DY Patil Medical College was established in 1996 in Pune. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical stream. In the medical field, there have been 20 different types of specializations, which students can pursue. Post-graduation in medical science and super specialty courses.
Colleges offer courses like MBBS, MD, MS, DM, and M.CH, and Ph.D. courses. For the MBBS admission, students are required to appear for the NEET-UG entrance exam.
For the admission in MD/MS, students are required to appear for the NEET-PG entrance exam. For the admission in M.CH and DM, the selection will be done on the basis of NEET-SS.
For the Ph.D. course, students are required to appear for the All India entrance conducted by the university
College provides internship opportunities for students.
DYPMC Pune Highlights
|Set By||Government of India|
|Entrance exams||NEET-UG, NEET-PG, NEET-SS, All India entrance for Ph.D|
|Courses offered||7 courses|
|Popular courses||MBBS, MD, Ph.D|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam|
|Facilities Available||Library, canteen, Sports Complex|
DYPMC Pune Rankings
As per NIRF rankings, in 2019 DYPMC ranked at 20th position all over India ranking. As per the MHRD ranking, DYPMC ranked at 1st position in Maharashtra State.
DYPMC Pune Courses
In the below, courses offered by the college are given along with the duration, specializations, eligibility, and selection procedure is mentioned.
|MBBS||Duration: 5 Years 6 Months
Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% + NEET-UG
|MD||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: MBBS with 1 Year Internship
Specialization: General Medical, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radio-Diagnosis, Respiratory Medicine, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Venereology, & Leprosy, Community Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Emergency Medicine
|MS||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: MBBS with 1 Year Internship
Specialization: General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Oto-rhino-laryngology
|M.Ch||Duration: 2 Years
Specialization: Neuron-surgery, Urology, Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
|DM||Duration: 2 Years
Specialization: Nephrology, Cardiology
|Ph.D.||Duration: 5 Years
Eligibility: Master's Degree with 55% in a relevant subject
Specialization: Optometry, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology
Read More: DYPMC Courses & Fee
DYPMC Pune Admissions
For admission in different courses, students are required to apply for the different entrance exams. Candidates can apply online on the official website of DYPMC after checking the eligibility criteria for a particular course.
Admission to MBBS will be provided based on marks obtained by the students in NEET-UG.
For applying to PG courses i.e. MD/MS, candidates will have to qualify NEET-PG.
The admissions to Super Speciality courses like M.Ch and DM will be provided based on NEET-SS marks.
However, Ph.D. admission will be based on the All India Entrance Exam or UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ ICMR/ JRF.
How to Apply?
- Students can visit the official website of the college
- Students can fill the application form and the application fees for the Ph.D. course is 5000/-.
- Payment can be made through Net Banking, Debit/Credit
- Offline application mode is also available for the admission procedure
- For offline applications, students can fill forms in the college campus and affix the photo in the application form.
- After the entrance exam results, the college will update the cut off list for the following courses.
- Students can apply for round 1 and other rounds respectively.
Read More: DYPMC Pune Admission
DYPMC Pune Placements
College provides internship opportunities to its students which depends upon the different courses offered by the college.
As medical students don’t require placements, there will be no placements.
Read More: DYPMC Pune Placement
DYPMC Pune Scholarship
Scholarship facilities for those students who have financial problems, college deduct some amount from the amount of the actual fees. The scholarship is only given in the 1st year of course.
Read More: DYPMC Pune Scholarships
DYPMC Pune Facilities
- Hostel: Hostel facility is given or provided by the college to its students. Where students from outside Hyderabad can live and stay in the hostel.
- Library: The college has a library facility for all the students, in which students can find every type of book related to their courses.
- Labs: As medical students require labs for their projects and practice. College has labs for experiments.
DYPMC Pune Faculty
- Dr. Manvikar P. R: Professor, Department of Anatomy
- Dr. Vasanti Arole: Professor, Department of Anatomy
- Dr. Preeti Sonje: Professor, Department of Anatomy
Read More: DYPMC Pune Faculty Details
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria and selection procedure for the MBBS admissions?
Ques. What are the specializations under the MD course?
Ques. What is the ranking of the college?
Ques. What are the specialization subjects under DM course and selection procedure for the same?