The Amrita College of Nursing, a component of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, was established in 2002. It is located in Kochi Campus, Kerala of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. The college is recognized by Kerala Nurses’ & Midwives’ Council and Indian Nursing Council. The college offers B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, and M.Sc Nursing.
Amrita College of Nursing Highlights
Type of University
Deemed to be University
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
70487.2 sq. feet
No. of Books
How to Reach
25.6 km from Kochi Airport
12 km from Kochi Bus Stand
12.1 km from Kochi Railway Station
Amrita College of Nursing Courses and Admission
B.Sc Nursing Admission
This program is a 4- year degree program which prepares students for further studies in the same field with practical training.
- To get admission into the B.Sc program, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks in PCB and 50% in English from any State Higher Secondary Board or its equivalent.
- Final selection is based on the aggregate score of the candidate and a personal interview.
M.Sc Nursing Admission
The college offers the M.Sc program in four specialties (Medical-Surgical Nursing, Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing, Child Health Nursing and Mental Health Nursing).
- The candidate must have passed B.Sc Nursing/B.Sc Hons Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with 55% marks from INC recognized institution.
- Minimum one year of work experience after or prior Basic B.Sc Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
- Selection will be based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the All India entrance test conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission
To secure a seat into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing program, the candidate needs to fulfill the given educational requirements:
- The candidate should be 10+2 with minimum required marks from a recognized Board.
- The candidates whose score is 55% marks in General Nursing and Midwifery are also eligible to apply.
- Final selection will be based on the rank acquire by the candidate in the All India entrance test conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Read More About Courses and Fee Details of Amrita College of Nursing
Why join Amrita College of Nursing?
- It equips students with best nursing training by providing exposure in the clinical environment.
- Amrita College of Nursing holds Student Exchange Program to provide global exposure to the students.
- The Nursing College provides academic facilities to the students to fulfill their needs. There are various types of laboratories- Pre-clinical laboratory, Maternity Nursing laboratory, Child Health Nursing laboratory etc., to provide better practical training.
- The students get exposure to clinical conditions in the parent hospital Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS).