The Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) was established in 2010 for ensuring proper and systematic instruction, teaching, training and research in Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Indian Systems of Medicine including Ayurveda, Siddha, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani and other allied sciences and also to have uniformity in the various academic programmes in medical and allied subjects in the State of Kerala.
|Location||Thrissur District, Kerala|
KUHS offers both UG and PG Coursesto the candidates in the fields of Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Indian Systems of Medicine including Ayurveda, Siddha, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani and other allied sciences.
|Medical||M.Ch||Head and Neck Surgery|
|Post Graduate Diploma||Anaesthesiology|
|Dental||MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge|
|Public Health Dentistry|
|Allied Health Science||M.Sc.||Speech-Language Pathology|
|Medical Laboratory Technology|
|Medical Radiological Technology|
Check KUHS Fees Structure
Various Departments under KUHS are:
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Biomedical Science and Technology
- Department of Behavioral Studies
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Indian System of Medicine
- Department of Nursing Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of merit list prepared as per the scores obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. The entrance exam will be conducted by KUHS/Medical Council of India (MCI)/ Dental Council of India (DCI).
Note: The admission process will be finalized by the respective college in which a student has been admitted.
- The candidates must first download the application form issued by the University.
- The University will notify students regarding the entrance examination dates.
- All students must write the entrance examination, in order to seek admission.
- The result for the entrance test will be made available on the official website.
- A merit list is released, comprising the names of all the candidates who have qualified the entrance examination.
Read MoreKUHS Admission
The University provides various scholarships in the following categories:
- Students who hail from the SC/ST/OBC quota are eligible to get a scholarship if they secure a 75% in their Higher Secondary Examination
- Students who hail from the Minority communities are eligible to get a scholarship if they secure a 75% in their Higher Secondary Examination
- Students who hail from an economically low background are eligible for a scholarship by the University
- Students whose parent serves /has served in the military are eligible for a scholarship
- The University sponsors a scholarship under the sports quota
- The University sponsors a scholarship to students who are Physically Challenged
The University provides the following infrastructural facilities:
- The University has separate computer laboratories for the benefit of teachers and students. Computer labs help students in their academic research and assignments
- The University has excellent laboratories furnished with the latest lab equipment and lab assistants to help students with their experiments.
- The University has an in-house health center to cater to the medical needs of students and faculty members.
- A state-of-the-art auditorium is present within the campus where all formal functions are held.
- The University has canteen facilities for students. The canteen is maintained in a hygienic manner by separate mess staff.