Facilities
The Institute provides all facilities to students and faculty members. Below given are some facilities offered by the Institute:
- Lecture Hall: Institute has spacious and well-equipped lecture halls which are well illuminated with sitting arrangement along with LCD facilities.
- Reading Room-Spacious reading room facility is there for students with good seating space
- Library-Library of the Institute has a huge collection of books, journals, periodicals, and so on. Spacious sitting space is there for 75 students and facilities of internet and photocopy is also there.
- Canteen- Proper clean and hygiene canteen is available which provides healthy food at reasonable rates.
- Transport-Facilities of transport is available for clinical work and every other official work.
- Hostel-Hostel accommodation for girls are easily available and are spacious with all facilities.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is there which can used for conducting conferences, cultural occasions, workshops etc.
- Health Services: In order to keep the mind as well as body fit, Institute has made provisions for taking care of student's health. The hospital is well equipped with modern facilities and made the treatment available to both students and staff members of the Institute.
- Other Facilities: Computer Lab, Examination Hall etc.
Moulana Institute of Nursing Faculty
Highly educated and experienced faculties are there in the Institute who possess years of experience and are well versed in their respective fields. Many of them hold master's/Ph.D. degrees too.
- Lecturers: 4+
- Associate Professors: 2+
- Assistant Professors: 4+
- Clinical Instructors: 13+
Moulana Institute of Nursing FAQs
Ques. How much attendance is required at Moulana Institute of Nursing?
Ans. Candidates need to have at least 80% attendance (theory as well as practicals both) in order to appear in University examinations. A candidate who won't fill the attendance criteria will not be allowed to sit in exams.
Ques. What other activities are conducted at Moulana Institute of Nursing?
Ans. The Institute encourages all candidates to indulge in different sports activities like outdoor games such as basketball, cricket, badminton, and so on. In addition to this, students also get many other recreational facilities.
Ques. Is there any Age criteria to be followed for applying to get admission in the Moulana Institute of Nursing?
Ans. Yes, a candidate must be above 17 years of age. No relaxation will be given to minimum age candidates. Birth certificate self-attested copy needs to be submitted along with the application for age proof.
Ques. Does Moulana Institute of Nursing have a placement cell?
Ans. The Institute has a placement cell that identifies the needs of industry and prepares graduates through PI program as well as training so as to fulfil all the challenges. Placement cell invites medical hospitals, nursing schools/institutes for placement within the country and abroad.
Ques. Are there any facilities for the students to practice practically in the Laboratories in Moulana Institute of Nursing?
Ans. Yes, proper equipped laboratories are available for the students, and equipment such as suction machines, oxygen cylinders, charts, male/female/baby body dummies, cradles are available for the practice.