Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute - [VPCI] Quick Updates
Vallabh Bhai Patel Chest Institute (VPCI) was established in 1953 as one of the premier institute offering post graduate courses related to chest diseases and it is affiliated to Delhi University. The institute is located in the main north campus of Delhi and it is funded entirely by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- The foundation stone for the institute was laid by then deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in 1949
- It operated its hospital wing in the name Viswanathan Chest Hospital in 1956.
- It is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Nearest Metro Station is Delhi vishwavidhalya
Accreditation- it has accreditation with National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- APACI Workshop on Epidemiology and Control of Influenza
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) -Programme
- Interactive Lecture on Science & Public Health
- Workshop on Bronchial Asthma
- International Clinical Trials Day
- Symposium on "Personalized Therapeutics in Lung Cancer - The Path Ahead"
- Symposium on Pulmonary Rehabilitation in COPD
- 10038 books
- 23157 titles
- 150 CD’s
- 508 Thesis
- 105 national/international reports
- 112 national/international journals
3 floor hostel having 10 rooms/floor for boys as well as girls
- Main auditorium 300 siting capacity
- Seminar hall 100 siting capacity
- 2 seminar rooms having 50 seats each
95 residences in different parts of campus
- Eugino Morelli Prize
- Forlanini Medal, Italian Tuberculosis Association
- Dhanwantari Prize, Indian National Science Academy
- Silver Jubilee Award, Medical Council. Of India, 1978;
- B.C. Roy Award, 1975 and the list continue.